I've broke my little bedroom amp and I've only got a vox 40+ it's to loud for the bedroom I want it turned up full but to suppress the sound ?

Not sure that's very clear. Not sure how to put it ?

Would I need an attenuators or is there other things similar ???

Or would it be easier just to buy another smaller wattage amp ?

if what youre saying is you want the full sound of it turned up with bedroom type volume, then yes either a power attenuator or a smaller watt amp
Why do you want to push the limits of your headroom on a solid state amp?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X