So last night I had a dream where I die. Now I've had the usual childhood nightmares where you get chased, open door, look out window have a moment of terror then wake up. Not including being eaten by a puppet double act as there was no dying sensation just being swallowed, this was the first time I recall dying.

It was a all out war situation, no ground units just intermittent explosions from bombs being dropped by aircraft at night. I think I was either trying to escape the area or thought maybe I could stop it but then i saw a bigger bomb looking like those nuclear warhead things coming down to land no more than a couple hundred feet away, knowing I was buggered I still half tried to run but was quickly overtaken by a flash of light. It was strange but I accepted that i was going to die and it felt real as I lost conciousness.

So any similar experiences?
Yeah, I've died before in my dreams, don't remember exactly how, though. My dad said he's fallen numerous times out of the sky, hit the ground and died most times.

Actually, in a dream just a month or two ago, a nuclear warhead hit, and everything kind of slowed down, went yellow and started burning. I died in that one too.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
I have really mundane dreams, unfortunately. I never dream of fantastical places, or crazy scenarios (usually)

For instance, I've been dreaming a lot about my mother and step-dad getting a divorce lately, which I guess correlates with all the nasty arguments they've been having lately.
Last night I woke up because of a screamer (I think it was the zombie from the "Ghost Car Commercial") in my dream. I didn't die in that dream, although I almost died waking up, lol. It was horrifying.
Well, I had this dream like, half a year ago, but this is what I wrote up when I was telling someone about it, so I just copied and pasted it.

I can’t really remember what was happening before this, but it wasn’t a bad dream, as in, it was actually fairly nice. But then I got into a lift with someone, who I don’t know who, and it was going up, but then they got out, and the lift was still going up, and up, and up. So anyways, I really we were really bloody high up, like, not in any building or anything, just, in the air, and I started panicking, and pressing all the buttons in the lift, then the lift stop going up, and started falling.

So that in itself was kind of scary, but it was really high and I remember telling myself like, don’t tense up, just relax and all that, then I started, kind of stupidly, thinking the whole ‘if you die in your dream you’ll die in real life’ thing, which kind of worried me, ‘cause I was in this cramped lift falling to the earth, but I kind of thought I was going to wake up before I hit the floor, like most dreams, because at this point I had realised I was dreaming, so I guess it had become lucid for a bit.

But I didn’t wake up, I actually, in my dream, hit the ground, and I don’t really remember what happened, but I remember I was just lying there, not in any pain, but I remember as soon as I hit the ground I saw a shite load of blood everywhere. However, after this I still didn’t wake up straight away, I was just lying there like ‘crap, I am dead, I can’t wake up ‘cause if I wake up I’m going to be dead’, and all that. And when I did finally wake up, my body was in that whole sleep paralysis stage and i couldn’t move, and I felt like I was being crushed, like my arms and legs, so that was kind of creepy.
Last edited by Chrisseh at Mar 19, 2013,
I dreamed that I was being lethally injected, I could feel everything that was going on, every needle (they use 3), and everything went cold and heavy and black. Not too long ago, I dreamed that I was shot and felt the same thing. When I woke up both times, I wasn't happy that I was alive, I wasn't sad either, it was just living, the same as ever. Pretty badass I think. Nuclear explosions are for pussies, you're even a bitch in your dreams
Quote by ne14t
I like a man's cream on my face every morning before my tea.

My girlfriend and her mom see each other nude daily for some weird reason
when i was a child i had 2 recurring dreams i can recall

in one of them i climbed up on the apartment complex i lived in and jumped off again and again and again. wasn't fun.

another one is one where i was walking down the street with my mom and she told me not to drag my coat on the ground behind me, or the police would get me and put me in prison. i was pretty badass, so i didnt, and the police saw it, and they got me and i was put in prison.
i used to think that one actually happened
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Few weeks ago I had a dream that had me and my friends in a "end of the world/apocalypse" scenario. My group was attacked and I was stabbed. After it happened though, I told the perpetrator "**** you, I'm a ghost" and I spent the rest of the dream ****ing with the guy.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Quote by Metalisnotmusic
I dreamed that I was being lethally injected, I could feel everything that was going on, every needle (they use 3), and everything went cold and heavy and black. Not too long ago, I dreamed that I was shot and felt the same thing. When I woke up both times, I wasn't happy that I was alive, I wasn't sad either, it was just living, the same as ever. Pretty badass I think. Nuclear explosions are for pussies, you're even a bitch in your dreams

Ionizing radiation > gunshots > hugged to death by bunnies > needles.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
i've had so many dreams where i've died i can't even remember them all. usually falling, overdosing on drugs, people shooting/stabbing me, etc. i also had a dream once where i almost died and woke up, then this really horrible social situation happened that scared the shit out of me because i thought it was actually happening. then i woke up for real. nightmare-ception is probably the worst thing ever.
Last edited by Dregen at Mar 19, 2013,
When I was playing MW2 a lot, I had a dream that I was on the Afghan level and I died. Weird thing is, I respawned. I didn't think that was possible in dreams.

I don't really remember what killed me or feeling anything, though.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Last edited by eGraham at Mar 19, 2013,
Quote by Cavalcade
Next time that happens, check the killcam.

lrn2hrdcore
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
Quote by guitarmaniac88
Ionizing radiation > gunshots > hugged to death by bunnies > needles.

Hey there. Ionizing radiation in the sense he meant it wouldn't hurt at all. Also, it's quicker than you in the sack. Lethal Interjection would be scary, sadistic and unavoidable. So fuck you for that, and fuck you if you don't get the reference I made.
Quote by ne14t

I kill myself in dreams, usually jumping off buildings but I've shot and hanged myself too, I think it's cos I'm too much of a pussy to do it irl.

Usually I wake up and it feels like the dream was a while ago instead of right before I woke up, which is a weird feeling like time is missing.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
If God didn't want people to be gay why did he put a G spot in our asses?
I don't dream that often but when I do it's about my friends that died in a drunk driving accident last October. I always dream about being in the car with them when it happened. It sucks hard but it's something I have learned to live with
e-married to Jack (bladez)
I did that once. It was incredible.

I think I fell off a big freaking cliff and hit a few freaking rocks on the way down. Then some freaking fairies that looked like Navi or something freaking flew around me and brought me back to freaking life and then I woke up.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
My deaths always involve a white light limbo area. The most realistic dream I ever had that involved death was me dueling a gunslinger in the old west in a saloon.

He shot me in the chest and the leg and I shot him in the hip but he survived. I slowly faded away while everyone in the saloon tried to revive me. My vision faded, my heart beat slowed and my speech slurred as my vision ended up as a white light area that I stayed in until I woke up.

Another time a nuke smashed right into me and I was left in a white light for the remainder of my dream.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I had a dream I jumped out of a helicopter that was about to get hit by a tank's missile.

I had no parachute, no jetpack, nothing. I hit the ground and saw black, then I woke up.
I thought of a few more, and reading everyone else's helped jog my memory.

I was in my grandma's back yard, which had a pool, and was encircled by trees. I was standing out there with my mom, just standing there, not even talking. All of a sudden, literally hundreds of fighter planes appeared in the sky above us, and started dropping warheads on all of us. We ran inside, but my mom couldn't make it. Once I got inside, there were some kind've terrorist's inside the house, but I woke up before anything else happened.

For some reason, if I wake up, and then go back to sleep fairly soon afterwards, I never fail to have a vivid dream.
Quote by whywefight
Its Freud telling you you're gay

Don't be stupid, the flash of light was clearly a flashback to the last time he was near his mother's vagina. What Freud is really telling you is that you want to shag your mother.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
Quote by Chrisseh

But I didn’t wake up, I actually, in my dream, hit the ground, and I don’t really remember what happened, but I remember I was just lying there, not in any pain, but I remember as soon as I hit the ground I saw a shite load of blood everywhere. However, after this I still didn’t wake up straight away, I was just lying there like ‘crap, I am dead, I can’t wake up ‘cause if I wake up I’m going to be dead’, and all that. And when I did finally wake up, my body was in that whole sleep paralysis stage and i couldn’t move, and I felt like I was being crushed, like my arms and legs, so that was kind of creepy.

Creepiest thing I've ever read. Kinda cause the last time I was high (last time being the previous time and the last time) I thought I had died and I couldn't move in a straight line through time like I kept repeating the same second of my life over and over again and I thought that that was literally what hell was.
I dunno. Just reminded me of that.

As far as dreams go, I had a reoccurring dream as a kid where I'd play hide and seek with my one neighbor in my house. And I always had to find her. She'd always go into my room and turn off the light to make it harder to find her. I'd always go right in with a feeling that something bad would happen, but I'd always just walk in, shut the door and look while the light was off.
Then I'd get a bad feeling in my stomach and I'd turn around and reach for the light switch, but wouldn't be able to find it. Swat at it twice, freak out, turn around, my neighbor is floating above me in a white dress with dark, ethereal face and glowing white eyes. As soon as I looked at her, I wouldn't be able to breathe. For 15-30 seconds, I would be conscious that I'm not breathing, but be locked with her eyes. Eventually she'd lunge at me and when she touched me, I'd go completely numb and limp. I'd wake up with the same sensation, often not having full control of my limbs for the first few seconds after waking up.
=/

My girlfriend says she has nightmares every night. Can't remember a night she didn't have nightmares. She's probably got some pretty good ones but she gets upset when I ask her to talk about them.
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Last edited by King Of Suede at Mar 19, 2013,
I have brutal death nightmares all the time, probably because I'm afraid of death.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Metalisnotmusic
Hey there. Ionizing radiation in the sense he meant it wouldn't hurt at all. Also, it's quicker than you in the sack. Lethal Interjection would be scary, sadistic and unavoidable. So fuck you for that, and fuck you if you don't get the reference I made.

What makes you so sure it wouldn't hurt, genius?

Because you have both lethal and interjection capitalized it makes me think it's a name, and the only thing that comes to mind is the Boondocks, especially because the form of execution is "lethal injection", but they are "Lethal Interjection". If so, the rest of the post doesn't really connect, they weren't really scary or sadistic at all.

Maybe I didn't catch the reference, but either way, you seem like you'll be a wonderful addition to our forums here at UG.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
I've never died in my dreams. But I have killed a lot of people. o.o
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
I was in this survival competition, sorta like 'The Running Man' except it was various animals that would try to kill you. Probably started off with 8 of us in a desert like situation. It was full of dinosaurs so we were all trying to run away, I think a T-Rex might have killed someone. For sure a pterodactyl swooped down and got somebody. Anyway I was doing damn good, ran into an abandoned school for shelter. Got to the locker room, and opened one up, and a bunch of wolves jumped out and mauled me. Total ****ing bullshit.
Quote by UL tomas
So last night I had a dream where I die. Now I've had the usual childhood nightmares where you get chased, open door, look out window have a moment of terror then wake up. Not including being eaten by a puppet double act as there was no dying sensation just being swallowed, this was the first time I recall dying.

It was a all out war situation, no ground units just intermittent explosions from bombs being dropped by aircraft at night. I think I was either trying to escape the area or thought maybe I could stop it but then i saw a bigger bomb looking like those nuclear warhead things coming down to land no more than a couple hundred feet away, knowing I was buggered I still half tried to run but was quickly overtaken by a flash of light. It was strange but I accepted that i was going to die and it felt real as I lost conciousness.

So any similar experiences?

I had one similar experience when I dreamed I fell out of an airplane...except I didn't except it, I screamed like a little girl the whole way down haha! I even woke up in a cold sweat.

But, there was one time where I really did die in my dream. I was murdered. In the dream I was in my friends car and he was driving to an apartment complex to pick up a friend. I opted to stay in the car and wait and while I was waiting I was observing like I usually do. I look outside my window and see, what I thought, to be a shady looking guy walking towards me. I took no notice of him but then I looked a second time. This time, he was upon me gun drawn and took aim. After a crackle, I felt a thud in my body but no pain. It was as if I was being hit by pure energy. I took 5-10 shots each one rocking my entire body and I slowly became aware that I had just been killed, death by gunshots. Before I could even think about it I (sort of) accepted it and was simultaneously in denial. I thought, "Really? This is how I die?" and then I slipped away into consciousness...

Quote by Dregen
i've had so many dreams where i've died i can't even remember them all. usually falling, overdosing on drugs, people shooting/stabbing me, etc. i also had a dream once where i almost died and woke up, then this really horrible social situation happened that scared the shit out of me because i thought it was actually happening. then i woke up for real. nightmare-ception is probably the worst thing ever.

I've had nightmare-ception to! I had a triple or a quadruple nightmare and it was one of the creepiest nightmare's I've ever had. I can still remember it vividly to this day. Basically, I was in this nightmare and I was soooo weak. You know that feeling you have when you stand up to quick and you feel drained and even prone to faint sometimes? That's what I felt like except slightly worse. The funny thing is I've actually felt like this a few times in my real life to. Anyway, I wake up and I can barely walk, breath, think, and keep myself up and stable. But I walk out of my room in my house and into the living room and everything is still. I feel isolated, complete and utter desolation and dreadful. I literally feel dread coming over me and I look out through the front door of my house. The sky is red and orange there is a slight wind because my door is swinging gently at the hinge and I sense the end of the world. There was no one else but me. I felt like I was the last person in the world and staring out into a dead man's land.

Then, I woke up into the same nightmare again. This time I get a little further. And then I wake up into it again. Again. But nothing past what I mentioned is logged in my memory.
Quote by Fishyesque
Well, you might make her think otherwise.

You could just show her that you have a PS3 and BANG.

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
A chainsaw can take a girl off her feet pretty nicely. Then there are less limbs to worry about while you rape her.
Last edited by BlueAltitudes at Mar 20, 2013,
I once dreamed I was shot in the head. Normally when I have death dreams I wake up before I die. (i.e. falling long distances) but this time I actually died and I woke up a bit after and couldn't move or open my eyes. Worst feeling ever.
Most dream sites go along with Freud on death dreams. Whether you kill someone else or you die, it supposedly means there is a facet of your personality, bad habit, or a bad situation that is out of your control, that you want to eliminate.

Pretty straight forward and reliable interpretation imo.

If you think back to when you had the dream and what was going on in your life at the time, you'll probably see the truth in this.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Last edited by mystical_1 at Mar 20, 2013,
Quote by mystical_1
Most dream sites go along with Freud on death dreams. Whether you kill someone else or you die, it supposedly means there is a facet of your personality, bad habit, or a bad situation that is out of your control, that you want to eliminate.

Pretty straight forward and reliable interpretation imo.

If you think back to when you had the dream and what was going on in your life at the time, you'll probably see the truth in this.

Makes sense. The dream took place at the high school I was currently enrolled in, I hated school.
i did that once when i thought i was lucid dreaming

bad idea
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Had a dream i was shot multiple times including once in the head. I was protecting a bunch of kids i knew as a kid myself and it was a battle against these mexican drug guys in SUVs.

Started as a family/friends type of picnic in my yard then shit hit the fan and they stormed it. I got hit in the chest,legs and head. I fought through the chest and leg hits but the head shot took me down.I was laying on the ground with my girl and family crying around me and i was trying to smile. All went slowly black and i woke up.

The feeling was impossible to accurately describe as it was one of the few dreams where i've actually been hurt.

I was also eaten by zombies once in a dream so real it disturbed me for the rest of the day. That made me jerk awake violently as if i was still thrashing and i fell off my bed. The feeling of terror as the faces descended upon me was beyond belief.
Knowledge is power
I had a few dreams where I died.

One was when I just got shot in the back of the head randomly. In total the entire dream lasted about 1.5 seconds from beginning to end. But I knew I got shot. I heard the bang, and then an instant thud with a classic ear ringing sound and then everything went black (even though I wasn't seeing anything) and I felt my brain kind of wind down real quick and that was it. Then I woke up.

Another one was when someone shot me in the chest point blank with a rifle. I went down instantly, same thing with the ears ringing, being dazed and all. Then my hearing went out just as my vision was starting to get blurry and eventually I was getting tunnel vision. My co-worker at the time was over, trying to keep me awake, she was crying I could see she was flipping out. I was just laying there. I was trying to breathe but it's like my breaths meant nothing. Breathing wasn't painful though. I barely felt any pain, just slight pressure/discomfort feelings in my chest. I don't know if it's possible to feel things like that in dreams.

That dream was years ago and I remember it very vividly.

Then I had a few random ones that I sort of remember, like I was in Afghanistan and I shot some kid running with a gun but just as he went down he randomly exploded like he had a grenade and I got some shrapnel in my arm.

Weird shit guys. What can I say, dreams are ****ed.
Quote by guitarmaniac88
What makes you so sure it wouldn't hurt, genius?

Because you have both lethal and interjection capitalized it makes me think it's a name, and the only thing that comes to mind is the Boondocks, especially because the form of execution is "lethal injection", but they are "Lethal Interjection". If so, the rest of the post doesn't really connect, they weren't really scary or sadistic at all.

Maybe I didn't catch the reference, but either way, you seem like you'll be a wonderful addition to our forums here at UG.

2/3 times during lethal injection the painkiller, the second needle, fails to work, meaning that the person literally feels all of their organs stop working and a poison crawl across their body when the third needle is administered. The first needle is a relaxant, meaning the person cannot move at all. Imagine not being able to move while you experience an unbelievable agony and fade into nothingness.

To dream of dying of a nuclear bomb is stupid. The only way you would know it was an A bomb is being close enough to see it or hear it or hear the sirens. If you are that close to the bomb at detonation you will be incinerated and feel no pain. Nuclear bombs are for pussies, and there's science behind it.

The reference was to The Boondocks, and was not hard to get at all if you'd seen the show, which you had.
Quote by ne14t

i once dreamed i was impaled by a spear from a horseman in a battle like you see in the movie braveheart. weird stuff indeed
"If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying."