Does anyone feel like they "jinx" themselves sometimes?

For example, if I'm doing something good in my life I feel like I will jinx myself if I tell people of what I'm doing. Wether its a musical opportunity, romance or any thing that is good in my life. Whenever people ask me what I've been up to, I always give them a very broad response, even to family and friends, for fear that I will sabotage myself. Does anyone else ever feel like that? I've never thought of myself as a superstitious person but maybe I am….
no because im not a stupid who believes in jinxes
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
You're a lunatic.
BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

I SAY, I SAY, BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

They say when they finally attack, all the impostors will peel themselves. In order to tell if you have been assimilated, check for a zipper somewhere near your pelvis.

This reminds me of a Cracked article about how telling people about your goals makes you less prone to work towards them.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Like that thing people say that people should knock on wood when talking about how good things are going or something like that as to not jinxs it?

I don't but my mother annoys me so much with those kinds of superstitions. She has another one that you should never put you purse/wallet on the floor or you will lose your money or will not get money or some crazy shit like that... my mother is kinda crazy.
Quote by Weaponized
I twisted your sister and bragged about it and turned out fine

dont be dumb

She told me about that. Good on on you!
Sometimes I do everything in threes so Charlie doesn't die.
It's a process, not an event.
That's like asking if karma exists. You can believe it, but chances are its purely coincidence.

^ohmygod have I ever told you how much I love your avi?
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
yea im not superstitious either *knocks on wood, turns exactly 720 degrees to the left while maintaining eye contact with right hand just below the thumb, knocks on wood 8 more times then 4 backflips into a 5min masturbation stint*

but yea im not superstitious or anything
Quote by Joshua Garcia
That's like asking if karma exists. You can believe it, but chances are its purely coincidence.

^ohmygod have I ever told you how much I love your avi?

I believe you have, on several occasions,

♫Who lives in the east neath the willow tree
Sexual Harassment Panda!
♫Who explains sexual harassment to you and me
Sexual Harassment Panda!
♫Don't say that don't touch there
♫Don't be nasty says the silly bear
♫He's come to tell you what's right and wrong
Sexual Harassment Panda!
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
That would be completely irrational.

Then again, most humans are, so I guess it might be possible.
Gear:

Guitars:
LTD Viper 100FM
Ibanez RG320PG P2 (For sale*)
Ibanez RGA32 (w/ IronGear pups)
Epiphone Pro-1

Amps:
Vox VT15
or
Vox Tonelab EX
- through -
Peavey KB-300

* = PM me for more details

Quote by Willowthewitch

The actual correct answer
ive never understood the whole knock on wood thing, and i've only ever seen it used in bad american sitcoms

how does it work?
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Burgery
ive never understood the whole knock on wood thing, and i've only ever seen it used in bad american sitcoms

how does it work?

it doesn't
Quote by SkepsisMetal
it doesn't

right but like, when are you supposed to do it, how many times in what incidences and whats it supposed to prevent
Quote by korinaflyingv