Writing as I listen:

Jayer sounds very All That Remains. But old All That Remains. I really liked All That Remain's old sound. I'm at 0:35 at the moment and I'm still feeling that authentic death-metal vibe that ATR sadly lost after the first album . I'm also hearing the At The Gates you just captured a nice and dirty Death Metal vibe. The part at 1:10 pushes reminds me a bit of God Dethroned. Don't know if you know them they also have this nice death-vibe while still having some nice yet eerie melody. The whole thing is just a rather complete and well-polished thing. Composition wise I'm only speaking at the moment by the way / music-wise I can't comment on the mix since i'm using headphones I haven't used in 1000 years so I can't hear shit :P. The lead at 2:28 is nice the chorus kind of a-bit-odd lead. The solo is cool but some notes are a bit "off" to be more precise the note at 3:04 and 3:13 I did not enjoy. It sounded like a bend that ended somewhere wrong. At 3:26 the lead playing also gives me a bit of the ATR solo feel. (Old ATR, sorry I don't enjoy their new stuff very much). And we're back to some nice head-moving riffs at 3:58. Things like the small detail at 3:58 where you do the slide is really something that shows how well put-together this thing is. The vocals are very nice too. They really fit the mood well and are rather diverse and mixed in quite well volume wise. The guitar tones also work towards the death-metal vibe but sound a bit fizzy but that might just be my speakers not sure. Drum is fine, I didn't really notice them which is good for VST drums. The snare is pretty good, as in it fits the thing again giving of the right vibes.

Very well done, you really captured a vibe well that bands haven't been able to catch for a while but still gave it your own spin, not some mindless rip-off or carbon-copy.
Guitasr:
Cort KX-Custom
ESP LTD M-200FM
Amp:
Engl Powerball
Misc:
Focusrite Scarlet 2i4
Quote by pinguinpanic
Writing as I listen:

Jayer sounds very All That Remains. But old All That Remains. I really liked All That Remain's old sound. I'm at 0:35 at the moment and I'm still feeling that authentic death-metal vibe that ATR sadly lost after the first album . I'm also hearing the At The Gates you just captured a nice and dirty Death Metal vibe. The part at 1:10 pushes reminds me a bit of God Dethroned. Don't know if you know them they also have this nice death-vibe while still having some nice yet eerie melody. The whole thing is just a rather complete and well-polished thing. Composition wise I'm only speaking at the moment by the way / music-wise I can't comment on the mix since i'm using headphones I haven't used in 1000 years so I can't hear shit :P. The lead at 2:28 is nice the chorus kind of a-bit-odd lead. The solo is cool but some notes are a bit "off" to be more precise the note at 3:04 and 3:13 I did not enjoy. It sounded like a bend that ended somewhere wrong. At 3:26 the lead playing also gives me a bit of the ATR solo feel. (Old ATR, sorry I don't enjoy their new stuff very much). And we're back to some nice head-moving riffs at 3:58. Things like the small detail at 3:58 where you do the slide is really something that shows how well put-together this thing is. The vocals are very nice too. They really fit the mood well and are rather diverse and mixed in quite well volume wise. The guitar tones also work towards the death-metal vibe but sound a bit fizzy but that might just be my speakers not sure. Drum is fine, I didn't really notice them which is good for VST drums. The snare is pretty good, as in it fits the thing again giving of the right vibes.

Very well done, you really captured a vibe well that bands haven't been able to catch for a while but still gave it your own spin, not some mindless rip-off or carbon-copy.

Thanks so much! ATR were one of the bands that made me want to play guitar and I used to play and listen to their stuff all the time. I do agree that they lost their edge after the first couple of albums though. I have heard of God Dethroned, I like how they use melodic lines but not in a "happy" way like other bands, more in a darker, atmospheric way.
Though I'm not a huge fan of ATR currently (I like heavier, more simple death metal =] ), I still show mad respect for them, they have a lot of talent. This is very well written! The vocals are awesome too. It kind of reminds me of Dark Tranquility - Lost To Apathy. Keep up the great work!
This isn't really criticism I know but I really enjoyed that, was very cool. Making my way through the soundcloud stuff now hah. Is this just a studio project or are you planning on playing it with a band?

"Intense yet intricate" Scottish melodeath band, who have been reviewed live by Terrorizer, Metalgigs and Valkyrian Music in the past year

Get our debut EP Helveien, for free download.
I'm not a fan of death metal (but I'm a fan of old "speed" metal) but this sounds very cool to me. The guitar sound is good and thick, nice full chunky-thunks and really kick ass guitar playing. I really got into the chorus too, I dig the melody thingy going on there.

It did seem like the drums were a bit low, but maybe as pinguinpanic said, that's a good thing. I just really like drums pounding in my ears competing with the guitars for my attention...of course, maybe that's why I can't hear shit anymore.

Here's mine if you care to listen...though it's a bit like elevator music compared to yours, ha ha.. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1594397
never heard atr but was a fan of At The Gates. Great riffs and structure. Vocals performance sounds too mild/quiet.