wats this mean really

isnt this pretty much just knowing various slang names for drugs and knowing how to obtain them
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
A 90s tv show
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
that makes it sound like its some sort of dangerous lifestyle like living in the middle of butt**** africa with lions
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
It simply means 'having the shrewd awareness, experience, and resourcefulness needed for survival in an urban environment.'

if that also includes learning to talk like a stereotypical gangsta as portrayed by pop culture, I'm a street genius
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by Burgery
that makes it sound like its some sort of dangerous lifestyle like living in the middle of butt**** africa with lions

Not at all. For example, if you want to live in an urbane environment, you're going to have to know where the shops are so you can buy food. This is a very basic form of being 'streetwise' or having 'steet smarts'.

Of course, the more extreme version of it exists too, but that's really just knowing what the best way to avoid confrontation is and what course of action should be taken if one finds oneself in an urbane confrontation situation. That may sound like streetfighting, but it could also refer to the correct etiquette to use when you accidently bump into someone.

It's just a term that means 'being aware of your enviroment', but one that is applied specificaly to the 'urbane' enviroment.
It means you got kicked out of school for being a 'tard.

Otherwise, you'd just call yourself "smart"
Its a street that wears glasses and a pocket protector
How do you make a signature? Is this a signature? Sig?.... Nature?..... Sigmund Freud?...... Nature Valley?.... Sigmund Fraud?..... Frankie Valli?.... ah, $!*@ it...
It means you hold guns at an angle with your arm bent outwards.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Not at all. For example, if you want to live in an urbane environment, you're going to have to know where the shops are so you can buy food. This is a very basic form of being 'streetwise' or having 'steet smarts'.

Of course, the more extreme version of it exists too, but that's really just knowing what the best way to avoid confrontation is and what course of action should be taken if one finds oneself in an urbane confrontation situation. That may sound like streetfighting, but it could also refer to the correct etiquette to use when you accidently bump into someone.

It's just a term that means 'being aware of your enviroment', but one that is applied specificaly to the 'urbane' enviroment.

I suppose it would also depend on where said urban environment is. For instance in Syria being streetwise probably includes being able to strip down and reassemble an AK47 in 2 minutes flat, whereas in the UK it would be more useful to know that you don't offer people your seat on the bus because they'll think you're just calling them fat.
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
I think of it as "practical intelligence."
Quote by element4433
Be subtle with it. Don't like molest him.

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.
It's not just common sense. It's basically being able to live comfortably in an urban environment and do everyday things without being scared of everything
cat
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Urban, man. Not urbane.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Jehuty
pretty good radiohead song

street spirit bro
Quote by korinaflyingv
Quote by Smokey Amp
Urban, man. Not urbane.

I figured he used it because it meant the same as urban, but I checked it out, and it should be urban, not urbane.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Quote by RetroGunslinger
I suppose it would also depend on where said urban environment is. For instance in Syria being streetwise probably includes being able to strip down and reassemble an AK47 in 2 minutes flat, whereas in the UK it would be more useful to know that you don't offer people your seat on the bus because they'll think you're just calling them fat.

Mfw...
I'm not the street smartest though I know a thing or two;

How to not get robbed, the price of drugs and sex and... What else?

I have this friend who's teaching me a lot, fast. She teaches me how not to be bate and all that; Like tough love, and never sending me anywhere where I'd get hurt 'of course' -- I know how to spot a fake note but; I need more practise at this; Basically, if there are ANY DOUBTS, make them swap it; Got my 2nd fake note ever this week, so, that's one thing I'm brushing up on.
Quote by guitarmaniac88
Quote by Smokey Amp

Urban, man. Not urbane.

I figured he used it because it meant the same as urban, but I checked it out, and it should be urban, not urbane.

Yeah, my silly spelling mistake... damned dyslexia.

You're both correct, 'urbane' does refer to the city because it is derived from the Latin word 'urbanus' meaning "belonging to a city," but it means "having the manners of townspeople, courteous or refined" as opposed to the word 'pagan' which in classical Latin actualy means "villager" or "rustic". The word 'pagan' in religious terms is derived from this meaning because it originaly referred to the rural adherence to the old gods after the Christianization of Roman towns and cities.
Street smarts

Playing it cool, knowing the ropes, understanding the culture, and more! If ya aint got street smarts ya aint got knowhow!
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
It means knowing people (or more specifically, how people work). It's as simple as that.
Why should I worry?
Why should I care?
I may not have a dime
But I got street savoire faire
Why should I worry?
Why should I care?
It's just bebopulation
And I got street saviore faire