What I'm trying to figure out is. If I use a power supply, do I need to remove the power supply from the outlet to fully turn it off? Or do I need to only remove the cable from the input. If the latter method works, is it safe to keep the power supply in the outlet? Thanks.
To remove electrons from the pedal, yes it would need to be unplugged and any equipped capacitors would have to be drained. As long as the unit is plugged into the wall, it is energized. Try unplugging the power to a pedal but leaving it in your effects chain...no signal when you play. They need 9v to even pass the signal.

They are designed to be left plugged in. If you have a Blackstar distortion or some other type of pedal with a tube, I might unplug it, but otherwise it doesn't really matter.
I typically have my entire rig plugged into a power strip and just turn it off when I'm done.
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Slash Goldtop Les Paul
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
So if I get a strip and turn it off when I'm done, it's safe to leave the cables plugged in the input?
Quote by HammerParty
So if I get a strip and turn it off when I'm done, it's safe to leave the cables plugged in the input?

Yep
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Slash Goldtop Les Paul
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro