Pros/cons using a metronome for your drummer live? and how to do it?! for delay pedal purposes
Last edited by hahaha15 at Mar 18, 2013,
There are no pros unless you're using pre-recorded samples that you all need to play along with.

Otherwise, if your drummer can't keep time, he's not a drummer.
Idk, I think an actual drummer would be better than using a metronome. I mean, if you're just going to use a metronome you might as well just feel the rhythm instead. At least it won't have that godawful clicking noise constantly.

Unless of course you play some crazy prog shit, then I'd suggest it so you don't suck
If he can't keep a straight 4/4 with no changes what so ever then can him. If you are playing some 7/8 to 4/4 to 13/16 to 9/8 shit then use a metronome.

The only problem is that if the computer controlling the click track gets f'd up and the drummer cant play from memory then you are screwed.
A drummer that can't keep time is like a singer that can't stay on-pitch.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by hahaha15
What about for tap delay pedal purposes?

Just tap it again when he gets off time.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
dude, this is so easy if you have a tap delay

like, why did you even make this thread if you have a tap delay
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Everyone in this thread is a moron. Every professional band plays with a metronome, and you can only benefit from using one.
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
My band recorded a whole album without using a metronome, and we never use one at gigs.
Quote by Wiegenlied
Everyone in this thread is a moron. Every professional band plays with a metronome, and you can only benefit from using one.

Professional bands can afford in ear monitors which allows everyone to hear the metronome. My band tried playing with a metronome but only the drummer could hear it. It didn't work very well. Most small bands would be better off without a metronome anyway. If the drummer or percussionist isn't able to keep time then the band needs a new one.
It's needed if you are playing along to a backing track with synths/rises/backing vocals etc. But if you arn't it just ruins the performance for me. Any drummers SHOULD be able to play relatively consistently throughout a track.

A drummer playing a full gig to a click is like playing thrash metal on a nylon acoustic, sat down at half the BPM at a Justin Bieber concert.
Quote by AndyGray

A drummer playing a full gig to a click is like playing thrash metal on a nylon acoustic, sat down at half the BPM at a Justin Bieber concert.

That makes no sense. At all.
Quote by jebbe9696
Quote by AndyGray

That makes no sense. At all.

Essentially, the crux of the point that he was making was that he wasn't too keen on bands using a click all the way through a concert.