So my local guitar center has a 2007 RG1570MRR (the mirage red finish model) for 699. It's used, but believe me, there's not a scratch on it (just some really slight scuffs by the usual area where a pick guard would be). It plays beautifully, has a Crunch Lab in the bridge (something I would've put in it anyway) and a Tremol-no (another thing I would've put in it). I have an old RG120 that I don't play right now and an RG2EX1 that this will replace. I'm contemplating just trading them in to get this one. Does it sound like a good idea? Thanks!

EDIT: Oh and it comes with the Prestige hardshell case and the original pickup that was in the bridge position.
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
Last edited by Krauser at Mar 19, 2013,
That seems like a pretty high price to me. I've always seen japanese ibbies go for less than that as different GCs, but it might depend on the area.
Quote by W4RP1G
That seems like a pretty high price to me. I've always seen japanese ibbies go for less than that as different GCs, but it might depend on the area.

I'm still researching it more but a lot of what I found is around that price. Some are a little less, but most are more. The only this is that this is immaculate and has 2 of the upgrades I would have been doing to one anyway (the Crunch Lab and the tremol-no) so I'm kinda torn.
Taylor 214CE

Well, if that's how much they are going for, then I guess you don't have much of a choice if you want that model.

Does the guitar meet all of your expectations? I don't think $700 is too much to pay for a Prestige in mint condition, I think they are great guitars. I've just seen them go for less at local GCs in the past, so I've come to expect a lower price from GC.
Quote by W4RP1G
Well, if that's how much they are going for, then I guess you don't have much of a choice if you want that model.

Does the guitar meet all of your expectations? I don't think $700 is too much to pay for a Prestige in mint condition, I think they are great guitars. I've just seen them go for less at local GCs in the past, so I've come to expect a lower price from GC.

Honestly, I don't know if I'm just overreacting and GAS'ing for a guitar right now regardless of actually needing one or not. It certainly meets my expectations (it plays beautifully, actually better than my S prestige) and it certainly is pretty. I just don't know if I'm missing something about this guitar and I'm overlooking a glaring reason it's 699 and immaculate. I did quite the one over at the store. All the tuners are great, the fine tuners are smooth, the electronics are solid (smooth pots and no scratching/buzzing) and theres no rust anywhere. Slight slight slight wear under the pickups, but that's it. Not even a single dent on it. The fretwork is great and the neck is straight as an arrow. Hell, the tuners and the back plastic covers still have the protective plastic on them. I'm just personally torn.
Taylor 214CE

If you love the guitar, then it's a no-brainer. GC does have a 30 day money-back guarantee on used gear.
Quote by W4RP1G
If you love the guitar, then it's a no-brainer. GC does have a 30 day money-back guarantee on used gear.

True. I'm gonna go for it! Thanks man. Hopefully they'll be a nice NGD later on today
Taylor 214CE

Quote by Krauser
True. I'm gonna go for it! Thanks man. Hopefully they'll be a nice NGD later on today

Looking forward to it