Hey guys,

Basically, I'm starting out in a band (metal), jamming out in the garage and all and at the moment I'm using a Marshall MG, it's tiny and looking to take it up a notch. We're only really practicing for now then maybe a small gig or two soon but I was looking at the Line 6 Spider Jam 75W 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp and can see it's getting some real good feedback.

Was wondering if this would be recommended or something similar would be better?

Cheers!
Budget?

Genres?

New or Used?

Home or Gig?

Closest City?

Current Gear?

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000
Budget? $300 - $500

Genres? Metalcore/Post Hardcore

New or Used? Preferably new

Home or Gig? Home but some small gigs soon

Closest City? Melbourne, Australia

Current Gear? Marshall MG (littlest model, don't know the model name) and a Cort Flying V (Soon upgrading to a Jackson RR V)
6505+ plus combo would be best... Not sure what your guys prices are over there...

Next would be a peavey Vypyr 60...
Dude go used, you can get so much more in that price range, used.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Dude go used, you can get so much more in that price range, used.

x2

He is in Australia... Used is his best bet for stretching his $$$
I'm also in a metalcore band, I've used the spider by line 6 and it was great, we were playing the devil wears prada stuff but if you can I would save for an orange that is sickeningly good metal tone.
Quote by TDWP33
The Spider definitely satisfied

lol wut
Quote by ChemicalFire
You get my first ever lolstack

The image in my head is just too funny for words at this point

Aw yeah.
Quote by TDWP33
The Spider definitely satisfied

Spiders aren't liked over here... or any where for that matter
Peavey Classic 30
PRS SE Custom Semi-Hollow
+some pedals
definitely go used, nothing wrong with getting a used amp, and depending on what they go for the 1x12 6505 would be a great option.
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
Quote by TheNameOfNoone
lol wut

@TDWP33, Welcome to UG . Go around posting shit like that here and everyone is going to assume you're either a troll, or completely inexperienced.
Quote by shiggityswah

Welcome to UG. Everyone here will piss you off at some point, it's just what we do.
It's not a great amp but it got the job done for a metalcore gig with my buddy's so that's what I was saying. Decent sound but nothing above that. I am all about tube amps. I have a baseman reissue my self, with an MXR fullboremedal distortion it kicks butt.
Last edited by TDWP33 at Mar 16, 2013,
Sound wise a Line 6 Spider (non valve version) isn't really an improvement over a Marshall MG, if you can't afford a Peavey 6505 then take a look at the Peavey Valveking.

Don't buy a Spider.
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V
Quote by TDWP33
It's not a great amp but it got the job done for a metalcore gig with my buddy's so that's what I was saying. Decent sound but nothing above that...

No.

The MG is so horrible, I would agree that a Spider would be better, but only about 5% better.

Spiders & MGs get so much hate here because for about the same price you could get a good solid state amp like a Vypyr or a Mustang.

So if a good tube amp is like having sex with a really hot chick, and an SS Vypyr is like having sex with an average girl, then a Spider is like whacking off with 240 grit sandpaper, and an MG is like whacking off with 150 grit sandpaper.
Quote by shiggityswah

Welcome to UG. Everyone here will piss you off at some point, it's just what we do.
Can some one tell me how to start a forum, I can't figure it out, I can only right on other ones
You can't start your own forum.

You can make your own thread by choosing a forum, then clicking the "new thread" box in the upper left corner.
Quote by shiggityswah