McDonald's to give out 230,000 free bacon and egg McMuffins on National Breakfast Day

Poll: Do you like McDonalds?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you like McDonalds?
McDonalds
5 11%
McDonalds McDonalds McDonalds
1 2%
McDonalds McDonalds McDonalds McDonalds McDonalds
1 2%
McDonalds McDonalds
5 11%
McDonalds McDonalds McDonalds McDonalds McDonalds McDonalds
0 0%
McDonalds McDonalds McDonalds
4 9%
McDonalds McDonalds McDonalds McDonalds
3 7%
McDonalds McDonalds McDonalds McDonalds McDonalds McDonalds McDonalds McDonalds McDonalds McDonalds
4 9%
McDonalds McDonalds McDonalds McDonalds
2 5%
McDonalds McDonalds McDonalds McDonalds McDonalds McDonalds McDonalds McDonalds McDonalds McDonalds
16 36%
Actually, considering it, really considering it, I'm not that keen on McDonald's...
7 16%
Voters: 44.
Page 1 of 2

McDonald's are hosting the "National Breakfast Day" next Monday (March 18). Every McDonald's restaurant in Hong Kong will be giving out 1000 free Bacon and Egg McMuffins to each McDonald"s customer from 6-11am on a first come first serve basis. It is envisaged that McDonald's will be giving out 230,000 Bacon and Egg McMuffins from their 23 branches, costing the company over $3.4 million HKD. However, this offer excludes some Mcdonald's restaurants such as Kowloon Bay Industrial Centre, The Airport MacDonald's and Ocean Park. Some of the McDonald's restaurants will give out Bacon and Egg McMuffins later then 6am according to their opening hours.

It is envisaged that 5 million Bacon and Egg McMuffins will be giving out in 5,000 McDonald's restaurants from 30 countries including Asia, Middle East and South Africa on National Breakfast Day.

I will be getting my Free Breakfast on 18th. Who's with me?
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

You guys are losers . Come on...free breakfast and you won't even eat it? You can't be serious?!
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

I struggle to comprehend how that could be enjoyed by anyone with vaguely functional taste-buds.
Honestly, I really feel as if people pretend not to like McDonald's because it makes them look cooler. I'm not insinuating anything (in this thread) but I thought I'd mention that out as a general point of interest. Does anyone understand my sentiments or is it just me who actually thinks this?
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Even when I ate meat, I wouldn't have dreamt of eating a McDonalds breakfast. Absolutely vile.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
I really like McDonald's breakfast but that specific item on the menu I do not like. Also, I live in the USA so this doesn't apply to me so I can say whatever it doesn't matter lolz
Quote by Harmonius
You guys are losers . Come on...free breakfast and you won't even eat it? You can't be serious?!

I don't even eat breakfast that I've paid for (meal plan) and I have to walk 15 minutes uphill to get to the nearest McDonald's. The second nearest McDonald's is just a 10 minute bus ride away but it would be peak hour on the way back so I'd spend at least an hour getting this breakfast (maybe more depending on how many people are there) which won't even be that good anyway. I'd rather sleep.

I love the twister fries, curry sauce, McSpcicy, Oreo McFlurry, and pineapple pie. That's it. The only breakfast I would voluntarily eat (ie not in an airport or something) is hotcakes and occasionally a hashbrown or two from someone else's breakfast, but I can never finish it because I only eat this when I'm hungover and McDelivery is more convenient than venturing out of the building. and I end up drinking all the syrup because I don't want to eat anything.
cat
Quote by guitarxo
I don't even eat breakfast that I've paid for (meal plan) and I have to walk 15 minutes uphill to get to the nearest McDonald's. The second nearest McDonald's is just a 10 minute bus ride away but it would be peak hour on the way back so I'd spend at least an hour getting this breakfast (maybe more depending on how many people are there) which won't even be that good anyway. I'd rather sleep.

I love the twister fries, curry sauce, McSpcicy, Oreo McFlurry, and pineapple pie. That's it. The only breakfast I would voluntarily eat (ie not in an airport or something) is hotcakes and occasionally a hashbrown or two from someone else's breakfast, but I can never finish it because I only eat this when I'm hungover and McDelivery is more convenient than venturing out of the building. and I end up drinking all the syrup because I don't want to eat anything.

lol. Don't they deliver in Singapore? We have delivery in HK and if were lucky Joey Yung might be the one delivering!
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Harmonius
lol. Don't they deliver in Singapore? We have delivery in HK and if were lucky Joey Yung might be the one delivering!

Yup I think I mentioned McDelivery somewhere in there. But the fact that you have to pay for delivery cancels out the free meal part right?

Anyway as I said earlier I don't like breakfast at all so I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. Not that I don't like breakfast foods, I Just don't like the meal. What a horrible way to start the day.
cat
Quote by guitarxo
Yup I think I mentioned McDelivery somewhere in there. But the fact that you have to pay for delivery cancels out the free meal part right?

Anyway as I said earlier I don't like breakfast at all so I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. Not that I don't like breakfast foods, I Just don't like the meal. What a horrible way to start the day.

AiYa, didn't read and wrote too quickly - it's we're not, "were" as I wrote in my original post. I still love McDonald's breakfast. Well, more food for me
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Harmonius
Honestly, I really feel as if people pretend not to like McDonald's because it makes them look cooler. I'm not insinuating anything (in this thread) but I thought I'd mention that out as a general point of interest. Does anyone understand my sentiments or is it just me who actually thinks this?

I don't know what you're talking about, McDonalds is downright nasty as in every time I eat it I throw up. I don't pretend to throw up either vomit literally comes out of my mouth. Their pancakes do taste good though (on the way down).

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by Harmonius
AiYa, didn't read and wrote too quickly - it's we're not, "were" as I wrote in my original post. I still love McDonald's breakfast. Well, more food for me

You could go there multiple times and get like 10 breakfasts or something. Or go to 10 different McDonald's, if it's anything like it is over here they're probably all walking distance from each other

also this isn't really relevant to your thread but I share the sentiments expressed here http://thoughtcatalog.com/2013/5-reasons-i-hate-brunch/
cat
i love me some mcdonalds, but the last thing i want to eat for breakfast is something from that grease factory. my breakfast sandwich of choice is a tim hortons sausage breakfast sandwich on a homestyle biscuit.

also, I've never ever heard of mcdonalds delivering. thats pretty sweet
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
Quote by Harmonius

I agree. I generally enjoy MacDonalds.

That said, I still reckon that thing looks horrid.
i love me some mcdonalds, but the last thing i want to eat for breakfast is something from that grease factory. my breakfast sandwich of choice is a tim hortons sausage breakfast sandwich on a homestyle biscuit.
I looooove McDonalds, but never liked the look of that thing. Way too much egg for my liking.
lolnah

I've seen how this works, and I have no desire to partake.

Denny's gives away free food from time to time, and the line is always insane. We're talking about people waiting for an hour or more to get like $5 worth of free food. Not even remotely worth it.
I have no problem with day-time McDonalds, but the breakfast just needs burnt.
sausage egg mcmuffins kick ass. sometimes I try to confuse them by getting the $1 sausage biscuit and adding egg.

edit: you all are insane. breakfast is mickey ds only redeemable quality.
#DTWD
Quote by Weaponized
Egg McMuffins are way shittier than Sausage Egg McMuffins, not worth it.

How is it "not worth it". It's literally worth nothing. It's ****ing free.

Also seeing as how I don't live anywhere near Hong Kong, nor am I such a broke ass that I can't afford one any other day, I won't get one.

Also only 230,00 for Hong Kong? They ****ing crazy?
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Quote by naedauuf

Also seeing as how I don't live anywhere near Hong Kong, nor am I such a broke ass that I can't afford one any other day, I won't get one.

Also only 230,00 for Hong Kong? They ****ing crazy?

as matt said, it's not worth the time. whenever Denny's has the free grand slam the lines too long. wraps around the building and then some. ain't nobody got time for that. just to to shoneys.
#DTWD
Quote by naedauuf

opportunity cost
Quote by primusfan
as matt said, it's not worth the time. whenever Denny's has the free grand slam the lines too long. wraps around the building and then some. ain't nobody got time for that. just to to shoneys.

Exactly. Obviously it's worth it if you don't have to wait, but I'm not standing in line at McDonalds for more than maybe 10-15 minutes.

I also agree that breakfast is the best part of McDonalds. Their steak, egg, and cheese bagel is the best thing on their menu.

If I'm getting fast food burgers and fries, I'd rather go to Burger King.
I feel I'm alone in thinking Wendy's is the best :L
Quote by MetalGS3SE

Quote by naedauuf
I feel I'm alone in thinking Wendy's is the best :L

Their burgers are solid, but I think their fries are pretty weak.
I've been stuffing myself silly with Mc D food through six years of college and I absolutely HATE IT now....apparently it tastes good only when I havent slept in 3 days/have dragged myself through a 5 hour crit session/have been turned down by the guy I've been lusting after for 3 months.

That said,its free food. I'll probably go back for seconds
Quote by daytripper75
Their burgers are solid, but I think their fries are pretty weak.

I think their fries are crisp and nice. Mcdonalds and BK's fries always get soggy almost instantly.
Quote by MetalGS3SE

Quote by naedauuf
I think their fries are crisp and nice. Mcdonalds and BK's fries always get soggy almost instantly.

See, that's the complaint I've always had with Wendy's fries.

Maybe my local Wendy's just sucks.

I've never had soggy fries from Burger King. I didn't even know that it was physically possibly for those fries to become soggy.

I agree with McDonalds fries getting soggy. That seems to happen a lot. I think their fries are overrated, but they get so much praise all of the time.
Their fries taste good, but the consistency ruins the experience. BK fires are good if you get the poutine (may be unavailable in the US/UK, might just be a Canadian thing).

Wendy's are always crispy/solid enough to dip in a Frosty. Delicious!
Quote by MetalGS3SE

What about the Muslims, the Jews and the Rastas?

Damn McD's giving out free food that not everybody wants to eat.
Just cause it's free doesn't mean you should run for it.
Quote by DarkLiquor
I like you. Compassionate and strong. Glad theres people like you.

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
There needs to be a national "Don't eat terrible food from McDonald's" Day. Or year. Or decade.
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
Love McDonalds. Love egg mcmuffins. Run 34 minute 5 mile. U mad Pit hipsters
My God, it's full of stars!
im a 300lbs black guy and this news interests me greatly
egg McMuffins are delicious

You guys are all faggots
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Harmonius
AiYa

I would've laughed at this before, but I've played Sleeping Dogs so long that it's now part of my vocabulary.

I'd like a sausage McMuffin with egg, and a pulpy orange juice to finish it off.
Page 1 of 2