Page 1 of 2
How do you think, which electric guitar body form is the most comfortable?
Is it the Good ol' Stratocaster form? The Les Paul form? The Warlock? Explorer? Thunderbird? Or,maybe the Superstrat form?
I'm asking just for the sake of asking out of curiosity of what are your responses gonna be.
I think strats and super strat style guitars are super comfy to play. Especially the ones with tummy cuts etc...
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I dont see how anyone would pick a les paul over a strat :P les paul is just like a chunk of wood, strats actually have a carveout. les pauls are heavier than strats which also makes them less comfortable. my les paul is pretty uncomfortable compared to my strat and it falls off my lap alot :P
Last edited by srvstrat at Mar 18, 2013,
Quote by I K0nijn I
Les Paul or SG. I like them both a lot.

SGs aren't bad but I don't like how my LP digs in below my ribs.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
The jazzmaster is the most comfortable guitar i've tried
Quote by RSOB Bass
Thanks Andy, you're fucking awesome.

Quote by XmydyingheartX
^___^

Quote by Andrea55
Banned because I love you!

Happily e-married to RSOB Bass
E-brother to Andrea55
E-Uncle to KitKat555
dude, strat is the most comfortable by far it was the gut cut and the arm cut. nothing better than a strat
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I think strats and super strat style guitars are super comfy to play. Especially the ones with tummy cuts etc...

I would say this too, specifically the Ibanez RG - they are just the right size and shape.

I think the Fender Jaguar and the Ibanez Talman (very similar shape-wise to the Jaguar) was pretty comfy too.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
I think Strats and Superstrats, but I guess it's just whatever you get used to. I have mates with V's that say they're the most comfortable, even when sitting down, because they're used to it. Personal preference
Ibanez TSA30 < Boss OS-2 < Custom Frankenstein Strat w/ scalloped board and Epi LP pickup
sitting I really like superstrats, but standing I prefer a les paul. it's just a matter of where my arm lands on the guitars' body. I tend to be an "active" player live, so a guitar with a smaller and out of the way body (like an lp) seems to work well.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things...
Strats and Jags.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Hands down, for me, a Fender Jaguar. I've got long skinny fingers, so it makes no sense, but my Jaguars are my go-to for comfortable playing. I love the tone of some Les Pauls, but they just don't feel comfortable for me to play. Even my Tele feels off from time to time, and I really dig my Tele. Jazzmasters are a close second, but, of course, it's a whole different game in scale length and string tension with how I like my action set.
OffsetOffset
actually a warlock is also surprisingly comfortable as well. not so much when your laying on a couch though
Strat. Though none of my electrics are bad; not even the '65 Mustang (which doesn't have either comfort contour). They are all a million more times more comfortable than any acoustic...
Quote by shiggityswah

Welcome to UG. Everyone here will piss you off at some point, it's just what we do.
Quote by jetwash69
Strat. (blah blah blah i was paying attention) not even the '65 Mustang (which doesn't have either comfort contour). (oh my god a 65 mustang)

O.o i am so jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by randywolf244
O.o i am so jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, it's just a re-issue. I guess I need to say '65 Mustang (RI) from now on I only specify '65 since later models (and their re-issues) have big differences, like contours.
Quote by shiggityswah

Welcome to UG. Everyone here will piss you off at some point, it's just what we do.
Any S-body style. My Ibanez, any Strat, etc.

However, if I'm sitting down, the fatter and thicker the better. Acoustics, hollow body electrics.

So it's different depending on if I'm standing or sitting.
I'm comfortable with strats or superstrats compared to LPs and teles because of the (what do you called that?) tapered edges? where your elbow or forearm usually rest when playing. But don't get me wrong, I love LPs and teles.
I've never really thought about it. As long as nothing is poking me, I'm happy.

But any guitar that doesn't work in the classical position is out.
Quote by Good Ol' Ramos

However, if I'm sitting down, the fatter and thicker the better. Acoustics, hollow body electrics.

You make a good point. I didn't even think about that until you said it.

If the guitar is too thin, it always slips off my leg while I'm trying to play it. I think that's why I didn't really like the Gibson SG when I played it; I just couldn't get into a comfortable position with it.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Strat/Superstrat shape. To me it's the most comfortable and practical solid body electric guitar shape.
Quote by W4RP1G
I've never really thought about it. As long as nothing is poking me, I'm happy.

Pretty much my take in things, too.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I developed a stinging sensation in my arm, caused by a forearm nerve being trapped against the right-angled edge of a PRS SE Singlecut, that pretty much forced me to sell it. For fear of it recurring, I'm basically limited to superstrats and similar shapes. Pretty depressing considering how much of a bargain the SE was, and how great it played. I currently play an Ibanez S570DXQM which is very comfortable, but I think the comfiest shape I've played is the Music Man JP6, because of its massive arm contour.

Quote by W4RP1G
And this too.
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
Last edited by Firewind Raging at Mar 19, 2013,
Its all about personal preference. I prefer bigger guitars whether i'm standing or sitting, like knowing I have got a guitar in my hands, but the comfiest is the Strat by far.
I love Randy Rhoads V's when sitting down. They lock themselves in place on my leg (classical position) and in just right angle. Also my picking hands elbow rests on the guitar at just the right spot, not too high that I would feel tension in my shoulder nor too low where I feel like I'm slouching. Its perfect, no tension what so ever.

I also love Les Pauls when they are heavily countoured like my Cort EVL. Though technically I'm not sure if they count as Les Pauls anymore. But still they feel good standing up (despite their bulkiness) and not to mention they look amazing.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Mar 19, 2013,
Quote by srvstrat
I dont see how anyone would pick a les paul over a strat :P les paul is just like a chunk of wood, strats actually have a carveout. les pauls are heavier than strats which also makes them less comfortable. my les paul is pretty uncomfortable compared to my strat and it falls off my lap alot :P

Because they're awesome!

I think Strats are ridiculously comfortable.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

I find strats very uncomfortable for numerous reasons. I like them, but i just can't work with them.

My favourite guitar shape for comfort is the SG shape - I find the beveled edge works far better than a forearm contour for keeping the edges of the body out of the way of my forearm so i have the freedom of movement to pluck the strings comfortably. There's no issue with upper fret access, and the neck is angled and positioned just right for me. Also, neck dive isn't an issue because i use a leather strap with a good gripping surface on the underside.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by W4RP1G

This. I literally can't play an electric guitar in the contemporary position (body on right leg, neck parallel to floor). So far, the only guitars I can play properly while sitting are V-shaped -- and with my V I've found myself enjoying sitting while playing for once. I really didn't ever sit down to play until I got my Schecter...

Standing up, it's a whole different ball of wax. It doesn't make much of a difference to me. Still prefer the V though.

Without a shadow of doubt, most ergonomic guitar I have played.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Jazzmaster/Jaguar bodies.

Like strat bodies but balanced better.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
My strat is my most comfortable to play sat down and stood up... Not too heavy either. Unlike my Les Paul... I use it for gigs, my inner right arm is just blood by the end of a 45 minute set from rubbing the front of the guitar, weighs a ton too.

But it plays like a dream and sounds incredible.
Silverburst
My Music Man Albert Lee which is a very weird shaped guitar is more comfortable for me than a strat. I guess it's personal preference which depends on your body, and the way you hold the guitar etc.
gotta be, for me, Jaguars or Strats. Dem body contours <3
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Going to have to say the V is probably my favourite in terms of comfort, I've always preferred to play in the classical position and it just works perfectly.
I'm not sure what it is about me (other than my body shape) but I just can't play RGs comfortably while standing up. If I have my arm resting on the guitar at all it turns back towards me, making stretches very awkward and painful at times. Any ideas?
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
Page 1 of 2