Anyone have one?
When I was a little kid I was obsessed with these things but forgot about them until I happened to google pictures of them when I was drunk a few nights ago.

How much do they run you? (The actual lizard, a tank, fixings, food)
What do you feed them?
Can I decorate my tank with rainbow pebbles/Tile floor samples to make it look like a baller?

I heard of people having a glass tank that had vines coming out of it that were all around the room. When in the room, tank can be open and Chameleon will chill on the vines around the room, when out of the room, close the tank, chameleon chills in the tank.

I'm also a big Herbie Hancock fan.

Lets talk about Chameleons!

Pic related:
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Last edited by King Of Suede at Mar 16, 2013,
Owning one would probably be cool. But I already have a kitty that loves me.

Despite it being very very mean and often hisses at me should she be annoyed with my petting.

Besides, tarantulas are the freaking coolest pet ever.

Ain't it adorable?
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Mar 16, 2013,
I mean. No =/

Plus my picture if bigger so your post is irrelevant. Other than the part where you said owning a chameleon would be cool.
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
What's the point of having a pet chameleon and not naming it Karma?

EDIT: /misread OP and thought you named it Herbie
West Ham United
Last edited by King Donkey at Mar 16, 2013,
Quote by King Of Suede
I mean. No =/

Yeah well nobody likes you. >

Plus my picture if bigger so your post is irrelevant.

It wasn't supposed to be bigger, it was supposed to be about even. But bro I don't think you want to start an image war, because I'd totally win.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I'd rather keep talking about chameleons and their role in my future life.
Quote by Banjocal
Was it cool when it was alive? Or seeing your friend's life crumble upon its death?
Lack of punctuation is making it very hard to understand your post.

Im sorry to hear about your loss. Maybe one day your friend and his buddy will climb vines and shit in the rainforest in the sky some day soon. You should buy him another.
Quote by Banjocal
i love lizard type animals...
i grew up with a pet iguana it was bad ass named him eric

im currently thinking about getting a bearded dragon or oa hedgehog...but now that you mention it a chamileon would be pretty sweet.
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
You're going to have a discussion about cool pets and not bring up these cute bastards?

you're never as free as when you are lost
I had a veiled chameleon when I was a kid. It was easy to take care of and cool as ****. Their hands are weird and cool, pretty much everything about them is cool, honestly. I just fed mine crickets, sat in a medium cage and was fine with a regular heat lamp and a uv light. Misted his cage twice a day. Pretty low maintenance imo. Great pets.

Edit to above: they change color with mood or emotion, not to blend in. Mine was a light green most of the time, but when he was distressed ( for example falling off his ledges) he would instantly turn jet black. When he was happy (I think) he would go this very vibrant bright green. Beautiful animals.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Last edited by naedauuf at Mar 16, 2013,
Quote by King Of Suede
Was it cool when it was alive? Or seeing your friend's life crumble upon its death?
Lack of punctuation is making it very hard to understand your post.

Im sorry to hear about your loss. Maybe one day your friend and his buddy will climb vines and shit in the rainforest in the sky some day soon. You should buy him another.

it was cool when it was alive her life didnt exactly crumble when it died

and we got her a lizard she keeps in the tanks now
that lizard likes to whip people with its tail

What about meeeeeee wreeeegbbllllccch is it my slime? I can't help it, it's glandular, blaggghhhhhhrrrrrrr...
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Owning one would probably be cool. But I already have a kitty that loves me.

Despite it being very very mean and often hisses at me should she be annoyed with my petting.

Besides, tarantulas are the freaking coolest pet ever.

Ain't it adorable?

Awww :3
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Never had one, but want it soooooo bad. They're hard to come by and when you find one they're really expensive, but I guess that's not for every country in the world
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
when you go on holidays it'd die
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
Are they allergic to holidays?
ffs I'd love the shit out of this Chameleon. Why would I not make sure it was looked after during holidays?
I don't even go on holidays! Work year round, bich. Bagels factories stop for no man!
Quote by Banjocal
Quote by King Of Suede
Are they allergic to holidays?
ffs I'd love the shit out of this Chameleon. Why would I not make sure it was looked after during holidays?
I don't even go on holidays! Work year round, bich. Bagels factories stop for no man!

most people go on holidays, and it's something to consider before you buy one plus all the stuff. Lots of animals get neglected or dumped or 'looked after' by friends who can't do it properly.
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Used to have one of these bad boys

Last edited by lncognito at Mar 16, 2013,
I've always wanted one. Even though they do noothing but chill, I've always wanted one.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Rapunzel in Tangled had a pet chameleon, I'm sure there are others in movies, too - Rango, that's another
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Quote by lncognito
Used to have one of these bad boys

You had a ladybug that played harmonica?

Or a landline telephone? I still have landline telephones, but they're not plugged in. I'll probably donate them to a museum in a couple of years.
Quote by shiggityswah

Welcome to UG. Everyone here will piss you off at some point, it's just what we do.
Veiled chameleons run for around 100, their life span is from around 5-7 years, they're also insectivores. I happen to currently own an iguana and they're pretty cool. Iguanas are a bit harder to take care off, so yeah chameleons are pretty chill animals and I would definitely buy one.
Here's a great site with a bunch of good breeders that will be more likely to insure that you get a healthy animal, though it may cost a little more since you have to have it shipped.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51

Look for a good care sheet on them as they aren't exactly beginner animals. I bought a Jacksons Cham. as a kid and a couple weeks after bringing it home from the store it had 13 babies.. they were pretty hard to care for and eventually all died because, well, I was a dumb ass kid. I ended up giving the chameleon back to the store. They are awesome pets though and if you're responsible and follow their guidelines well you won't have trouble taking care of them. Just have to make sure you can keep them at the right temps and they do best in a screen cage.

Here is a decent guide on Panther Chameleons which are probably my favorite, they have the best colors. Adult veileds are pretty cool too.

http://www.reptilechannel.com/care-sheets/panther-chameleon.aspx

If you're really interested in them you should look and see if there are any Reptile Expos in your area I'm sure if you just google your state + reptile show you'll find some results. Those are always cool to go to even if you don't get anything. There's a guy at the Detroit reptile show who usually has a couple huge chameleons crawling around freely at his booth.

Edit: Just wanted to add that if you do get one, make sure you get a Captive Bred one and not a wild caught. Wild caughts will come with parasites and will be much harder to care for. Also the April 2013 issue of Reptile Magazine has a huge article about chameleons/care in it.
Last edited by etceteranough at Mar 16, 2013,
I'd like to own a chameleon, I'd probably go for a panther chameleon.

I have a rosy tarantula, pastel ball python, pueblan milk snake, an american toad and a huge ass cat.

I plan on buying another snake this spring, probably a western Hognose

Snakes are so chill to take care of, but a chameleon would be pretty cool too.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Quote by etceteranough
Here's a great site with a bunch of good breeders that will be more likely to insure that you get a healthy animal, though it may cost a little more since you have to have it shipped.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51

Look for a good care sheet on them as they aren't exactly beginner animals. I bought a Jacksons Cham. as a kid and a couple weeks after bringing it home from the store it had 13 babies.. they were pretty hard to care for and eventually all died because, well, I was a dumb ass kid. I ended up giving the chameleon back to the store. They are awesome pets though and if you're responsible and follow their guidelines well you won't have trouble taking care of them. Just have to make sure you can keep them at the right temps and they do best in a screen cage.

Here is a decent guide on Panther Chameleons which are probably my favorite, they have the best colors. Adult veileds are pretty cool too.

http://www.reptilechannel.com/care-sheets/panther-chameleon.aspx

If you're really interested in them you should look and see if there are any Reptile Expos in your area I'm sure if you just google your state + reptile show you'll find some results. Those are always cool to go to even if you don't get anything. There's a guy at the Detroit reptile show who usually has a couple huge chameleons crawling around freely at his booth.

Edit: Just wanted to add that if you do get one, make sure you get a Captive Bred one and not a wild caught. Wild caughts will come with parasites and will be much harder to care for. Also the April 2013 issue of Reptile Magazine has a huge article about chameleons/care in it.

Thanks so much for your post, man. This is really what I was looking for.
Very helpful.

Can't wait to own one of these bad boys.
Quote by Banjocal