I play in a blues/rock two piece band, so need a huge sounding guitar tone. I currently use a Marshall 1959SLP plexi head with a 4x12" cab (celestion G12t-75's and greenbacks)... effects I use try to produce a fat and chunky sound, and I can get away with it most of the time but I wanted to try adding a second amp to the mix to handle more bass-heavy tones.

I'm looking for a combo tube amp that can handle some fat tones, which also has an 8 Ohm extension cab output (as I have a spare 8 Ohm 2x12" cab lying around with little use).

Any recommendations for brands etc?
Cheers
Budget? - What is practical for you and what is your limit?

Genres? - What style do you play mostly, fav guitarists, do you need cleans, etc?

New or Used? - Lots of great amps out there used, especially in a down economy.

Home or Gig? - Also important. Maybe you do both. Jamming with a drummer can be considered 'gigging' but you won't have a PA etc.

Closest City? - We aren't here to stalk you but we need to know where you are in the world roughly and we can help further if we know what city you are in (ie craigslist, local shops, Guitar Center used section, etc)

Current Gear? - Also good for us to know.

Paragraphs of information about yourself are nice but we really just need the answers to these 6 things.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
Budget? - What is practical for you and what is your limit?

Genres? - What style do you play mostly, fav guitarists, do you need cleans, etc?

New or Used? - Lots of great amps out there used, especially in a down economy.

Home or Gig? - Also important. Maybe you do both. Jamming with a drummer can be considered 'gigging' but you won't have a PA etc.

Closest City? - We aren't here to stalk you but we need to know where you are in the world roughly and we can help further if we know what city you are in (ie craigslist, local shops, Guitar Center used section, etc)

Current Gear? - Also good for us to know.

Paragraphs of information about yourself are nice but we really just need the answers to these 6 things.

Ah shit sorry mate, I was rushing when I posted this!

Genre: I play blues rock, in a two piece band with sound similar to early Black Keys but a bit heavier and fuzzier.

Don't mind if it's new or used... used is probably better, as always cheaper and I don't care if it looks clean or not.

Gigs mainly... only would use a combination of amps if doing large and important gigs.

Preferably in South Australia, but whatever you recommend I can try to find here used or whatever.

Current gear: various guitars with humbuckers and p90's, Marshall 1959SLP head with quadbox, effects.
Quote by loop-de-luke
I play in a blues/rock two piece band, so need a huge sounding guitar tone. I currently use a Marshall 1959SLP plexi head with a 4x12" cab (celestion G12t-75's and greenbacks)... effects I use try to produce a fat and chunky sound, and I can get away with it most of the time but I wanted to try adding a second amp to the mix to handle more bass-heavy tones.

a combo tube amp is generally open backed and open back cabs are generally not known for their 'chunky low end'.

also, if your 1959slp is anything like my JTM45 clone (and i have heard they are) then that is going to have more low end than most other amps you'll run across.

if i was in your place i'd try to use the marshall setup for the 'low end' stuff and use the new combo amp to compliment that tone.

generally when i run more than one amplifier i try to use two quite different amps. for example: if i want to use my orange OR50H (class A/B british EL34) with my 2x12 (ceramic celestion clones), then i'll choose my THD bivalve (class A american KT66/6L6GC) with a 1x12 (70's alnico eminence). this are two very different setups, i like to cover my bases and diversify.

so i would look for some kinda fender combo or something.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
I think adding another cab to the setup might be better. Your plexi should have plenty of low end, finding the right cab could to go with your 4x12 might help. Something oversized with some tighter speakers might do what you need or possibly some 15 inch speakers. Just something to think about.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not