I was just wondering if anyone knows if I were to use a midi control board, could turn my analog pedals on and off with it? I do not like multi effects pedal boards, but sometimes I need to turn multiple pedals on and off at the same time. and could I also use the same controller to switch amp channels(lets say its a tube amp such as an egnater or something)? I do not like distortion pedals so its kind of important to know if that is even possible too. If anyone knows and could help me out that would be great...thanks!
Look into the G-system or the cheaper Ground Control stuff. The G system can change channels, and RJM makes a little module that can select a channel for each PC (Patch) you choose.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Ok thank you I will look into those, but for an example say I bought a Tc elctronic G major and ran into an egnater tweaker amp, that has 2 channels, would there be a way to use any of those midi boards you suggested to control those 2 things plus a few analog pedals?
Quote by steveo67
Ok thank you I will look into those, but for an example say I bought a Tc elctronic G major and ran into an egnater tweaker amp, that has 2 channels, would there be a way to use any of those midi boards you suggested to control those 2 things plus a few analog pedals?

the g system runs a loop or two where you can insert analog pedals just about anywhere anywhere in the signal.

if you want more control then you'd need an extensive switching system that prob costs too much for your needs.

i think the g-system comes with some relay switching ability, this should allow you to change the channels on your amp.

as long as you don't want to run a bunch of pedals the g-system should suit you fine.

cheaper options are like the digitech xp1000 or line 6 hd series for example (they should have an insert loop and some relay switching, plus other modeling options).
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Look into G-System and Voodoo Labs Ground Control.
Guitars
- Strandberg OS6, Strandberg CL7, Gibson LP Studio, S570DXQM, RG7421, Mayer Strat, Partscaster

Amps
- TC-50, Mark Five:25, Invective (soon), Vypyr 60
Quote by gumbilicious
the g system runs a loop or two where you can insert analog pedals just about anywhere anywhere in the signal.
Four switchable loops plus an insert in fact.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by steveo67
for an example say I bought a Tc elctronic G major
There is a big difference in price between the $400 G-Major rack processor he's asking about and the $1300 G-System that has switchable loops you guys are talking about.
Quote by BobDetroit
There is a big difference in price between the $400 G-Major rack processor he's asking about and the $1300 G-System that has switchable loops you guys are talking about.
True, but the G-System is exactly the right tool for the job.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification