Page 1 of 7
In Obama We Trust
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
The assault weapon ban was ridiculous anyway. Not only was it massively vague, it wouldn't have even addressed the biggest issues.

Unfortunately this will just reinforce the pro-gun crazies and the regulations that could have helped will have no chance of going through.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
The assault weapon ban was ridiculous anyway. Not only was it massively vague, it wouldn't have even addressed the biggest issues.

Unfortunately this will just reinforce the pro-gun crazies and the regulations that could have helped will have no chance of going through.

actually lemon, scrapping this part should allow the rest of the bill to pass in this case, not that it's a super good one
Quote by Lemoninfluence

no doubt.
Quote by CoreysMonster
You can lead a herd of asses to water, but you can't make them drink it.

weird analogy
Quote by captaincrunk
actually lemon, scrapping this part should allow the rest of the bill to pass in this case, not that it's a super good one

I was referring to a specific set of regulations which, as far as I know, aren't included in the bill i.e. a system similar to that of the UK where there are stringent checks on all gun sales and a 'good reason' needed for certain firearms.

This defeat essentially means that any further attempts at regulation will fail because pro-gun nuts will point to this and say "they even dropped less strict plans back in 2013 because... blah blah blah".

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Good, Americans need a M16 to hunt deer.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Lemoninfluence
I was referring to a specific set of regulations which, as far as I know, aren't included in the bill i.e. a system similar to that of the UK where there are stringent checks on all gun sales and a 'good reason' needed for certain firearms.

This defeat essentially means that any further attempts at regulation will fail because pro-gun nuts will point to this and say "they even dropped less strict plans back in 2013 because... blah blah blah".

didn't stop healthcare after bill clinton's failure. it's just a setback
Quote by Trowzaa

It's the Bill of RIGHTS, not the Bill of NEEDS.

Besides, nobody NEEDS a car that'll go 0-60 in 1.4 seconds or does a buck 50 in a quarter mile...
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
Missouri had a bill going through that would make it so all the gun laws that the feds passed would not be enforced by the state or something like that.
Quote by Trowzaa

AK-47's are where it's at bro.
Quote by Trowzaa

I suppose it's a good thing then that M16's would have been 100% unaffected by Feinstein's bullshit.

The AWB was worthless in '94, and this would have been equally worthless.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
There are more important issues facing our country than gun laws...
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by Zombee
There are more important issues facing our country than gun laws...

Go make a thread about them.
Quote by IronMaiden76

Besides, nobody NEEDS a car that'll go 0-60 in 1.4 seconds or does a buck 50 in a quarter mile...

rabble rabble my rights rabble rabble

Quote by Trowzaa

You can't own an M16 without certain permits that are hard to get. Do any of you even know what semi-automatic means or what they were trying to pass off as an 'assault weapon'?
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Last edited by Angus_Junior35 at Mar 19, 2013,
Quote by Angus_Junior35
You can't own an M16 without certain permits that are hard to get. Do any of you even know what semi-automatic means or what they were trying to pass off as an 'assault weapon'?

you can buy a used one on craigslist pretty easy bro.
Quote by Sir-Shredalot

Would you care to make a small wager on that?

Because I'm willing to wager that you can't buy one on Craigslist at all.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Trowzaa
rabble rabble my rights rabble rabble

Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
Quote by Sir-Shredalot

Find me a MilSpec select fire M16 then.
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Quote by Angus_Junior35
Find me a MilSpec select fire M16 then.

Not exactly hard to modify an AR-15 to select fire.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

And what regulations are those?
Bout time. Now I don't need to worry when some gay negro tries to break into my house and spread his AIDS through eye contact

Quote by IronMaiden76

However there isn't a law in the constitution saying "The people have the right to a really fast car." That's covered in either property law or under life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. You're being pedantic over words and demonstrating you don't actually understand the concept of rights. Rights are there to address the needs of society and the people. At the time that the Bill of Rights was written, much of America was relatively isolated, with many settlements located a day or more away from other settlements. People needed the right to bear arms, because, in a town with one sheriff, far from any aid, raiders or wild animals had an easy target unless civilians were armed. The Second Amendment was so that the population could protect their collective property. As society developed, towns became larger, wild animals became less common, raiders became armed robbers, law enforcement became larger and more efficient, and people only needed to protect their own home or their immediate neighbours, rather than a whole town. Meaning that to protect their property, large numbers of the most advanced guns available are not necessary. In close quarters such as a house, assault rifles (and other types of rifle) will likely do more harm than good. In your living room, a pistol is a much more effective weapon and is all that is necessary. Whereas owning a weapon whose only practical use is to go out and attack large numbers of people is not necessary to society and should not be a right.
Quote by CV334

Sir, the contents of my mouth just blew all over my keyboard, desk, and part of my monitor. For the record, it was slightly chewed Keebler cookies and coffee slurry.

The average pitmonkey's response to my jokes.
Quote by oneblackened
Not exactly hard to modify an AR-15 to select fire.

Really? And how many have you 'modified'?

Let's see, the bolt carrier is missing the entire bottom section which is required to activate the auto-sear, the trigger group needs to be completely replaced, the back of the receiver will need to be milled out so the right parts can fit etc etc.

Yes, it can be done, but it's scarcely a trivial task.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
The Constitution 1
Obamabots 0
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Arby911
Really? And how many have you 'modified'?

Let's see, the bolt carrier is missing the entire bottom section which is required to activate the auto-sear, the trigger group needs to be completely replaced, the back of the receiver will need to be milled out so the right parts can fit etc etc.

Yes, it can be done, but it's scarcely a trivial task.

It's right here bro

Pretty easy
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...

Quote by crazysam23_Atax
And what regulations are those?

Mainly thorough background checks including a psychological evaluation, a medical evaluation, and references from multiple respectable persons testifying to your lack of short-temperedness.

Then for certain weapons a specific and genuine use for that weapon. Say if you wanted a high calibre semi-automatic rifle you have to have a bona fide use for it e.g. hunting in a place where single shot/non-automatic weapons would be unsafe, and would have to support that reason with evidence (such as permission off a landowner to hunt certain animals on their land and/or the relevant licenses).

Specific storage requirements and/or regular proficiency tests would be good too, but not too essential. And I suppose you could go further and outright ban handguns, but I know how easily you lot twist your knickers over the b word.

Quote by element4433
After the last assault weapon thread, I won't even weigh in on that since I know little to nothing about what constitutes an assault weapon.

There's so much sensationalist bullshit. People thinking that all guns will be banned and that Obama is some evil tyrant. I've never understood. I know a lot of people who enjoy their right to own guns but some people go overboard in portraying the current administration as anti-gun.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
C'nada.
Quote by CoreysMonster
You can lead a herd of asses to water, but you can't make them drink it.
Sublime first reply.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Esperanza Spalding, Vulfpeck, Caravan Palace

It is I, the mighty shitkicker, as prophesied by JustRooster. Obey me.
I want to have the right to bear personal nuclear weapons.

Anyone who tells me otherwise is a filthy communist who hates freedom.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Esperanza Spalding, Vulfpeck, Caravan Palace

It is I, the mighty shitkicker, as prophesied by JustRooster. Obey me.