I plan on adding either a eq or bbe sonic stomp to my setup. Currently I have a maxon od808. Is it possible to use a eq or sonic stomp with a overdrive pedal at the same time ? I've never bad the opportunity to try this combo.
Sure!

I've never used the sonic stop, so I can't talk about that, but I do use my EQ and OD all the time together.

I always have my EQ pedal on. Reading your previous thread, I would go with the EQ

BTW, you should have posted just one thread asking the questions together.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
yeah you can, you can try them in either setup, OD before or after, some like before some like after. Personally based on what EQ you're looking at, I'd go for the EQ pedal over the SS. The SS is a great effect but I've always felt it's older brother rack unit was the kind to use, you'll notice a more drastic effect with an EQ pedal, like the mxr 10-band or something.
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
I've used a BBE Sonic Stomp with any number of pedals, including overdrives and distortion boxes. It works fine, and it can definitely improve the overall sound. There is a lot of versatility in a Sonic Stomp if you put in the time to learn how it affects your particular setup.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
I think I might try a eq instead of sonic stomp. Also do people run a eq, compressor and overdrive all together?
Yep!
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
To shorten it up, pretty much any pedal combination you can think of has been used, the results haven't been pretty every time, but I promise it has worked for somebody, no matter what.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
I have a od808...overdrive all the way down tone 12 o clock and balance all the way up
Last edited by Joeballz at Mar 15, 2013,
Quote by tas38
To shorten it up, pretty much any pedal combination you can think of has been used, the results haven't been pretty every time, but I promise it has worked for somebody, no matter what.

Not true, if you put a delay, then a reverb, then an overdrive, then a phaser, then another reverb, then a delay, then a tuner, and put it in the effects loop it destroys all life on earth.
Quote by iwannabesedated
Not true, if you put a delay, then a reverb, then an overdrive, then a phaser, then another reverb, then a delay, then a tuner, and put it in the effects loop it destroys all life on earth.

Isn't that what black metal bands try to do anyway?
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Quote by iwannabesedated

nah man that just kills humans.

if you put a wah in there, that's the recipe for destruction
Quote by ihartfood
nah man that just kills humans.

if you put a wah in there, that's the recipe for destruction

Right, but no one dares find out where in the chain.
Quote by ihartfood
what does a sonic stomp do?

A Sonic Maximizer basically just boosts lows and highs, essentially scooping your sound. I don't know how different the Sonic Stomp is, but I'm guessing just a pedal form of it.

I'd go for an EQ; it's much more versatile.
I'm Mitch, I like making guitar and bass gear reviews/comparisons on YouTube
YouTube

I play bass in an instrumental band called Beyond the Woods
Facebook
Twitter