Poll: Who is your favourite member of the Simpson and Bouvier family?
Poll Options
View poll results: Who is your favourite member of the Simpson and Bouvier family?
Homer Simpson
24 67%
Marge Simpson
0 0%
Lisa Simpson
3 8%
Bart Simpson
3 8%
Maggie Simpson
3 8%
Patty & Selma Bouvier
0 0%
Abe and Mona Simpson
2 6%
Clancy and Jacqueline Bouvier
1 3%
Voters: 36.
Page 1 of 2
Love it or hate it, you can't deny how much it has changed the way cartoons are now. I used to watch the Simpsons a lot but overtime as I got older I stopped. I think there was a 7-year gap that I didn't watch it. Over the last month, I've been watching back episodes and some that I've never seen before out of boredom and I now look forward to watching it everyday.

It definitely has the most interesting array of supporting characters that are all interesting. I was also Wikipedia-ing the supporting characters and have read a lot of crazy things that really brings the characters to life.

So, who are your favourite supporting characters as well as from the Simpsons themselves and what facts do you know about some of the characters?

This thread could turn out pretty interesting.

Something I learnt a few days ago were:

- Carl and Lenny are apparently homosexual. Both are Buddhist
- Edna Krabbaple used to date Ned Flanders?
- Homer has a crush on Maud Flanders
- Duffman is Jewish and is ashamed of his past. Apparently, there are three different Duffmen who all look similar but are different.
- Moe used to date Marge before she met Homer
- Snake, whenever in Jail, always has his prison clothes bearing the code, 7F20 - which is his "prison number" and actual Production Code of the Simpsons.

There are a ton of weird and fun facts.

As for my favourite supporting Simpsons character - haven't made up my mind yet but from The Simpsons, it's Lisa. I couldn't add any more characters in the Poll but the central Simpsons family are there including the Bouviers.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Mar 15, 2013,
I've been watching a bunch of older episodes recently. Soooo good

I stopped watching it a lot when Fox started only playing stuff from the new seasons in the evening.

I bought seasons 4,5,8,10 and it's just fantastic. Will probably end up buying the first 12 or so seasons eventually.

Can't pick a favorite character. Lisa is probably my least favorite though, lol. At least with the newer stuff.

I also really can't stand Krusty having more than one or two lines an episode.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Mar 15, 2013,
I've only seen about a dozen episodes of this show, and I think they were all the newer ones people say suck. It's alright.

Should I watch the older episodes?
I know what i'm about to say epitomises hipster, but the early seasons are so so so much better. They're full of cultural intertextuality and satire, now it feels like a lot of ridiculous plot lines and Homer saying stupid things.

3 best episodes ever:
1) Monorail.
2) The bond spoof episode, where Homer works for the 'villain'
3)The episode where Homer eats the crazy chilli pepper, and Johnny Cash's brilliant cameo.
Quote by craigdevlin_1
I know what i'm about to say epitomises hipster, but the early seasons are so so so much better. They're full of cultural intertextuality and satire, now it feels like a lot of ridiculous plot lines and Homer saying stupid things.
I don't it's a hipster thing to say when 99.9% of the populations agrees with you
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by HeavyMetalMan28
I've only seen about a dozen episodes of this show, and I think they were all the newer ones people say suck. It's alright.

How is that even possible?
i like the new ones, dont understand why people hate them so much. i cant watch the early seasons for some reason. it looks weird and homer doesnt sound right. (my simpsons knowledge is not amazing so dont slate me if anything i say is wrong).

Main character wise, Homer and Mr Burns for me...

Side characters, i like Dr Nick, Sideshow Bob (i love his arc) Troy, Hans Moleman, Duffman and the old guy with a walking stick
Originally posted by Diminishedfaith

6. Lied? Would I?
10. Done LSD? who's she?
17. Cheated on someone? it was an accident, i didnt remember i had the gameshark on.....
41. Been called a *****?yes, they rate me 5 stars...
46. Kissed someone in a moving vehicle?no, i dont have insurance
Quote by Thrashtastic15
How is that even possible?

I was actually wondering this
___

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by thebassmaster
i like the new ones, dont understand why people hate them so much. i cant watch the early seasons for some reason. it looks weird and homer doesnt sound right.

Unless you're talking about the first or second season, when Castellaneta was still figuring out how to do Homer best, I don't know what you're talking about.

Homer sounds perfectly cromulant after season two.
Nothing hipster about it. Simpsons just isn't the same as it used to be. I'd happily prefer if Groening was to stop making new episodes and make new Futurama, that show has a lot more potential.

Never had a favourite Simpsons character.

Notable episodes include -

Beer Baron episode
The Box Factory episode
Itchy and Scratchy Land
Homer at the Bat
FLAMING MOES!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LkH-1JiA-E

Stark Raving Dad (Michael Jackson episode)
Homerpalooza
The one where Homer starts his own Cult
Cape Fear
^ Groening hasn't worked on the Simpsons since the 90's. He doesn't have the power to make the decision to pull it off the air, either.

EDIT: woah I was totally wrong about that, after looking it up. Sorry about that!

EDIT2: Nope, I was right! Last episode he wrote was Colonal Homer which was season 3 and aired March 26, 1992. His roles since have been purely supervisory. He's only credited in the Simpsons movie as being one of the writers.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Mar 15, 2013,
Quote by CoreysMonster
Unless you're talking about the first or second season, when Castellaneta was still figuring out how to do Homer best, I don't know what you're talking about.

Homer sounds perfectly cromulant after season two.

then im on about first and second season. i can watch them after that i ahd a couple on dvd, no idea which though, cant remember.

like i said, my simpsons knowledge is hazy at best. didnt know how long homer sounded like he did, or when the animation improed,
Originally posted by Diminishedfaith

6. Lied? Would I?
10. Done LSD? who's she?
17. Cheated on someone? it was an accident, i didnt remember i had the gameshark on.....
41. Been called a *****?yes, they rate me 5 stars...
46. Kissed someone in a moving vehicle?no, i dont have insurance
Oh I also forgot the episodes where:

Homer stops going to church.
Homer in space.
The Mr.Burns is an alien episode.

GOD DAMN, guess who is now getting the itches to watch some simpsons. To amazon and the boxset I away.
Series 3-9 are exceptional. 10-12/13 are good, but Homer is too much of a **** from then on. He goes from being unaware he's being horrible (before realising it), to being a genuine arsehole.
________ A
________C
________E
________!
I don't think the newer ones are as good as the older ones. I barely laugh at it at all now. My favorite episode is also the Bond spoof. I think it's called You Only Move Twice.
Quote by FatalGear41
Bassists don't hover on the forum day and night like guitarists. We've got lives to lead, music to play and whiskey to drink.

Quote by Ziphoblat
I'd rather go at my hands with a hacksaw than play lead guitar, and I'm only slightly exaggerating.
Quote by craigdevlin_1
Oh I also forgot the episodes where:

Homer stops going to church.
Homer in space.
The Mr.Burns is an alien episode.

GOD DAMN, guess who is now getting the itches to watch some simpsons. To amazon and the boxset I away.

Yes... Amazon...

Quote by thebassmaster
then im on about first and second season. i can watch them after that i ahd a couple on dvd, no idea which though, cant remember.

like i said, my simpsons knowledge is hazy at best. didnt know how long homer sounded like he did, or when the animation improed,

Ok, I was confused by what you meant

When people say old Simpsons they usually mean from season 1 through about 12, so yea, it's a lot
___

Quote by The_Blode
Last edited by WCPhils at Mar 15, 2013,
Who the Hell are Clancy and Jacqueline Bouvier ?

Wiggum; They're the Wiggums.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
It's a shame it wasn't cancelled a decade ago to avoid diluting the legacy.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I can't pick a favourite character, too many to name. Love The Simpsons though. I intended to get my favourite series on DVD, but after I bot the first season DVD and discovered WTSO I ditched that plan.
I am a Simpsons geek.

Love the show, comics, video games and merchandise.

"Eat my shorts!"

Favourite Simpson episodes for me include;

Treehouse of Horror IV (The one where Mr. Burns is a vampire).
And
Lemon of Troy (Where Shelbyville take Springfield's lemon tree).
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Last edited by treborillusion at Mar 15, 2013,

One of the best jokes ever.
Quote by laid-to-waste
Quote by treborillusion
Who the Hell are Clancy and Jacqueline Bouvier ?

Wiggum; They're the Wiggums.

Your Simpsons Knowledge sucks.

And I just realised what a geek I am
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

In my house, for as long as I can remember, we watch it most weekdays at 6pm. Channel 4 (in the UK) doesn't show newer series promptly though.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
LMFAO - Abbie Simpson. I've missed so much stuff that I didn't even know there was such a Simpson member:

http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Abbie
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Lisa Simpson is best Simpson

EDIT:

Zia Simpson, too

What a rebel
Last edited by sam b at Mar 15, 2013,
Quote by CoreysMonster
^ Groening hasn't worked on the Simpsons since the 90's. He doesn't have the power to make the decision to pull it off the air, either.

EDIT: woah I was totally wrong about that, after looking it up. Sorry about that!

EDIT2: Nope, I was right! Last episode he wrote was Colonal Homer which was season 3 and aired March 26, 1992. His roles since have been purely supervisory. He's only credited in the Simpsons movie as being one of the writers.

That is interesting, might explain what happened...Sadly.

Hi-diddily-ho, Piterinos!
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by Nero Galon
That is interesting, might explain what happened...Sadly.

You do realize 1992 would be like season 3, right?

Most of the best episodes were after that
___

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by WCPhils
You do realize 1992 would be like season 3, right?

Most of the best episodes were after that

Dafuq... Something else must have happened.
Quote by Nero Galon
Dafuq... Something else must have happened.

It just went on to long

ran out of ideas and such
___

Quote by The_Blode
I still find Simpsons watchable up to season 15. 16 is pretty good, although it has some iffy episodes. 17 is where it plummets downhill for me. I've seen a few episodes of the newer seasons and they weren't that bad though so
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel
I still find Simpsons watchable up to season 15. 16 is pretty good, although it has some iffy episodes. 17 is where it plummets downhill for me. I've seen a few episodes of the newer seasons and they weren't that bad though so

Yea, I actually defended it for quite a while. Probably up until when you said. Around 18-19 it just started to have way more bad episodes than good ones.

I've only seen a handful of episodes from the last two season or so
___

Quote by The_Blode
Page 1 of 2