Hi, my name is Manvydas, and I'm from Lithuania

I create this thread, because I want to modify my guitar, but i don't know from that to start. And my guitar isssss..... B.C. Rich Mockingbird, i tried to sell it for a while, but now I just understand what nobody will give that kind of money in Lithuania, so i decided, i need to raise this guitar from hell . I bought this guitar maybe 2 years ago, from some random guy, i pay for it 350 dollars maybe. So, lets begin.

1)I am very satisfied with fingerboard. I don't have any serious fretbuzz.

2)Want to do something with neck connection to the body, there is a little space between, a bit more than 0.71 mm. (will add photos).

3)It's very scratched, but i don't give a shit about that.

4)I don't want to buy some expensive pick-ups now, maybe in future.

5)I don't use this guitar for a half year maybe, so i need replace strings and do intonation settings.

Ok, so maybe you have some advice for better sound?

I think i will write this like a blog, so let's keep in touch.

Now i will add some photos:

So you want to take it through a setup and drop some inexpensive pickups in? That space is probably ok, they're sometimes made that way with a set neck (my Gretsch had the same overhang; no big deal). There's a setup thread showing you how to take it through an intonation/neck set/action adjustment, and plenty of resources online. Are you thinking of keeping it humbucker/humbucker pickup setting, or do you have issues with that configuration?
OffsetOffset
Well a high E string would be a good idea for starters.

Only messing, maybe look at some higher quality potentiometers?
Silverburst
Quote by SteveHOC
So you want to take it through a setup and drop some inexpensive pickups in? That space is probably ok, they're sometimes made that way with a set neck (my Gretsch had the same overhang; no big deal). There's a setup thread showing you how to take it through an intonation/neck set/action adjustment, and plenty of resources online. Are you thinking of keeping it humbucker/humbucker pickup setting, or do you have issues with that configuration?

Oh, I have in mind that i will not change pickups at moment now, maybe in future, they are pretty nice, because I just play for myself, no concerts etc... so no big deal with pickups now. I read somewhere that changing floyd rose block can help for better sustain. Any advice?

Quote by Insanity ninja
Well a high E string would be a good idea for starters.

Only messing, maybe look at some higher quality potentiometers?

Maybe have something to offer? Don't know a lot about pots for guitar. Because don't have a lot experience with them. Any advice?

And maybe I have to change springs in floyd? Because they don't look very strong.
Last edited by Manvydas at Mar 15, 2013,
Quote by Manvydas
4)I don't want to buy some expensive pick-ups now, maybe in future.

Ok, so maybe you have some advice for better sound?
Swapping pickups is the biggest improvement you can make on its sound? If you can't afford to swap pickups then nothing else is really worth the effort. That's the biggest upgrade you can make on a guitar like this, followed by replacing the tuners. I would focus on the pickups first off.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Last edited by Flux'D at Mar 15, 2013,
There are so many mods that can be done if your good at wiring and soldering. You can do a cheap "Black Ice" mod for onboard distortion. Or you can wire in an in/out-of-phase switch. If your pickups are 4-lead, you can do a series/parallel switch. You could remove the selector switch and use a blend pot instead. You could add a direct-out switch(which will bypass the tone and volume and make your pickups sound brighter).

There are many others that I can't think of right now. But I agree with Flux'd, upgrading the pickups would be a very worthwhile mod(unless your amp is crap).
What don't you like about it?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What don't you like about it?

Sorry don't understand your question
Quote by randywolf244
Drop some new pups in and a real floyd and you'll be set

A real floyd rose? What do you mean by what? Change it because it's old or bad? Because on it writed that it's it original, and i saw in ebay selling some just like mine
Quote by Manvydas
A real floyd rose? What do you mean by what? Change it because it's old or bad? Because on it writed that it's it original, and i saw in ebay selling some just like mine

i cant read the writing but ive seen a few knockoffs that look alot like that. and knockoff typically means bad.

though im not sure if its a real floyd or a real something then forget that lol
It's a Floyd Rose copy. It says "Licensed under Floyd Rose Patents " or something to that effect beneath the fine tuners. A real Floyd will have "Floyd Rose" cast into the baseplate on the upper edge. Cheaper copies don't use the same quality materials and aren't known for their tuning stability.
Quote by 4FunandProphet
It's a Floyd Rose copy. It says "Licensed under Floyd Rose Patents " or something to that effect beneath the fine tuners. A real Floyd will have "Floyd Rose" cast into the baseplate on the upper edge. Cheaper copies don't use the same quality materials and aren't known for their tuning stability.

thats what i was thinking. that or maybe it was a brand ive never heard of
I think i would start with some new strings. setup. What kind of amp you got? after strings/setup. a good amp will improve your sound/tone more than anything. Trust me. Its all about your skill and amp.
My amp is fender mustang ii. I was experimenting , bought some pickups from china and it's very nice pickups. Their are more richer in tone, and is more like my style. I really like them. If somebody want something new, and don't want to spend a lot of money, try something like these: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sell-Free-Shipping-Free-pickup-rings-a-set-of-Alnico-Vintage-Zebra-guitar-pickups-humbucker-guitar/463771625.html have no problem with them less noise. Next step would be change floyd rose or make it to the stop bar.