Page 1 of 4
As I mentioned in another thread like 30 seconds ago, I'm currently listening to the Beatles discography from first to last. Just finished their 8th album.

Anyways, I would have said this long before I started doing this as I've always been a fan, but in my opinion, they have the best discography of any band or artists.

I'm also a fan of plenty of artists who I think have terrible discographies. Santana for instance has made some tracks I think are really amazing and some of my all-time favorites. However it'd be really difficult for me to try and listen to his entire discography.

Anyways, most artists I like have a few albums I can't get into. The only artists whose entire discography can keep me interested are The Beatles, Boards of Canada and Ochre.
David Bowie. Total man-crush.

When I was into Megadeth, though... that was a rarity. I had been really into bands before them, like Metallica and Iron Maiden, but it was the first and only band to this day where I actually liked every single song they put out.
Crystal Castles

Kanye West too.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Last edited by ErikLensherr at Mar 16, 2013,
Biffy Clyro, Arctic Monkeys, Brand New.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

The Beatles are an obligatory pick. I could go on a gigantic rant about how their music completely changed music production, pop music, and recording techniques, amongst other things, but apparently there's actually a Liverpool university that offers a masters in Beatles studies, so I'll leave that to the incredibly bored experts who'd probably jump at the chance to use that degree.

Queen also comes to mind. I managed to luck out and found the discography on sale for $30 used at a yard sale on the way home from mowing a lawn when I was 15, so I've heard every single Queen album in full. The closest thing to a bad album was Hot Space, and even that wasn't bad, it was just out-of-place and didn't stand up as well as the others.

Cream and The Jimi Hendrix Experience, each only lasting three or four albums, didn't have much room to screw up in, and screw up they did not. Both discographies are solid, and leave me wanting more. Real more though, not "rehashed Hendrix demoes" more.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Yes to Beatles and Boards of Canada, nice choices there friend

Slowly discovering Kraftwerk, and I am getting more and more impressed album by album.

To your list, I would also add Joy Division, GY!BE, possibly Miles Davis. All I can think of now

Oh and of course, Radiohead!

Edit: Led Zeppelin have a stellar discography, bar In Through The Out Door
Last edited by AKnownHardman at Mar 16, 2013,
The Beatles, Pavement, Prince, Velvet Underground
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Nirvana. Every song they've put out, every life recording, and every rarity/demo, I absolutely love. Some may disagree, but I personally love their shit.

Also, I have actually genuinely enjoyed every BMTH release (though I haven't listened to Sempiternal yet). I'm not usually one for -core music, but I like them, oddly enough. I wouldn't go so far as to say they have one of the best discogs, though.

/-100 metal points
Quote by soundgarden1986
Screw your bases. If she doesn't let me go elbow deep in her ass on the first date, it wasn't meant to be.

Quote by willT08
Every thread on here to do with audio quality is like walking into a paddock of shit slinging chimps
Hmm this is actually pretty hard...
This band from Maine called Ogre has a perfect discography but it's only 3 albums.
I also love Kyuss but it's only 4 albums.
Black Sabbath did extremely well, 15 great albums and 3 meh ones.
Witchcraft also produced 3 perfect albums but one poor one.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by Trowzaa
Brand New.

Yes

Also, The Mars Volta and Devin Townsend.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Jawbreaker
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Hmm...it would be easy to put bands like Nirvana or the Hendrix Experience that only had 3 albums or so. Limiting it to artists that had at least 5 albums:

The Beatles (duh)
The Melvins (even though some of their weird stuff isn't great, it's neat to see a band experiment like that)
Paul Simon (solo and with Garfunkel)

Wow just three?
Quote by Trowzaa
Brand New.

Quote by fail
Yes

This. Every. Single. ****in. Song
Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
Amon Amarth. Problem?
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by axethrower13
This. Every. Single. ****in. Song

My brother doesn't really like Your Favourite Weapon.

I bloody love it. Cheesy (ish) pop punk. Nowt wrong with that at all.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa
My brother doesn't really like Your Favourite Weapon.

I bloody love it. Cheesy (ish) pop punk. Nowt wrong with that at all.

That one is definitely underrated I think. Mix Tape is the greatest.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by AKnownHardman
Oh and of course, Radiohead!

Edit: Led Zeppelin have a stellar discography, bar In Through The Out Door
Yeah In Through the Out Door entirely kills it for me. And Pablo Honey was terrible, you have to admit. As much as I love both of these bands....

Honestly I can't think of any bands with a stellar discography. Most of my favorite bands had at least one weak album.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Last edited by food1010 at Mar 16, 2013,
I love it because its so young, and energetic. I could almost work out to it. Its a little cheesy, but it has some pretty intense and deep parts. Secondly its absolutely 110% mind blowing how the band evolved from that to Deja Entendu. Jesse's lyrics are, IMHO, some of the best lyrics ever written. The way he can tell a story, and the way a band can support it, its unbelievable.

Checkin' my watch everyday still, wondering about a new cd...
Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
Mastodon is pretty solid. They've evolved quite album to album but it's always fresh and has that signature Mastodon funk.

Ozric Tentacle
Protest The Hero
SCALE THE SUMMIT
Seventh Wonder
Symphony X

and of course : TooL

EDIT : This isn't flaming, just my opinion, but after hearing that Brand New song, I can frankly say that I never want to hear Brand New again. His voice is horrible ; whiney and quivering. The lyrics are totally off rhythm to me, I realize it's prose set to music but I find it totally lacking in poeticity. And then the chords he's strumming don't really feel like they're doing anything for the song. Bleh.
Last edited by Jacques-Henri at Mar 16, 2013,
Quote by soulflyV
John Frusciante. Minus a little bump in the road some call Smile from the Streets You Hold.
That album was so painful.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Quote by food1010
That album was so painful.

You know that feeling you get when you see someone do something so painfully bad but they just don't stop because they think stopping won't make it better but instead they only make it worse and then you look away and you feel you have to look at it but you can't look at it because you'll cringe so hard that your head enters your colon?

That's how I feel when I heard it. The feeling doubled when I found out he was extremely strung out when he made the record. I can sleep better knowing that the cd is out of print forever.
Quote by axethrower13
Jesse's lyrics are, IMHO, some of the best lyrics ever written.

The Morning Benders
Chevelle, while generic in their later albums, still stayed pretty solid
A Perfect circle
Radiohead

Quote by guitarage

I'd like to know why that's so funny.
Last edited by chev311e at Mar 16, 2013,
Quote by guitarage

I'm sorry ked, is something funny here? Why don't you pull up a few examples and let me know why they're that bad?

God damn turd burglar, who has better lyrics?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyIX84ti7ao
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/brandnew/playcrackthesky.html

I could, very literally, go into a full-fledged literary analysis on this song. This song showcases how incredible his writing is. Its stupid ****s like you that keep from from posting on this site much anymore, ****.

Quote by chev311e

A Perfect circle

I could get behind that vote too
Quote by drop-dead666
Last edited by axethrower13 at Mar 16, 2013,
-David Bowie
-Rudimentary Peni
-Echo & the Bunnymen
-Codeine
-The Dubliners
-Red House Painters

uhh theres probably more, but not with relatively hefty discogs
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by axethrower13
I'm sorry ked, is something funny here? Why don't you pull up a few examples and let me know why they're that bad?

God damn turd burglar, who has better lyrics?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyIX84ti7ao
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/brandnew/playcrackthesky.html

I could, very literally, go into a full-fledged literary analysis on this song. This song showcases how incredible his writing is. Its stupid ****s like you that keep from from posting on this site much anymore, ****.

I could get behind that vote too

Please don't let idiotic trolls actually influence your decisions.
Maiden! The two albums with Blaze Bailey weren't as good as their other ones, but their seriously not bad either. Especially when Bruce sings those songs live, it's like they really were made for him not Blaze.
Also Trivium and Turisas!
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
I Love every single track the Foo Fighters ever put out, even the filler tracks from One by One. Also, At the Drive-In is about the only band I can listen to time and time again and still be captavated. Cedric's lyrics are just inhuman.
Ahh how bout Boston!!! Fantastic all the way through every song off there albums would make a good single. And yes foos also Dave keeps it fresh but still good.
Page 1 of 4