Pfft, everyone knows tone comes from da mids
83 63%
I put gain to 11 and mids to zero
10 8%
I don't even play guitar anymore.
25 19%
Voters: 132.
Page 1 of 2
No, I usually just eat the chips without the dip.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Are you kidding? I scoop them so much that my balls hurt.

I still have no idea what scooping mids means
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Are we still talking about icecream?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
If I want to have a scooped sound I scoop the mids, if I don't I don't. Usually I play acoustic folk instruments or synth and so I don't use any equalizers anyway.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Not at all. Maybe it sounds good on something like a Mesa Rec, but on all the amps I've had ('78 Marshall JMP 2203, '87 JCM800 2205, now a 1990 Carvin XV112 combo) it just makes everything sound thin and lifeless. It just doesn't work for me, but I don't play a ton of t3h br00talz these days.
When I was 12 and played a line 6 spider II, yeah I did that a lot
Without a good harmonic knowledge, one cannot expect to become a great jazz soloist ~ Horace Silver

Quote by dietermoreno
Is it possible for 6 string guitar to tune lower than drop C and scales still work?
S'all About Dem Mids
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
In my honest opinion and experience I like to scoop mids, at least a little by half way, it packs a punch to your tone, depending on what your looking for.
I haven't said I was 15 because a friend of mine said it sounded like shit.

A few weeks later he started boosting his mids and treble up to 10 and his bass down to about 3 because 'dimebag, man'.
Scooping mids is about the most ******ed thing you can do.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
No, it sounds like shit when you do and besides the lack of bass is the one other flaw on the ...And Justice For All album. And somehow that album made that sound popular, uhg
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
not unless im doing a really background kinda sound i have an eq pedal meant to boost volume and cut the mids abit but they never all the way out just to get the sound out of peoples faces
I scoop around the sides, I like the way the heat from my hand melts the ice cream into just the right consistency.
Quote by whywefight
This man speaks truth and has a beastly username.

Quote by Saint78
you are a beautiful person.
My mids are usually around 9 to 10 (out of a scale of 10).
Quote by WCPhils
According to that chart, women like men with a Pringle canister down there.
Michael Kelly Patriot Glory
Ibanez RG8
Blackstar HT 20 w/ Jet City cab
whole bunch o' pedals
Quote by anvil is god
I crank the mids. Gotta get that djent tone.

This brutha knows
Sail upon the open skies
I don't play much bass anymore these days but my tone is opposite of scooped mids.
pinga
I boost the treble and bass a bit so it has a similar eq curve with all the benifits but none o of the suck. Bass 6, mids like 5.2 and treble 7. But I can scoop to zero mids and because the turbo rat adds so much mids.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
My mids on my amp have been full for a long time, never touch it.
I always have the amp set Bass-3 Mids 10 Treble 4.
Although with my EMG DG-20 pickups there's two tone controls that I will play with. One controls bass/treble the other mids.
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Last edited by pawnluv at Mar 16, 2013,
Only when it's necessary, which is like, half the time.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
I tried scooping the mids once and I couldn't cut through a paper bag with a chainsaw. They don't drop below 8.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
It depends on way too many variables, such as what amp, what guitar, what tone etc

Usually I like a pretty middy tone, scoop it a little if I'm going for a metal rhythm, and scoop my cleans occasionally if I'm using bridge/middle pickups on my strat.

Also scoop them if I'm trying to get the sound a little less in your face and more of a background thing.

muledit:
Occasionally I run my amp with bass/mid/treb all on full which does result in a bit of a scooped tone due to how the eq section works [marshall type eq]

With a lot of amps the position of the mids depends quite a lot on the position of the bass and treble.
RIP Gooze

cats
Last edited by mulefish at Mar 16, 2013,
I usually keep my mids around "mid", but it really depends on the pickups and the guitar I'm using. I don't think I've ever went lower than 3, or higher than 7.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
I do scoop my mids out because i hate my guitars sounding boxy and honkey, which is something everyone in UG seems to love as they are obsessed with post-rock. But before anyone cuts my head off, my guitar and my amp are very midrangey in their nature. There is still lots of midrange to cut through in a mix.

The reason i scoop out is to move the upper midrange spike of my amp into the lower midrange, because that's the sound i like.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 16, 2013,
I used to, now I boost them.
Quote by MDoggDX316
To quote Granddad, "I think ALL marriage should be illegal."

[quote="'-[NiL"]-'] I asked him what tuning he put it in and he replied, "seventh."

Seventh.
Page 1 of 2