$200 is a great price. I am a believer that you can't find much better quality in a used guitar than Mexican Strats. For some reason when they hit the used market they drop below $250. I understand there are copies out there better, but not for $200.

I'd pull the trigger.
Keep in mind it's not actually a Fender MIM Stratocaster.

He seems to have built it from parts. Not saying that's a bad thing, but it definitely brings down the value from what it would be, and it's something to watch out for.
Dude, that showmaster if the guitar you want. Those things are crazy nice.

The strat is a good deal, even built from parts. Thats assuming it plays well. Like someone said, it won't have great resale value.

Still though, when you go to check it out, play that showmaster, you might just change your mind about which guitar you pick up.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Last edited by Kevin Saale at Mar 17, 2013,
For the price it's a pretty good deal. Personally I prefer the American made models, but that's just me.
Paul Reed Smith CE-24 2005 and Santana SE with Seymour Duncan pickups.
Line 6 Amplifiers
Boss Effects and Steve Vai's Wah Pedal
Dunlop Picks and Elixir Strings .48

WEBSITE
https://www.guitarchalk.com
Quote by Kevin Saale
Dude, that showmaster if the guitar you want. Those things are crazy nice.

The strat is a good deal, even built from parts. Thats assuming it plays well. Like someone said, it won't have great resale value.

Still though, when you go to check it out, play that showmaster, you might just change your mind about which guitar you pick up.

that is what i was going to recommend. i have a celtic model. they are great guitars, but i wouldn't pay over $300 for one.

if its a partscaster and he mentions fret wear, it could be bad. i don't know of what his are spec'd out to be, its just that i would never buy a guitar needing fretwork. unless you do it your self
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
that is what i was going to recommend. i have a celtic model. they are great guitars, but i wouldn't pay over $300 for one.

if its a partscaster and he mentions fret wear, it could be bad. i don't know of what his are spec'd out to be, its just that i would never buy a guitar needing fretwork. unless you do it your self

agreed, fretwork = 350+

though i understand if you dont like the showmaster. one of the big things i like about strats is the plastic control panel, makes for easy modding
Quote by randywolf244
agreed, fretwork = 350+

though i understand if you dont like the showmaster. one of the big things i like about strats is the plastic control panel, makes for easy modding

i think i left the wrong impression. i love my showmaster, but paid $200 NEW when they were clearanced off in 2004, however mine was only a single H and wasn't a trem. the others went then for maybe $250, but at the time i just really liked the one i have.

it is a great guitar. if i were him i would try to knock the price down.

if i had a guitar that was worth under a grand and it needed fretwork, i would retire it and put it in the closet. i can spend that money and get something new (with added $$$)
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/