Would a Warwick Semipro 300w head with a 4x10 cab be suitable for small to moderate size gigs? It'll predominantly be used for metal FYI.
Should be ok for serious music so I reckon it'll be fine for metal.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Should get the job done. Still, to be sure, which cab are we talking about??
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Unless you are competing with a guitarist (or two) playing through a Marshall stack, you should be fine. How much wattage you need - even for a small gig - depends as much on what the rest of the band uses as it depends on the type of music played and the size of the room.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Cheers for the replies guys, helps immensely!

Quote by FatalGear41
Unless you are competing with a guitarist (or two) playing through a Marshall stack, you should be fine. How much wattage you need - even for a small gig - depends as much on what the rest of the band uses as it depends on the type of music played and the size of the room.

I believe both guitarists are playing through 100W Fender Mustangs, and the drummer tends to hit pretty hard.

Quote by Sudaka
Should get the job done. Still, to be sure, which cab are we talking about??

I believe it's a matching Warwick 4x10. The salesperson did say that I'd be able to hook up another 4x10 if it wasn't loud enough, but I suppose it depends on the resistances of the cabs.

Quote by John Swift
Should be ok for serious music so I reckon it'll be fine for metal.

Excellent news

Quote by Phil Starr

That link seems to be broken...
I think it will be fine. I think the important thing is you've got a 4x10. I've found a 2x10 would struggle against a hard-hitting drummer (me), but 4x10 is fine (depending on sensitivity, obvs)
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."