Finding it near impossible to find an original vintage telecaster. I've found some for like 16g but I don't think that's going to happen...

Checked ebay/local guitar stores ...no luck

Any recommendations under 6k?

Thanks!
You mean like a Vintage 72, 64 or 52 Tele? Those are all around $2000.
Paul Reed Smith CE-24 2005 and Santana SE with Seymour Duncan pickups.
Line 6 Amplifiers
Boss Effects and Steve Vai's Wah Pedal
Dunlop Picks and Elixir Strings .48

WEBSITE
https://www.guitarchalk.com
Quote by robertwilliam9
You mean like a Vintage 72, 64 or 52 Tele? Those are all around $2000.

Hey,

Yea, I've just been having trouble finding them. I look up vintage telecasters and all I see are vintage reissues.

Any good sites that deal with vintage guitars?

Thanks
Define Vintage. Because anything in the 1950s, the seller probably won't accept less than $15-$20k for.

As you get towards the late 1960s you get more towards the $10k range.

You will probably be able to afford a 70s tele with $6k, but again, it is all up to the seller, and what they are willing to accept. With vintage gear there is no manufacturers suggested retail price, it's all how much the guitar is worth to the person.
Quote by Wirsteve
Define Vintage. Because anything in the 1950s, the seller probably won't accept less than $15-$20k for.

As you get towards the late 1960s you get more towards the $10k range.

You will probably be able to afford a 70s tele with $6k, but again, it is all up to the seller, and what they are willing to accept. With vintage gear there is no manufacturers suggested retail price, it's all how much the guitar is worth to the person.

Vintage, to me, is anything before the 80's. but I guess it's relative to the person?

I just dig the sound of older teles, but I don't really want to spend a crazy amount on one.
Well you can find a killer Tele from during the CBS era, late 70s for WELL under $6k at a Guitar Center, Music Go Round (if you have those) or any used store. Just wait around and eventually one will come in.
Quote by Wirsteve
Well you can find a killer Tele from during the CBS era, late 70s for WELL under $6k at a Guitar Center, Music Go Round (if you have those) or any used store. Just wait around and eventually one will come in.

Cool. Will keep an eye out for one.

Thanks
If you are genuinely interested in acquiring a vintage Telecaster, be ready to part with some serious bucks. If that is acceptable, Gruhn Guitars is one of the biggest and best-known dealers in the Holy Grail stuff. Check out their website:

http://www.gruhn.com/
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
If you are genuinely interested in acquiring a vintage Telecaster, be ready to part with some serious bucks. If that is acceptable, Gruhn Guitars is one of the biggest and best-known dealers in the Holy Grail stuff. Check out their website:

http://www.gruhn.com/

Nice site. But jeeze, a case for a thousand dollars! I'll take the guitar, hold the case.

Anyone here have a tele?

Maybe getting a new one is not such a bad idea...
Quote by Mlagz
Anyone here have a tele?

Maybe getting a new one is not such a bad idea...

I like my Fender American '52 reissue. I've had it for a very long time. I put a modern bridge on it to cure the intonation and fretting out problems associated with the old three-barrel ashtray bridge, but it is a fine guitar with or without the modern Fender bridge. I rather doubt that a guitar from the 1950s or early 1960s is going to be appreciably better, save for the "Mojo" factor.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley