Page 1 of 2
What, in your opinion, would be the way that humans could go extinct? A meteorite hitting earth, wiping out all life almost immediately? Environmental catastrophies? War?

Personally, i think that the worst scenario would be the one from Children Of Men, i am currently reading the book and it seems to be far more depressing than the film, some of the things involved, like families treating new born animals like babies, mass drownings of the old and infirm, deportation of criminals to a lawless island, and the feeling of powerlessness is awful. Either this, or the road, which has a similar kind of feeling, except society has completely collapsed.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Boredom
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by Hydra150
Boredom

I genuinely believe you're correct.
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
I genuinely believe you're correct.

I don't
I'm just bored
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Humanity isn't gonna end. The day the world ends there'll be some oblivious survivors on a cruise ship. They will end up stranded on a tiny island where they'll gradually repopulate the Earth. Humans evolve with flippers from arms, superbrains and communicate telepathically.
Last edited by lucky1978 at Mar 15, 2013,
2.8 billion years: Earth's surface temperature, even at the poles, reaches an average of 147°C. At this point life, now reduced to unicellular colonies in isolated, scattered microenvironments such as high-altitude lakes or subsurface caves, will completely die out.

Found that on Wikipedia. Call me an idiot, but I think it'll happen :P
Death by boners
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Quote by khohn2727
2.8 billion years: Earth's surface temperature, even at the poles, reaches an average of 147°C. At this point life, now reduced to unicellular colonies in isolated, scattered microenvironments such as high-altitude lakes or subsurface caves, will completely die out.

Found that on Wikipedia. Call me an idiot, but I think it'll happen :P

This.

Unless there's some nuclear war, but it's unlikely that everyone would die.
Quote by lucky1978
Humanity isn't gonna end. The day the world ends there'll be some oblivious survivors on a cruise ship.

wat
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
the gays
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by whywefight
This thread is now about ways to kill every single person on Earth.

Do you think its possible with all the nuclear weapons to wipe out everyone?

No, but I think Obama taking all of our hard-earned assault rifles and giving them to abortion doctors is a good start.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

We're far to versatile and populous to be destroyed by anything less than a complete environmental collapse across the entire planet. The idea that a single virus or meteorite or the like could kill us off is fantasy.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Clearly, nature is going to turn on humanity and kill us all.

As long as Mark Wahlberg can outrun the wind, we'll be able to survive this scenario.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Gays are going to disrupt the reproductive cycle and kill us all.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Humanity is its own end, maaan.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: The Police

#wolfie2017 #freegyros #gifsftw G7#9
I was like 95% sure no one was going to understand that reference
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

A large-scale nuclear war would do some serious damage. Maybe not immediately, but the fallout in the years afterwards would probably kill everything off just from radiation poisoning.

I guess it really depends on how big the bombs are how many of them are used.

A meteor hitting the earth would probably be pretty bad too.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
The end will come when I grow bored of you all.
Now dance you muppets.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by stonyman65
A large-scale nuclear war would do some serious damage. Maybe not immediately, but the fallout in the years afterwards would probably kill everything off just from radiation poisoning.

I guess it really depends on how big the bombs are how many of them are used.

A meteor hitting the earth would probably be pretty bad too.

Chernobyl released more radiation than a nuclear bomb would, plus a load of iodine and caesium, and wildlife is doing quite well in the exclusion zone a mere 25 years later. The main damage caused by nuclear weaponry is really infrastructural, which would kill billions, but it's very unlikely that we as a species would be wiped out.
We're going to poison ourselves in one way or another.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
I'm your extinction, motherfuckers.

*holds out two humoristically large gattling guns with a cigar in between the lips*

Quote by Todd Hart
We're far to versatile and populous to be destroyed by anything less than a complete environmental collapse across the entire planet. The idea that a single virus or meteorite or the like could kill us off is fantasy.

A dinosaur once told me exactly this, and where is he now, I ask?
We'll have already conquered space by that time and evolved into some weird things.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Global warming probably. It'll make it too hot for our crops to grow or something.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
What that alien said in that episode of Captain Planet. The earth won't be able to cope with the massive population and humanity will simply collapse.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Pride. Although it endows a sense of self respect and unity among a small group, on the big picture it does more harm than good.

inb4 "You're so deep" sarcastic comment.
Quote by Scorpyin
A dinosaur once told me exactly this, and where is he now, I ask?

Well dinosaur isn't a species but, at least one clade of them is doing fantastically well as a bird, one of the most populous groups of species on the planet.
If you subscribe to Michio Kaku's theory of technology evolution, we are a "type 0" civilization and are vulnerable to being wiped out entirely.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Everyone will become so obese that our combined weight will squish the earth and we will all fall off
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Global warming ---> North pole melts ---> Floods ---> The world population resorts to moving down south to escape modern-day deluge ---> Everyone falls off the Earth and into space because they don't notice they've crossed the equator

It will end with all the straight people dying and all gays not making any more babies. Wiping out the human race as we know it!

If you couldn't tell, I'm not being serious.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Joshua Garcia
It will end with all the straight people dying and all gays not making any more babies. Wiping out the human race as we know it!

If you couldn't tell, I'm not being serious.
THIS IS WHY GAYS SHOULDN'T MARRY!

ditto

man have you ever thought that maybe the whole "western world" is actually like north korea? like they make it seem like we are enlightened and progressive when in reality we are hundreds of years behind other areas? north korea secretly actually is best korea, and we just don't know because the media hides it with fake "surveillance" and such man. that would be some crazy shit man.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
man have you ever thought that maybe the whole "western world" is actually like north korea? like they make it seem like we are enlightened and progressive when in reality we are hundreds of years behind other areas? north korea secretly actually is best korea, and we just don't know because the media hides it with fake "surveillance" and such man. that would be some crazy shit man.

This is how the Maple Leafs still have fans.
Delusion.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
This is how the Maple Leafs still have fans.
Delusion.

naw dude it's a "imagine if" scenario.

imagine if Toronto won the cup, the parade route would be so...

see?

Quote by Wolfinator-x
Global warming ---> North pole melts ---> Floods ---> The world population resorts to moving down south to escape modern-day deluge ---> Everyone falls off the Earth and into space because they don't notice they've crossed the equator

Only the North Pole would melt?
Page 1 of 2