Page 1 of 3
What's the Pit's opinion on home school? Is it a way to help children who feel that normal school is too boring for them, or is it really just a way to brainwash your children into Christianity and hide them from the "evils" of the real world?

Does home school make kids smarter than they would at regular school since they can progress faster without other children holding them back?
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
i think i was homeschooled for a while or for sommer or something and i turend out pretty bright.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Home schooled kids are losers.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
homeschooled kids should have been aborted

coincidentally, they are the ones with parents who would refuse to do such a thing
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
i think i was homeschooled for a while or for sommer or something and i turend out pretty bright.

I'd be home schooled too if I was stuck inside of a VRMMORPG for over a year like you were.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
i you bby.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
The girl I'm interested in was homeschooled til highschool I believe. She's very rational and way ahead academically. It can be really good or really bad, it's normally one or the other from what I've seen.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
It has it's ups and downs in my opinion. The home schooled ones who I went to high school with who were home schooled up to that point were fairly bright, but had no people skills. Their communication skills with others their age was just awkward. It can depend on the person too. Idk.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by RocksAwakening5
It has it's ups and downs in my opinion. The home schooled ones who I went to high school with who were home schooled up to that point were fairly bright, but had no people skills. Their communication skills with others their age was just awkward. It can depend on the person too. Idk.

Yeah, that's one of the problems I see with home school kids, they don't associate with people their own age, they're just used to their parents, and random church ppl
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Maybe homeschooling has different connotations in america, but I was homeschooled for half a year, because I went to a really shitty school and there's a loophole that means if you're homeschooled you can get assigned to a better one. My parents are staunch atheists lol.

I am sort of asocial, I guess. It's not particularly a lack of skill in navigating social situations, it's more indifference to social interaction.
The one person I knew who was home schooled was an ignorant twat...
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
Quote by TooktheAtrain
Maybe homeschooling has different connotations in america, but I was homeschooled for half a year, because I went to a really shitty school and there's a loophole that means if you're homeschooled you can get assigned to a better one. My parents are staunch atheists lol.

I am sort of asocial, I guess. It's not particularly a lack of skill in navigating social situations, it's more indifference to social interaction.

Man my loser detector is off the charts
Generally, it does a poor job of developing social skills. I can see the value of its application, however.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by bradulator

Staunch Atheist was the first sign.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
One of my best friends was homeschooled. He used to be kind of ignorant and clingy with his family. Now, when I say ignorant, I don't mean dumb. His entire family is very intelligent. But he underestimated the potential of people in the world to be total douchebags, and often didn't know how to handle it.

He's grown out of that since he moved away from his parent's and is living on his own with his woman. I'm proud.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by bradulator

I dunno, it was shit objectively. The teachers were cynical to an extreme and they refered to me by racial slurs second school ruled tho.
Who taught you, Atrain?
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by Hydra150
Who taught you, Atrain?

I went to pittville, a notoriously awful school in terms of academic achievement and socioeconomic level. A fair few of the teachers were kinda nationalistic, and this french supply teacher (as in, french nationality, he taught maths) referred to me by the pet name "chink".

I got beat on and burned by cigarettes by this racist group of kids, old school NF, BNP style lads.

Second school was pretty good tho.
Last edited by TooktheAtrain at Mar 17, 2013,
Some kids learn differently, by which I mean they need more 1 on 1 attention when taught. Home schooling ca be good for those kids.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Image is about having hot licks & rock star swag, not fancy amps.

Quote by garden of grey
That's what the Illuminati wants you to think, man
Lol, Pittville. Sucks that you had to deal with that though.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
I expect this thread to go just like previous threads on the subject.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Atrain, your new nickname is Duke.
I hope you enjoy it.
Seems like it's mostly crazy people who do it.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I was homeschooled so my parents could brainwash me. My parents aren't good at all with academics (surprise) so I pretty much was teaching myself once I hit 7th grade. I'm a really fast learner now, and maybe having to teach myself may have had something to do with it, but seriously, **** homeschooling.
I was put in special classes throughout elementary school and never really spent any time with other kids because there were only 2 in my special class and they were older than me. I wish I had been homeschooled at least during that period because it's not like I had any social skills when I went to middle school anyway and it would've saved a lot of time. Unfortunately my family didn't have enough money at the time to consider it as an option.

Wait I just realized that doesn't make sense because they were paying extra for my special classes. I'll have to ask them about this.
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Mar 17, 2013,
Quote by TooktheAtrain
I went to pittville, a notoriously awful school in terms of academic achievement and socioeconomic level. A fair few of the teachers were kinda nationalistic, and this french supply teacher (as in, french nationality, he taught maths) referred to me by the pet name "chink".

Is this like meta-commentary?
Quote by guitarxo
I was put in special classes throughout elementary school and never really spent any time with other kids because there were only 2 in my special class and they were older than me. I wish I had been homeschooled at least during that period because it's not like I had any social skills when I went to middle school anyway and it would've saved a lot of time. Unfortunately my family didn't have enough money at the time to consider it as an option.

Wait I just realized that doesn't make sense because they were paying extra for my special classes. I'll have to ask them about this.

lol "special classes".

Eat too much of the glue?
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by TooktheAtrain

Does every school have "record breaking" exam results and extremely positive evaluations? My school's also a piece of shit overall (not as much as yours seemed to have been) but brags about that shit all the time too. Seems very fishy.
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
Does every school have "record breaking" exam results and extremely positive evaluations? My school's also a piece of shit overall (not as much as yours seemed to have been) but brags about that shit all the time too. Seems very fishy.

Well they have ways of massaging the numbers. For example, they borderline tell you the answers to the tests, focus exclusively on testing, try to get as many kids "special needs" status so they have more time, and even finding reasons to exclude/expel/ban low achievers from taking the tests to begin with.

There is the chance that it has genuinely gotten a lot better since I left (2007), but I'm not sure.
Quote by Dreadnought
lol "special classes".

Eat too much of the glue?

probably would've been easier if I did. I was damn smart haha idk where all that went
cat
The more I read and think about our model of education in the US, the more screwy it seems. Academic success can be inhibited by the age based levels and doesn't always mesh with actual ability. But socializing with your peers is important part of school. Then I got to asking why schools have a dual purpose of throwing kids in social situation and giving them an education. Is there a way to separate the two effectively? If so, how the hell do we get to transitioning to that system?
Ugh...
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
^seperate schools/classes for the dumb kids and the smart kids, and maybe even the average kids
would need to fund more teachers and buildings/equipment though
It needs to be more heavily regulated so ignorant hillbillies can't teach their children to hide them from the things that make Jesus cry, and there definitely needs to be mandates on having homeschooled kids interact with other children, because just about all of the ones I know have some of the worst social skills.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
I knew a bunch of homeschool kids my first year of college. They all dropped out.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Quote by Reisgar42
I knew a bunch of homeschool kids my first year of college. They all dropped out.

There was one guy like that in my dorm last year. Kind of fit the "lacking social skills" mold of a home schooled kid. But what was worse is that his roommate was insane. Not in a creepy way, it was a "kinda off" sort of way. He was an amazing swimmer but didn't go to practice and had sleeping problems and didn't give a shit about classes. Definitely not the person you want to room with a home schooled kid.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Page 1 of 3