Page 1 of 2
Did you have one when you were younger? Do you still have one? I'm not sure if I ever had one, as I'm sure if I did, it would have been a fair amount of time before I can remember.

I saw this thread over on another board, there were some pretty interesting stories on there. Whilst I dunno if it's true, this one was pretty cool:

I actually had a significant nopeworthy experience with an imaginary friend.

Basically, when I was little, my imaginary friend's name was John. I remember him clearly. He was a very nice, funny old man. I knew he wasn't "real" in the same sense that I was, but I still could see him, hear him, and feel his presence. I remember him spending hours and hours playing with me and then waving happily goodbye with a "See you tomorrow!"

I remember one time, my mother was catering to my imagination and asking me about him. She asked what he looked like, ("Oh, he's an old man with a tan, a straw hat and suspenders.") and what he talked about ("He wants to take me for a ride in his car!") and how old he was ("He says he's old enough to have known you when you were little!") and she thought that was cute and all.

Fast forward to about ten years later. My mom's searching for her birth parents. She was adopted when she was 6, so she has very vague memories. Eventually, she finds one of her younger sisters who was able to stay with their birth family. The sister unloads all these photos onto us, and it was very cool to be able to see all these previously unknown family members. So we're flipping through the pictures, and we get to the pictures of their dad, my grandfather. He had died back in the early eighties, before I was born. They're telling me about how his name was John Henry. They flip through to the pictures where he was older and bam... John the imaginary friend. Obviously. Like, without question.

I hold my tongue, 'cause I'm not into looking crazy in front my new aunt. They keep talking, and my aunt mentions how he always wore a straw fedora, and he loved to ride in his car that he was always working on. She even mentioned that he was very funny and said to me "He would've loved you. You've got his sense of humor."

TL;DR - Post imaginary friend stories if you had one and discuss shit about them.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
Would you consider
constant visual
hallucinations brought
about by clinical
Psychosis imaginary
friends?
Whenever the Will to Power, in no matter what form, begins to decline, a physiological retrogression, decadence always supervenes.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Quote by tortilla
Would you consider
constant visual
hallucinations brought
about by clinical
Psychosis imaginary
friends?

There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
I had a few, but more often I would just imagine momentary characters to fit whatever scenario I was pretending to exist in.
Quote by King Twili

Whenever the Will to Power, in no matter what form, begins to decline, a physiological retrogression, decadence always supervenes.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Whenever I took a shit I pretended to tell imaginary friends watching me about my funny stories such as once owning an equally imaginary pet llama.

Needless to say, this is probably why I'm on UG.
Quote by captainsnazz
what?!

I'm assuming it's a Yank and he meant what we call braces. He wasn't wearing sexy tights. I hope.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

No because Im not a lunatic
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by Extra Ordinary
I've never had an imaginary friend.
I don't understand how one could see them.

There is a huge selection of psychotic diseases that can explain imaginary friends.
Not hard to understand.
I've got an imaginary flatmate with a hot sister
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
I don't have an imaginary friend, but is it weird that I'm able to get one at any time?
once my dad told me
that when he was young
he had an imaginary friend
who he identified as a cat
but now he thinks it was
real and it was
a 'guardian angel'
and he called it a cat
because he had never seen
a man with a beard before
Quote by Raster
There is a huge selection of psychotic diseases that can explain imaginary friends.
Not hard to understand.

Maybe I worded it wrong. I meant how do they see their friend? Do they see it like a real person or is it different for everyone. Probably the latter but I always imagined they just pretended a person's presence being there and not something that appears physical.
Quote by Extra Ordinary
Maybe I worded it wrong. I meant how do they see their friend? Do they see it like a real person or is it different for everyone. Probably the latter but I always imagined they just pretended a person's presence being there and not something that appears physical.

It can vary from person to person, just take some shrooms or salvia to see it by yourself.
Our brain can place objects/people/things in front of our eyes that aren't really there, and a schizophrenic mind has no problems in doing so.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Fixed.

The cadence is all wrong, that's nothing like Stevie.

Get your shit together, bro.
i miss the old kanye
Nope. Though I do remember folding my bathroom mirrors and having conversations with 3 of myselfs. Myselves?

...Meh.
Voted UG User of the Year 2015 & 2016
When I was little I had an imaginary unicorn and fairies, I never really saw them (although I could describe what they looked like) but I used to believe I could feel if they were around.

But my weird experience was when I was around five when my mum sent me to a bible school during the summer. The place used to be an old prestigious mansion that was converted into a church. When I was little I had wandered away from the class and went into the chapel because I heard a man crying. I sat and talked to him and he told me about his story and how he was sad (long story short his family was killed and he was left alone trying to find them). Anyways I went back to class and when questioned about where I went I explained about the man, I even knew his name S.Y. Meyers, Mr.Meyers to me. My teacher freaked out and called my parents to come and get me. Apparently the owner of the original mansion had the same name and same story. I don't know if I imagined it all because of a story I over heard, or if some man played a cruel trick on a youngster, or if really was an unearthly moment... but what I do know is that I never forgot it.
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.

-Voltaire

So it is written.
I always wanted an imaginary friend as a kid, but I couldn't ever imagine one.
I hold my tongue, 'cause I'm not into looking crazy in front my new aunt. They keep talking, and my aunt mentions how he always wore a straw fedora, and he loved to ride in his car that he was always working on.

ha, my imaginary friend wouldn't be so le cringeworthy.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
"If one person has an imaginary friend, they call it crazy. If many people have an imaginary friend, they call it religion."

I watched the Exorcist when I was eight. I was too terrified of imaginary friends to have one after Captain Howdy.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Quote by █▐▌█▐▌
once my dad told me
that when he was young
he had an imaginary friend
who he identified as a cat
but now he thinks it was
real and it was
a 'guardian angel'
and he called it a cat
because he had never seen
a man with a beard before

Guardian angels are imaginary friends for adults.
Imaginary friends are just ghosts that chose to only be seen by the kid.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
No, i had a cat
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
When I was younger I had an imaginary friend, I used to think he went everywhere with me, that I could talk to him and he could hear me, and that he could grant me wishes and stuff.

Then I grew up, but I'm still going to church.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Sometimes I think all my friends have been imaginary.

(extreme cookie for anybody who gets the reference)
Quote by CoreysMonster
Sometimes I think all my friends have been imaginary.

(extreme cookie for anybody who gets the reference)

Calvin and Hobbes?
I had an imaginary friend up until I was about 5, her name was Peggy, she was a penguin.

Yeah I'm too awkward with people to even have an imaginary human friend.
My imaginary friend tells me to kill and burn. He sits on my shoulder and whispers evil deeds into my ear.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Page 1 of 2