Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
I have a Boss TU2, but I think there cheaper options out there. I heard that the new TU3 was a little faster. There is a slight delay in the TU2 once you strike a note before it figures out if you are b or #.

Having the extra features of a more expensive unit can be nice if you do a lot of alternate tuning and some of them have a bass guitar mode.

I'm sure $50 would get a nice needle tuner. Any differences in accuracy with a cheaper tuner would probably be offset with the natural tuning problems with guitars.

I think the most popular model on Guitar Center website was a small Korg unit.
Handheld would probably be the Korg CA-30. I've had one for about 10 years now and it has never let me down. Still on the same pair of batteries too!

The BOSS TU2 is good, but the TU3 is more accurate. I would go with the TU3 unless you can get a deal on the TU2.

The TC Electronics Polytune is really good, but because of the poly-chromatic tuning it doesn't work well with really low tunings. As long as you are in the typical E, Eb, -range you are okay.

For clip on tunes I really like the Planet Waves ones. The only problem with them is that they are kind of easy to lose.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
I would recommend the Korg pitch back. Got mine new for $70.

I was going to buy a ploy tune mini, pretty much because of its size, but after some messing around with the ploytune, polytune mini, pitchback and TU-2, me and my bands producer (who also plays guitar for a living) in the studio, we derrived that the tu-2 is the most accurate, followed closely buy the korg (they're basically equal) and the polytunes just SUCK..... They were way out compared to the korg and boss. So much, that it was quite noticable on some of my recording, and I had to re do them tuned to the boss

I took us a while to figure out what was going on. We thought it was my guitars intenotation, so we re-setup my guitar only to figure out it was the damn tuner the whole time

In the end I went with the Korg becasue it was $30 cheaper, and its much easier to see on stage.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that I have 3 of those korg handhelds (not sure where 2 of them came from). I've had the one that I've bought for 12ish years, and the other 2 for about 8 or so. Change the batteries about once every year - year and a half, and we're good to go!
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Last edited by red.guitar at Mar 15, 2013,
Quote by stonyman65
Handheld would probably be the Korg CA-30. I've had one for about 10 years now and it has never let me down. Still on the same pair of batteries too!

I have the same one for about as long as I have been playing. I do have another turner that came with my guitar but I prefer this one.
Quote by Showiddlydiddly
If it's for home just buy a clip-on Snark or something.

Funny thing, when I went back to the studio to do some more rough takes, the same guy who I tested the other tuners with gave me the snark to tune with. I laughed at him for making such a big deal about the tuner last time I was there. Thats when he told me that he tried the snark against the others, and it was actually more accurate then the polytunes! Apparently almost as accurate as the boss and korg
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Well, I use a Sabine NEX-5000 pedal tuner and a rack mount Korg DTR1000. I like em both.

I've used the new Pitch Black someone mentioned - it is pretty awesome for the price.
: : : p u n k 0 m i : : :
After my Planet Waves tuner died on me (after years of good service) I bought a Hardwire Poly-Chromatic tuner and I love it. Different tunings on the presets, easy to see in different lighting situations, built like a tank and tunes spot-on. Not bad for a little less than a hundred bucks.

http://www.hardwirepedals.com/en-US/products/ht-6
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley