Hey, so i have a Mesa TA - 15 that only has output for 8 and 4 ohms. Im looking at buying an orange 212 but it only comes in 16 ohm. I know that it is safe to run a head into a higher ohm cab so i dont want this thread to turn into a huge uninformed debate, but I would love to know if there is any sound loss or tonal change from running a 8 ohm amp to a 16 ohm cab.

Also if you have any comments about the 212 or suggestions of other cabs, let me know.

Cheers
"And Whamo! Your stuck with some boring job, and they dont let you play guitar and they dont let you take pictures of naked women"
-Homer Simpson
Quote by revilo
Hey, so i have a Mesa TA - 15 that only has output for 8 and 4 ohms. Im looking at buying an orange 212 but it only comes in 16 ohm. I know that it is safe to run a head into a higher ohm cab so i dont want this thread to turn into a huge uninformed debate, but I would love to know if there is any sound loss or tonal change from running a 8 ohm amp to a 16 ohm cab.

Also if you have any comments about the 212 or suggestions of other cabs, let me know.

Cheers

it is inefficient to run at mismatched impedance. i suggest getting an 8 ohm cabinet.

i have changed the speakers on both of my ppc212's, one of them i got 16 ohm speakers for and wired them in parallel for 8 ohm operation. you could do that.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae