Page 1 of 2
I live in Barcelona, it's March 18th, and the yearly swarm of tourists has already arrived in full force and invaded the area around the Sagrada Familia. The invasion will last at least until September, and as someone who has to walk through the mass of people twice everyday when going to and coming back from university, this is annoying as all fucks.

I don't even get the appeal of that thing, I mean, it's stilll under construction and there's cranes and scaffoldings and shit all around it, and I don't think it's THAT beautiful, but whatever.

I myself have visited various cities and been in this situation as a tourist, so I'm sure people from those cities feel the same as I do now. Do you have this kind of problem where you live?
I have no sig
Tourists come to York all the time to find out how we used to live 1500 years ago.

I'll save you the trip: it was a shithole then and it's a shithole now.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by SlackerBabbath
Yeah, tourists come to Burnley all the time to find out how we used to live 200 years ago.

Quote by Trowzaa
Tourists come to York all the time to find out how we used to live 1500 years ago.

I'll save you the trip: it was a shithole then and it's a shithole now.

Y'all had some ****ing good internet back then
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
To be fair we do get a lot of scientists, they come to study the town centre which is occupied by the escaped results of leaving a petri-dish of shit and fake tracksuits out in the sun until it multiplies enough to sleep with it's cousin.
We get Eastern European tourists. Except they stay and live here and work in Lidl and Aldi.
I live in Finland

Why the hell would a tourist come here?

They can get drunk in their own country
Well i live in Israel, so the 15 tourists in here aren't so bad
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Quote by sam b
I live in Finland

Why the hell would a tourist come here?

They can get drunk in their own country

Is it similar to Norway? I went to Norway and I loved it. I would go to Finland.
I have no sig
Quote by adamgur96
Well i live in Israel, so the 15 tourists in here aren't so bad

Sahne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111@@@@@@@@@

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Sahne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111@@@@@@@@@

you have until the 27'th to catch a plane over here

I expect you to come
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Quote by LostLegion
We get Eastern European tourists. Except they stay and live here and work in Lidl and Aldi.

This comment is gold.
Quote by adamgur96
you have until the 27'th to catch a plane over here

I expect you to come

Dude if I had a job I'd have been all up in there You should start a sahne festival down in perth and just get everyone to come over (bring the hummus)

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Quote by Mr Winters
Is it similar to Norway? I went to Norway and I loved it. I would go to Finland.

If Norway is boring and has the same landscape for mile after mile, then yeah
We get tourists all the time here in Canberra. Real pain in the arse.

NAWT.
"People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis; you can't trust people."
The Sagrada Familia is a truly hideous building. There's just too damn much going on.

And what the hell's taking so long? In the past ten years we've built a tower half a mile high in Dubai and put a rover the size of the Mystery Machine on Mars. These lazy Spaniards have been working on this for over 130 years, and it's still got at least another 10 to go!
Derby gets all the bitches.

Bitches love them some small, drab, midlands town.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by Johnny_Ibanez
The Sagrada Familia is a truly hideous building. There's just too damn much going on.

And what the hell's taking so long? In the past ten years we've built a tower half a mile high in Dubai and put a rover the size of the Mystery Machine on Mars. These lazy Spaniards have been working on this for over 130 years, and it's still got at least another 10 to go!

10 years?

I honestly believe I'll be dead before they finish it
I have no sig
Quote by Johnny_Ibanez

Everything Casa Batlló (RIP bro) designed is ****ing ugly...
and in answer to your: "wtf is taking so long" thing.... here you go.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagrada_Fam%C3%ADlia

apearantly they build it through the donations that people leave there... and they want it to be finished around 2026. the parts that are finished now are in need of renovation already...

Quote by LostLegion

We have the same, only they get the better jobs for less pay and that leaves the dutchies without a job.
Also they steal our job.

Goddamn polands..
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Last edited by BjarnedeGraaf at Mar 18, 2013,
Since being at Uni (last september) I don't think two days have gone by when a coach full of people hasn't arrived, ushering camera-wielding tourists to the Cathedral. They were coming during the snow for god sakes, well, quite.
Quote by willT08
Since being at Uni (last september) I don't think two days have gone by when a coach full of people hasn't arrived, ushering camera-wielding tourists to the Cathedral. They were coming during the snow for god sakes, well, quite.

The only bloody buses that run in the snow are the ones bringing us more bleeding tourists too. Typical.

Quote by BjarnedeGraaf
Casa Batlló (RIP bro)

What.

Antoni Gaudí, man.

Or am I being rused?
I have no sig
No.

I live in Harrogate.

Full of tourists. It's brilliant watching them queue in the snow for an hour waiting to get in to Betty's to pay £5 for a cup of tea.

Douchebags.
Just have a blurred Enrique, or go old school so only me and you will know who it is.

You tryna tell me a Biscan, Mellor or Le Tallec avatar wouldn't be great? Maybe even throw Cheyrou in to the mix.

EDIT: Not really old school, but you get my drift. Back in our old days.
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf
Everything Casa Batlló (RIP bro) designed is ****ing ugly...
and in answer to your: "wtf is taking so long" thing.... here you go.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagrada_Fam%C3%ADlia

apearantly they build it through the donations that people leave there... and they want it to be finished around 2026. the parts that are finished now are in need of renovation already...

We have the same, only they get the better jobs for less pay and that leaves the dutchies without a job.
Also they steal our job.

Goddamn polands..

It's looks great from certain angles, such as...

Makes me think of Quake.
Yeah, too bad that's not how it really looks

After 21 years of seeing it almost everyday it's just like any other building to me.
I have no sig
Belfast is full of old Americans who think they're really Irish so the roads are clogged with tour buses which randomly stop because they're all incontinent. Although its funny to watch them walk around Queens University looking really confused because everyone is Chinese
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by willT08
Just have a blurred Enrique, or go old school so only me and you will know who it is.

You tryna tell me a Biscan, Mellor or Le Tallec avatar wouldn't be great? Maybe even throw Cheyrou in to the mix.

EDIT: Not really old school, but you get my drift. Back in our old days.

Neil Mellor? Christ, that takes me back to the single thing he did. That last minute screamer against Arsenal. I'll see what I can whip up.

Most of the tourists steer clear of here until the students all leave in the summer, but then they descend like the plague.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Yup it's crawling with tourists year round.

And it makes me sad when they ask me if I've been to the infinity pool and I haven't because you have to pay for a room in the hotel it's in as well, which is 1000s of $ if you manage to get a room at all.

AND they don't know how to walk on escalators which is really annoying. Oh it was funny though, there were a few taking pics of my apartment a couple of weeks ago. It's nothing special.
cat
Quote by guitarxo

And it makes me sad when they ask me if I've been to the infinity pool and I haven't because you have to pay for a room in the hotel it's in as well, which is 1000s of $ if you manage to get a room at all.

I just looked this up, and that looks awesome! I'm going to come see it.
I live in London and my route to university takes me past King's Cross station (ie, where the Eurostar regularly vomits up slow-walking groups of tourists with wheeled suitcases dragging behind them) every day at peak times. I regularly plot mass murder.
For some reason, when I go to Glasgow during the summer it's full of Germans. No joke. I don't even know why. I've never heard any Germans saying that they want to go to Glasgow. I mean, it's not that pretty. It's not dead ugly either, but...why?

I blame Braveheart. But why am I complaining? Tourists dish out money.
stupid foreigners takin' all our jobs
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Chick Corea, Yes, Genesis, Jethro Tull

It is I, the mighty shitkicker, as prophesied by JustRooster. Obey me.
Page 1 of 2