Hey with tax returns less than a week away I was looking at guitars, I've got it narrowed down to two options:

1. Mexican fender strat hss or
2. Mexican fender hss with locking tremolo

The one with the Floyd is 350 more, I really like having the Floyd but I really don't know it its worth that much extra. What do you think?
i dont know i played both, and liked the one with the floyd a lot more i just have a hard time justifying it since it costs so much more

edit: my main guitar now is a 95 strat with a floyd, i have the trem blocked off but i use the floyd for everything from tuning, to seeking tune, to having a comfortable place for my hand to sit when im playing
Last edited by randywolf244 at Mar 19, 2013,
it's "worth" is really up to you. It depends on if you're planning on doing a lot of Hendrix/Van Halen-style dive bombing or not. I've got a MIM strat and I pretty much blocked the tremolo off, without actually modifying it. If you don't really even use the trem, I would say it's not worth it. IMHO the strat bridges aren't all that bad if you know how to set them up to your liking, as they always seem to leave the factory really, really loose. Probably something to do with neck tension while shipping.
think of it this way...
if you get the one you don't like, you'll be disasatified with it and will keep wishing you bought the better one.
(the best thing to do is just find a used one for a similar price.)
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

What you really need is a new amp.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly
I have been hearing about MG amps lately. I have heard good about them, but only a few times have they been talked about here.

I think you can go a different route. Carvin has an option where you can install a floyd rose on non-floyd rose guitar for about $120. Check it out.
Quote by Fishyesque
Well, you might make her think otherwise.

You could just show her that you have a PS3 and BANG.

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
A chainsaw can take a girl off her feet pretty nicely. Then there are less limbs to worry about while you rape her.
I certainly wouldn't pay that much more for a Floyd equipped Mexican Strat, but then again I wouldn't pay what they want for a new Mexican Strat. I would either buy used at a good discount or find a used American Strat with a Floyd for what they want for the new Mexican. There's what appears to be a decent Contemporary Strat on Ebay at the moment, though I don't know if the price is right for its condition .
I'd definitely look for something used to save the cash. A Japanese contemporary strat would beat the piss out of a MIM strat.
$350 more for one with a Floyd and no other differences? That sounds like highway robbery!
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs