Page 1 of 2
I was asked to play an acoustic show at a cancer benefit. I don't really know any songs that are appropriate for it though. I was told id only need to play a 5 song setlist and i was thinking about doing "A toute le monde" by Megadeth but am unsure. But this would be my first gig so if anyone has some songs they think would be good to play id appreciate it.
Drowning Pool - Bodies
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
All we are is dust in the wind. Dust In the Wind. Idk that's kinda hard is it supposed to be like sad thing or are you just background music, is it supposed to be happy?
I was told its supposed to be happy because they want the person to live. I feel like dust in the wind would be more appropriate for a funeral.
Cancer is funny, you shouod write a parody song about it
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
The dust in wind was me being stupid, are you singing if so what is you range, just give a couple songs you can sing, and is fingerpicking an option or not.
You genuinely thought asking the Pit for advice on what to play at a cancer benefit would get you a real response? Oh child...sweet, sweet innocent child.
Gibson LP Studio
Taylor 518E
Washburn WD15SCE acoustic electric
Carvin DC727 (ordered! The wait is driving me nuts!)
Wish You Were Here ~ Pink Floyd
Behind Blue Eyes ~ The Who
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Last edited by Most_Triumphant at Mar 16, 2013,
Quote by LightxGrenade
You genuinely thought asking the Pit for advice on what to play at a cancer benefit would get you a real response? Oh child...sweet, sweet innocent child.

You know, usually threads like these do get more respect. But apparently this being the Pit is an excuse to shit over someone actually trying to help people with a horrible disease.

Do you also sing, TS, or just play guitar?
Quote by frankv
You know, usually threads like these do get more respect. But apparently this being the Pit is an excuse to shit over someone actually trying to help people with a horrible disease.

Do you also sing, TS, or just play guitar?

Cancer apologist
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Finger picking usually would be an option but I broke the nail on my middle finger and severely chipped the one on my ring finger So im just gonna wait for them to grow back before I play finger picking songs so they sound better. Yes, i do sing too; one of the more recent songs ive covered would be Seasons in the abyss by Slayer but that was my whole band. Ive never really done too many acoustic songs other than classical ones, so this is kind of a first for me.
Last edited by edhunter95 at Mar 16, 2013,
at a cancer benefit? honestly, I'm not sure that you'd want to play super depressing songs at a benefit. I'd just choose some happy ones, honestly.

I totally wrote that just because I couldn't think of anything funny to say
all the lyrical songs in hospice

songs about death probably arent a good idea at a cancer benefit you tool, especially such terrible ones
Definitely Nothing Else Matters. I wouldn't recommend tout le monde, it was banned because it was considered pro suicide (even though it's not).
Last edited by Downfall93 at Mar 16, 2013,
A tout le monde is a ****ing terrible terrible song. I can't even express how shit that song is with words. Do not play that song ever. In fact just don't listen to Megadeth.

I would play:
fast car - tracy chapman
Swing life away - Rise Against
all along the watchtower - dave matthews band version
purple rain - prince (some homeless guy has a great cover on youtube)
we found love - rihanna (this can be arranged brilliantly on acoustic, got me laid once)
PARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTY
Quote by edhunter95
Finger picking usually would be an option but I broke the nail on my middle finger and severely chipped the one on my ring finger So im just gonna wait for them to grow back before I play finger picking songs so they sound better. Yes, i do sing too; one of the more recent songs ive covered would be Seasons in the abyss by Slayer but that was my whole band. Ive never really done too many acoustic songs other than classical ones, so this is kind of a first for me.

You could try this. A song about overcoming the negative with the positive. With a capo up high/high voicings it should sound cool on guitar. Fairly sure it was used for a cancer thing too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32Js2Ef5Ojg
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Don't Stop Believin' and stuff like that. You can find a way to make any song acoustic.

I'm trying to think of more... One Love by Bob Marley maybe, just look for fairly well-known, upbeat, we're-all-gonna-come-together-and-get-through-this kinda stuff. Shouldn't be hard to come up with 5 good ones.

EDIT: One by U2 was a horrible idea after reading the lyrics lol
Last edited by designerpajamas at Mar 16, 2013,
Quote by designerpajamas
You can find a way to make any song acoustic.

nah
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Do an acoustic cover of Guernica by Brand New.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
If you've got the chops, Heart Of Life or Stop This Train by John Mayer. Some unique picking patterns, but a bit of practice and you'll have them down, and they are perfect for the occasion.
LOVE ANTHONY GREEN?
Quote by sneyob
I am slightly disappointed =w=eeze took me out of his sig.

But that's okay.

^Consolation Sig
Quote by =w=eeze
If you've got the chops, Heart Of Life or Stop This Train by John Mayer. Some unique picking patterns, but a bit of practice and you'll have them down, and they are perfect for the occasion.

Heart of Life would be a great pick. Stop This Train is harder to play, and it's more depressing. Heart of Life is pretty easy, I learned it when I wasn't that good, and totally appropriate.
Carry On My Wayward Son-Kansas
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
Long Live The Queen by Frank Turner, he wrote it for his friend who died of cancer and it's about her final days, it might not be the happiest of songs but it's upbeat enough to not draw attention to that fact

Edit - Dammit was beaten to the punch by a few posts
* If my punctuation seems off, it's because my shift button is broken *
Last edited by kbabz22 at Mar 16, 2013,
An acoustic version of Host Disorder by Every Time I Die...

It seems mildly relevant.

Srsly tho, is it gonna be like a party kind of atmosphere?

EDIT - if it is to be related, Gasoline by Silent Comedy would actually be a good option. If the songs can get anything non-related, then idk, freebird or something.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Last edited by Skynyrd890 at Mar 16, 2013,
Mama I am coming Home by the Ozzman.
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
Quote by edhunter95
i was thinking about doing "A toute le monde" by Megadeth

Bit depressing, dontcha think?
Besides, it's such cliché choice for a metalhead who has to play an acoustic.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Page 1 of 2