'Sup guys.

I don't post too often here, I usually manage to find what I need, but can't really now.

I have a Boss TU-2 Chromatic tuner that I've been using for 5 years or so now. It usually resides in my pedalboard and had the output jack plugged in constantly. I've had some amp troubles before, so when my volume started to randomly drop a few weeks ago, I figured the amp troubles returned. But, I also tried my amp without any pedals and noticed it was working fine. After some troubleshooting, I found the Output jack of my Tuner to be very 'loose', due to lack of a better word. It won't stay in properly, so I also figure it isn't making a proper connection (I am not a very technical guy).

Now, I kept using the pedal for a couple of weeks using the Bypass jack, but I'm very used to using the Output jack, since it mutes the guitar signal towards the amp. I took the pedal home and took it apart, taking a look if I could see if any parts were loose and if I could fix them easily. I tried moving the metal plate inside the jack closer to the edge, to see if it'd get a better grip on the cable, but since it does not, I suspect metal fatigue.

Now, my question is, are those outputs easy to replace and what should I replace it with? I couldn't find any sort of type written on it, nor a specification on the internet. It's a different jack than the Bypass and Input jacks, so I'm not too keen on just going to an electronics store and buying a random jack. Below are some links to pictures.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v637/npf1/BossTU2a.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v637/npf1/BossTU2b.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v637/npf1/BossTU2.jpg

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.
Gear:
Gibson Explorer
Marshall JCM 900 Dual Reverb Combo
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
Tons of Green Tortex picks
Lots of other crap...
Last edited by MetalNick at Mar 19, 2013,
i have seen these 1/4" jacks before. look on mouser for 'em, i am sure they'll have 'em.

you'd need a solder pencil, some desolder braid, some resin and solder. you'd desolder the old part using the braid and the solder pencil. then you'd solder the wires to the new part. done.

i would try bending some of the connectors first. a little adjustment might make a snug fit.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Thanks, I went to a local store which has a lot of electronic and audio equipment. Bought a new jack for €1.25, soldered it in and it works!

The connector was the part that seemed very loose, I moved it, but it stayed loose, hence my hunch it was fatigue. Oh well, it works now.
Gear:
Gibson Explorer
Marshall JCM 900 Dual Reverb Combo
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
Tons of Green Tortex picks
Lots of other crap...
 hi could someone kindly help me.. my pedal chain connectors..have to be shaken to get connected..and each time i step on it (on /off) i loose the connection again..yes i did clean the base sockets, and jack heads..my jacks are soldiered perfect by me.. but it happens over and over.. was thinking if i decide all pedals and arrange them correctly.. I COULD SOLDIER THE LEAD CONNECTORS DIRECTLY INTO THE PEDAL SOCKET..INSIDE carefully.. would this be a good idea???? please help me ...I RUIN MY GIG due to this