Hi all,

The last few weeks Ive been making a new cab for my 5150 iii 100w head. Rather than posting it all twice, heres a link to my build thread. Tell me what you think of it, haven't plugged it in yet as Im waiting on a transformer for the head still. CANT WAIT!!!

My Custom 4x12 Cab

Cheers

Steve
Very beautiful work! Nicest looking cab I've seen. Curious what you're doing with the amp, why the new transformer?
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Slash Goldtop Les Paul
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
WOW! Nice.
What methods/tools did you use cut your finger joints? I always struggled to do them neat enough. Looks like you "nailed" yours.
Also how big of a rebate did you make for the front baffle and how did you accomplish that?
Last edited by chiliwillifreak at Mar 17, 2013,
Quote by Soccerguy
FYI, I don't think you're supposed to link to other forums. But nice cab indeed!

Sorry about that..

Like I said though it was a lot to post n would have taken ages to re write it all.
Quote by dkunick
Very beautiful work! Nicest looking cab I've seen. Curious what you're doing with the amp, why the new transformer?

Cheers! I bought the amp from the States and I live in Australia so need the transformer so I can run it at 240v instead of 120v. Can't wait to get it going!!!
That looks great! I think you're going to have to re finish that amp now haha
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Quote by chiliwillifreak
WOW! Nice.
What methods/tools did you use cut your finger joints? I always struggled to do them neat enough. Looks like you "nailed" yours.
Also how big of a rebate did you make for the front baffle and how did you accomplish that?

Cheers! Yeah it came up awesome! Cant wait to hear it!

For the finger joints I used a jigsaw to cut them close then cleaned them up with the 1/2" router and a straight edge. Would be nice to have a slide router table though...

The rebate was 10mm deep, and same thing, 1/2" router and a straight edge. Was going to make a jig but it only took 2 passes with a 20mm straight bit. Sorry 2 straight edges clamped.
Quote by Suitable
Cheers! I bought the amp from the States and I live in Australia so need the transformer so I can run it at 240v instead of 120v. Can't wait to get it going!!!

Ok, so your plugging into a converter and not replacing the amp's transformer? I probably misunderstood.
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
Quote by RCA1186
That looks great! I think you're going to have to re finish that amp now haha

Cheers! Yeah I'm going to try it on my valvestate head first though. Just in case...
Quote by dkunick
Ok, so your plugging into a converter and not replacing the amp's transformer? I probably misunderstood.

It'll be both. I've ordered the proper transformer through the fender tech here but he said at least mid April till it turns up, so Ive ordered a 1000w stepdown transformer for the mean time. Still waiting on that to arrive.
Quote by Suitable
It'll be both. I've ordered the proper transformer through the fender tech here but he said at least mid April till it turns up, so Ive ordered a 1000w stepdown transformer for the mean time. Still waiting on that to arrive.

Copy all, good luck. It's a great amp!
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro