Hi guys,

I'm heading off to uni in September and am looking to buy a good electro acoustic guitar to take with me. I'm going to have about £250 to spend on it (about $380) and am just looking for the best one around for that price. I'd like it to have a cutaway so I can access to bottom frets but apart from that I'm not to bothered, as long as the sound is good. Don't know if this will help but at the moment I play a Yamaha FG720S.

Thanks in advance
I got myself an Ibanez V74ECE last year for about £200, very decent sounding electro-acoustic. I'd recommend it, as it was the best sounding acoustic I tried out in the guitar shop I went to and played maybe 6 other acoustics.
do you like your yamaha? if so, you might want to try the yamaha FX370C. all laminate, but my husband, a rep at a local guitar store and i did blind testing and found the all lam yamaha acoustic electrics to be the best sounding of the guitars in its price range.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
I'd Say an Ibanez AEG15E, i spent around £220 on it and it is beautiful, and nicely sized!
Thanks for the replies guys

Quote by patticake
do you like your yamaha? if so, you might want to try the yamaha FX370C. all laminate, but my husband, a rep at a local guitar store and i did blind testing and found the all lam yamaha acoustic electrics to be the best sounding of the guitars in its price range.

I do like my Yamaha at the moment, nice sound to it and a good low action. Do you think if I could push my budget to the apx500II it would be worth it over the FX370C?

Thanks again
Two people so far say Ibanez... interesting.

Quote by Richeh
I'd Say an Ibanez AEG15E, i spent around £220 on it and it is beautiful, and nicely sized!

I have the AE10E (it's in my profile). It's the fattest of the Ibanez acoustics. It sounds beautiful.

3 people so far vote Ibanez.
not many fans of Yamaha's abhorrent APX series guitars. from what i understand, they tend to sound a bit cardboard-ish. i'd stick with another 720s or the 370.
are you studying music or will this one be a dorm strummer?
Quote by stepchildusmc
not many fans of Yamaha's abhorrent APX series guitars. from what i understand, they tend to sound a bit cardboard-ish. i'd stick with another 720s or the 370.
are you studying music or will this one be a dorm strummer?

Ok, thanks. Its going to be a dorm strummer.
ever think about an Ovation? i mean if your gonna spill beer all over it( guinness and sitka spruce work well as a natural air freshener!!) have naked drunken women posing with it and seeing how many you can drunkenly fit in a dorm shower while playing wonderwall simultaneously, something a bit more bullet-proof may come in handy.
a shallow bowl one will sound crappy unplugged but, a mid or deep bowl will sound much better. their sound is different than what your probably used to but hey, not everyone drinks jaegermeister right?
you
ll give up a bit of sound for durability but sacrifices sacrifices sacrifices....