Poll: Do you like or dislike concerts like Warped Tour?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you like or dislike concerts like Warped Tour?
I like it.
9 11%
I dislike it.
23 28%
I don't dislike Warped Tour, I just ****ing hate scene kids.
24 30%
TS is a knob.
25 31%
Voters: 81.
Page 1 of 2
So like, I made a Warped Tour thread a while ago, and most people said they didn't like it. No one really stated why they disliked it, and it got me wondering. So uhhhh yeah. Its a thread about it. And yeah.

I'm not really into the type of music they play at Warped Tour, but I love the atmosphere and whatnot.
this house is bitchin
Last edited by CaptainCanti at Mar 17, 2013,
Warped Tour caters to 16 year old girls and boys that haven't picked up on that fact yet.
Even when you're a fan of the bands playing, after paying out the ass for tickets you still have to deal with overpriced refreshments to the point that lots of kids end up having to decide between getting merch from their favorite band or not suffering from dehydration or heat stroke.
I like that all those shit bands are in one place, drastically reducing my chances of running into someone with hip glasses and quaffed hair.
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Quote by bloodshed344
Its because they sound like shit, not who they're popular with. The pit is filled with scene kids

"Bands popular with scene kids" is usually synonymous with "shitty-sounding bands."

As for the Pit being filled with scene kids, this is news to me. >___>
Quote by bloodshed344
Its because they sound like shit, not who they're popular with. The pit is filled with scene kids

Guilty

OT:- Warped tour isn't bad, it's just the crowd it attracts which is what people dislike I believe
Just not into the majority of that music. They sometimes book cool ska or rap though.

Outdoor festivals are the shit though. The camping and parties alone are enough to go to sometimes if you are just meh about the bands.
Scene kids are fine but scene kid music is shitty 95% of the time. Unfortunately, Warped Tour turned into the tour for that type of stuff. They still have some cool ska bands tho which is weird
Hanging out behind the club on the weekend
Acting stupid, getting dunk with my best friends
I couldn't wait for the summer and the Warped Tour
I remember it's the first time that I saw her there

That is my contibution.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by Highelf04
Guilty

OT:- Warped tour isn't bad, it's just the crowd it attracts which is what people dislike I believe

Have you thought about why it attracts that crowd?
Quote by captainsnazz
I hate everything about festivals in general

How the hell could you hate them?

Yeah, you stink after you've been to a festival, suck it up. They're too much fun for me to give a **** about that.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 17, 2013,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
How the hell could you hate them?

Yeah, you stink after you've been to a festival, suck it up. They're too much fun for me to give a **** about that.

Things I hate about festivals:
  • Camping
  • The toilets
  • Having to pay for water
  • Smelling really bad
  • Camping
  • Being miles away from the stage, rendering the whole act of concert going relatively pointless
  • Camping
  • Drunk and drugged up people everywhere constantly
  • Music fans
  • Camping
  • Mud
  • Getting there

Basically it's just hassle to see a few bands that you could much more comfortably (and cheaply) see on tour.
Too hot. Outside, middle of the day, summer? No thank you.

Also there's the overpricedness and how I don't like any of the bands.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I like festivals because its more value for money and the festival atmosphere is just so much fun. It can be an ordeal if the weather isn't perfect but that's what makes it memorable.

I wouldn't go to Warped Tour though cuz I'm not a huge fan of the bands
cat
Quote by captainsnazz

I had to do that all the time when i was a kid. Big deal. I like the outdoors.

Fair point, but its a small price to pay for the overall experience.

I pack my own water. I also bring plenty of cash. It's called preparation.

Small price to pay.

So? It gives you the opportunity to banter with your friends. I'm quite physically fit, so i don't have a problem with walking long distances. And to ensure that you're not late for a gig, you give yourself plenty of time to get there.

Getting to the venue itself is easy if you take a coach, although it does depend on how far away it is. And you know what i do on the bus when i'm bored? I befriend the people on the bus. When i went to Sonisphere in '11, i did this with a group of people i met, and we shared the entire weekend with one another.

So what? They're having fun. Where i live, drink and drugs are just part of the background. If you feel out of place, why not have a few drinks yourself? The festivals i go to have always been friendly and non-violent. If you ask someone to give a hand putting up your tent, they will usually help you.

I call them people i can potentially befriend. I've made a few friends during festivals in my time, and i keep in touch with them to this day.

To me, the preparation is totally worth it. Yes, you're exhausted and you stink at the end of it, But who cares? You've had so much fun after seeing so many bands that you've always wanted to see all at once.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 17, 2013,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
To me, the preparation is totally worth it. Yes, you're exhausted and you stink at the end of it, But who cares? You've had so much fun after seeing so many bands that you've always wanted to see all at once.

Well I went to download in 09 and it was possibly the worst weekend of my entire life. Ghastly. Just not my sort of thing.
Quote by captainsnazz
Well I went to download in 09 and it was possibly the worst weekend of my entire life. Ghastly. Just not my sort of thing.

That's too bad. Sonisphere '11 was by far the best weekend of my life.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I couldn't wait for the summer at the Warped Tour. I remember it's the first time that I saw her there.
Most of the bands suck in my opinion, but if someone else wants to go, that's up to them. Also, i would stick out like a sore thumb because i am not a scene kid at all, and from my experience, scene kids can be quite clique-ey, so i wouldn't have a good time.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
I'd love to go to Warped Tour, it's just expensive.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by WCPhils
I saw Dillinger and Every Time I Die

Worth it

every time i die play in tiny venues where you can meet them and maybe have sex with them if you're lucky.

not that it would be worth it anymore since their new stuff blows (i think we've had this conversation before)
i don't know why i feel so dry
warped tour got like no good bands man

you've made a fool of yourself by posting this thread, now everyone knows your taste is shit
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Eastwinn
every time i die play in tiny venues where you can meet them and maybe have sex with them if you're lucky.

not that it would be worth it anymore since their new stuff blows (i think we've had this conversation before)

I know, I've also seen them in a small venue before. Both were fun in different ways.

I really don't notice a difference between the new and old stuff. I like it all
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by captainsnazz
Things I hate about festivals:
  • Camping
  • The toilets
  • Having to pay for water
  • Smelling really bad
  • Camping
  • Being miles away from the stage, rendering the whole act of concert going relatively pointless
  • Camping
  • Drunk and drugged up people everywhere constantly
  • Music fans
  • Camping
  • Mud
  • Getting there

Basically it's just hassle to see a few bands that you could much more comfortably (and cheaply) see on tour.

Most festivals check you for drugs before you're allowed in. If I remember correctly, Warped won't even let you bring a paper bag lunch in, just as a precaution.
this house is bitchin
Quote by element4433

A lot of festivals only charge $20 for the first couple of months. Not really overpriced.
this house is bitchin
Quote by captainsnazz

Try DL 2012

That sucked a fat hairy one.
Last edited by SkepsisMetal at Mar 17, 2013,
I don't understand how there is so much hate for warped tour here. I went last summer and it really wasn't that bad. And where is this too expensive thing coming from? I paid $35 for my ticket to an all day festival and the water bottles were $2-3 (which is a little expensive, but not horrible). Yes, beer and food is expensive, but that's expected at any type of venue.

The only thing I don't necessarily like is that they book so many bands that the sets can be really short, only 30 minutes for smaller bands. And it sucks when you want to see two bands that are playing at the same time on different stages.
[]
I went 3 years in a row back in high school and it was worth it in my opinion. I went with my best friend every year, and we made memories taking a road trip out to see some of our favrourite bands.

I got to see Pennywise and Bad Religion multiple times (two bands that I grew up on, but never got to see until then).

Big name Ska bands never really come near my home town, so seeing Streetlight Manifesto, Big D, Less Than Jake, and Reel Big Fish at Warped made it worth it.

Was able to watch Protest the Hero with like 20 other people while the rest of the crowds went to watch Katy Perry.

Found P.O.S. at Warped Tour, he got me into Hip-Hop.

Large list of acts I got to see, when I most likely would never be able to get to because I live 14 hours away from the nearest legit city:

Bayside
Four Year Strong
The Human Abstract
Killswitch Engage
Norma Jean
Rise Against
A Skylit Drive
TAT
Story of the Year
Coheed
As I Lay Dying
Gogol Bordello

Nowadays however...the list of bands you can see aren't really of the same caliber IMO.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Last edited by _KurtCobain_77 at Mar 17, 2013,
Quote by me+yourmom=69
the bands are 4 fagz

Best username and post, congrats.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Quote by element4433

This.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
Page 1 of 2