loop-de-luke
Kickin' it....
3,309 IQ
Just wondering how I could use a Y-splitter and A/B selector pedal to split two guitar effects pedals.

What I mean by this is I wish to split my guitar signal to go through an octave pedal and a distortion pedal simultaneously, and combine the signal back to one at the end of the chain, so that I get a distorted guitar signal with bassy octave overtones (that aren't affected by the distortion).

What I had in mind was:

Guitar -> Tuner pedal -> Digitech Whammy....

1) Digitech Whammy wet/effect output -> Distortion -> Input 1 of signal splitter

2) Digitech Whammy dry output -> Octave pedal (1 octave down) -> Input 2 of signal splitter

Output of signal splitter to delay and then to amp.

I hope this makes sense... I can post an image if that helps with any confusion.

What I want to know is will this work or will the signal become weak and shitty by splitting it and combining it?
Kevin Saale
Talks to empty chairs
1,339 IQ
I don't think you'll get the effect you're looking for with just one amp. Ideally you'd have two amps, each getting the different signals, to accomplish this effect.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
tas38
UG's Michael Westen
1,189 IQ
Quote by Kevin Saale
I don't think you'll get the effect you're looking for with just one amp. Ideally you'd have two amps, each getting the different signals, to accomplish this effect.

I'm inclined to agree with this. I could be completely wrong though.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
I K0nijn I
1,039 IQ
Not sure about this, but isn't that what happens when you put the whammy in the FX loop?
Gibson SG
Fender CS Telecaster
Kemper Profiler
jthm_guitarist
"funny" but "unmemorable"
1,474 IQ
Yeah that would work.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
SimplyBen
Call me Ben :)
4,852 IQ
I used to do something similar with a phaser after my delay. It will work to an extent but you will want a mixer so you can dial in exactly the mix you want.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey