What are some of your favorite experiences in life so far?

Earlier this month, I had the pleasure of seeing Immanu El (probably my favorite band) in concert. They're a Swedish post-rock band with a pretty small following in the US, so I never dreamed of having the opportunity to see them play live. Anyway, when they announced over their Facebook (with reeeeally short notice) that they were playing a show at a small venue in San Diego, I was ecstatic.

It was a really cozy show -- there couldn't have been more than 30 people there. I got to talk with the band in a pizza shop before the show, and also for about an hour in the venue after it was over. All of the dudes in the band are super-nice; they signed a copy of their second album for me and I ended up getting hugs from everyone. The vocalist even asked in the middle of the concert if I had a song to request, which I certainly did. I guess one of the benefits of being a fan of a lesser-known band is that you have opportunities like these that normally wouldn't be available.

Show n' tell:

/over-enthusiastic fanboy post >___>
Sex.

Hands down.
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
This thread.

Hands down.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Well I went on a cruise to the Bahamas for a week last summer. That pretty was rad.
And there was that one trip to Disneyworld and Universal Studios Florida when I was 13.

....That's about it.

Edit: Hands down.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Standing on top of the mountain, I looked into the abyss. My heart pounding, I felt as if the heavens were reverbrating with the pulse of existence. My skin felt like the legs of so many spiders, and as I took in a sharp breath, I prepared for the worst.

And descended.

And tripped over my snowboard and fell face-first into the snow.

**** snowboarding and skiing. Seriously. **** em.
Jumping out of an airplane was pretty rad.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
first time i smoked weed

it was pretty swag

EDIT: drugs in general i guess
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Last edited by Burgery at Mar 18, 2013,
Being acknowledged by Joshua Garcia

one of my lifes greatest moments

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I got a 60 point word on scrabble today with the word Jedi. I got a couple of small words which were ajacent hence the high score.
Riding motorbikes across Vietnam (Top Gear style) and doing awesome stuff along the way such as scuba diving, shooting an ak-47, and starring in a movie
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Being acknowledged by Joshua Garcia

one of my lifes greatest moments

Thanks babe, I think I'm pretty great too.

Now that I think about it, whoomit posted this on my profile today:
Quote by whoomit
I'm so tempted to call my new projec The Joshua Garcias.

I think if he did, that would be my life's greatest moment right there.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Thanks babe, I think I'm pretty great too.

Now that I think about it, whoomit posted this on my profile today:

I think if he did, that would be my life's greatest moment right there.

DUDE WHOOMIT IF YOU READ THIS DO IT!

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Sex.

Playing for a live crowd.

A helicopter ride through the Rocky Mountains. The lakes were so clear you could see the bottom of the lake from the chopper... really amazing.

Bunjee jumping.
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
I legit can't think any amazing moments at all. At least none that would sound amazing to others.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Sex

Weed/shrooms/acid/DMT/DXM/2C-B. Raving on E.

Moving to Tucson/San Diego/Asheville. Vegas trips. Driving cross-country.

2 weeks in London with my soccer team, getting stomped by British teams.

Colorado snowboard trips.

Round 52 on Black Ops zombies.
one time i got really drunk and felt amazing nonstop for hours and absolutely nothing bad came out of it
Its kind of sappy, but being alone on the beach at night with my girlfriend, just staring out at the ocean. It was probably the best feeling I've ever had, the cool salty air, the sand between my toes, and having my girlfriend to share it with.

Also sex.
Three days in Worcester MA. for the New England Heavy Metal and Hardcore Festival. It was the first time away from my family in a different state for more than three days. It was a great experience.
Quote by █▐▌█▐▌
an occasional acquaintance of mine @ college once asked me, apparently out of nowhere, if i had ever used psychedelic substances. (i said i had not but i would be interested in doing so at some point.) apparently he asked b/c he noticed i often walked around at nite w/ sunglasses, ostensibly looking at trees and shit (while listening to music). Anyway, later he said something about if i ever use lsd or something he would highly recommend doing it, like, in the forest. i didn't rly get why or care. (then we talked about syd barrett's "see emily play" --> syd barrett's "the gnome" --> bowie's "the laughing gnome" --> etc.)

later: the weather had been cold for quite a while [via winter], thus i hadn't been able to hang outside listening to music. hanging out in a dreary dorm room (or student-center-thing or something) and listening to music does not do the music justice, since it's not memorable and kinda depressing. My lack of fulfilling music-enjoyment had me in low spirits. Late one night, though, while walking back to my dorm after studying, i observed how pleasant the weather was and decided 'eff it, i'm going to stay up late 2nite and listen to Can's "seminal" album Tago Mago, since it is one of my favorite things to listen to, and morning-me can just effing deal w/ it.' anyway i have still never used drugs [via not having social life nor a sense of initiative], so i don't rly know, but i felt like i knew what that bro was talking abt w/ the 'lsd in the forest' stuff. cuz i was walking around in this little patch of trees and there was this little patch of dirt where there was no grass and these rocks, and i was like woah. man, like, i turned up my headphones as loud as they would go and & effing woah. it was liek, 'maaan, i am alive and the world is real and so many things are possible.' that is not true, of course, but that is what Tago Mago meant for me that nite. & i heard it more vividly than i ever have before or since, & even almost truly dove into the limbo-like chasm of "Aumgn." but then a campus cop came by and flashed a light in my eyes and was like, 'r. u. a student here? show me ur student id. what the eff r. u. doing? we got reports that someone in dark clothing & sunglasses was pacing in circles @ 1 AM. how long have u been doing this?' and so on. so the 'trip' was cut short. but i swear that was a 'trip' if there ever was 1, and one of the very best hours of my life, if not the best. Thank you, Krautrock God, for that hour-or-so of existential contentment, amor fati, life-affirmation.

another nite i happened to see this little worm/caterpillar thing and decided to watch it. it was so little and green and glowy and amorphous, like a piece of sour candy, that absorbed and emitted healing light. it hung in the air under a nice flowery arch. i stared @ it for what turned out to be two hours, while listening to Amon Düül's Paradieswarts Düül, and Can's Monster Movie. and then wow. i looked around & walked around & observed stuff & everything was so real & beautiful. there was this huge tree that had these plastic looking leaves and it looked so fake but so real, & the cool air was so nice, & the world was so clean & free. there were these statues on campus that i never really looked at before that represented the various continents—each one was like a woman or a goddess w/ some kind of animal and other object—and the electric lights at night were so beautiful—i liked the america & africa ones very much but not the europe or asia ones. i walked around and looked at the flowers & wow i had never gaf about flowers before but flowers are so nice. they are so colorful and have such beautiful shapes. there is nothing else like them in the natural world. they are very nice. they remind me of vaginas. cumming in a flower wud be nice. they are so pretty, the fact that something so transcendent appears all on its own is vry profound. thank you, Krautrock Gods, and thank you, little candy worm, for those few hours of delight & euphoria & unity w/ the world. & regards to you as well, miles davis, bitch's brew was pretty nice to listen to as well i guess.

i will not be going to that university any more. it is a lame school, but i will miss the very wonderful nite-time campus. i will cherish those memories as long as i can, though, and maybe one day i can live in a perfect garden of krautrock all the time w/ beautiful euphoria für immer (forever).

Climbing a volcano, climbing Chichen Itza in the rain, Disney World as a child, and my first dance.
LSD
Music
Camping/hiking in Glacier National Park
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Crossroads Guitar Festival 2010 was pretty amazing. 12 hours of a lot of guitarists I love doing what they do. Plus, Bill Murray was the MC. That's hard to top.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Sunrise in Pokara, beach nights in Koh Samui, kiting with dolphins here and my first solo freefall years ago are just a few of them.
Rollercoasters
Parasailing
Japandroids at Laneway
Getting to know certain people
Performing in front of 500 people by myself
cat
I sang the National Anthem for the start of an Atlanta Braves games...pretty amazing. OH, that, and seeing the G3 tour back in the late 90's... Satch, Vai, and Johnson..AMAZING!
All the sex I've had.

And seeing The Flaming Lips live.

I cried at the beginning of one of these events. Guess which. I'll give you a hint: There was a man in a large plastic bubble.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Last edited by snipelfritz at Mar 29, 2013,
Sex.

Last day of 6th grade once school was done I left with my family to the airport, went for a weeklong rip to Florida and Disney World, I was in the coolest hotel room ever, it had 4 rooms and a jacuzzi, then once that trip was over we came back and 2 hours after we got home my dad, step dad, step bro, and other friends left for Ohio to go to a gaming convention.

Playing with my high school metal band in an auditorium for a high school music show, and within our first song of our set the number of people jumping/headbanging in front of us went from 1 to around 35 and they all stayed there for the rest of our set.

Playing Dig Up Her Bones with a rock cover band I did last semester as the first song in a small, crowded bar. Our singer brought his drunk frat bros and they started an enormous pit during the chorus, people were falling all over and going crazy, I'm surprised they didn't make us stop playing.

Being 4 feet from Tosin Abasi during the time I saw Animals As Leaders. Also seeing Intronaut for the first time at that same gig, that was a great experience. I got to talk to the band members and got a free online pass to buy their new album, got pics and they all signed my Intronaut shirt.

Seeing BTBAM 2 weeks ago.

Skipping a Friday and getting up at 9 in the morning to go see Protest The Hero and Jeff Loomis on 4/20 last year, getting pics with Luke Hoskin and Loomis, coming home from the city at 7am, sleeping until 10, getting up barely, then going to my friend's ski cabin at 5 to party with friends until I fell asleep at 530am, then I got up and left at 8am, then stayed up til 3 that night and went to school at 7 the next morning. Good ****ing time.

Seeing Dream Theater and waving at Petrucci when he did a guitar solo, then he pointed at me and nodded and smiled, and I died /fanboy

The two times I went to my best friend's lakeside cabin 2-3 hours from where I live with her and a couple other friends. It was there that I jumped off a cliff into a lake for the first and only time. That was a rush.

I'm proud to say I've had some great times.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
I've done a whole lot, but I cannot really think of too much now that I'm on the spot.

I like beating the feeling of getting older a whole bunch, so all of my stories end up being pretty juvenile. That's okay though, because I am generally pretty juvenile.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,