lol just realized my first guitar has an oiled neck!

its a crappy Ibanez Gio thats a strat ripp off. just took it out of its case for the first time in a long time, and damn its awesome. I for sure need to fix this one up! its sooooooo smooth. cant wait to get my strandberg now!

anyways, anyone know where I can get a set of chrome 6 in line tuners that are decent quality for a decnt price? this is going to stay a beater guitar but the stock tuners and bridge are abysmal
Quote by Seanthesheep
lol just realized my first guitar has an oiled neck!

its a crappy Ibanez Gio thats a strat ripp off. just took it out of its case for the first time in a long time, and damn its awesome. I for sure need to fix this one up! its sooooooo smooth. cant wait to get my strandberg now!

anyways, anyone know where I can get a set of chrome 6 in line tuners that are decent quality for a decnt price? this is going to stay a beater guitar but the stock tuners and bridge are abysmal

I don't think Gios have oiled necks.
Quote by W4RP1G
I don't think Gios have oiled necks.

They don't. Neither does any other Ibanez (unless someone sanded off the finish and oiled it)

What Ibanez uses is a thin layer of satin polyurethane. Some of their more vintage-inspired models have a tint to them.

The only guitar companies that I know who do oiled neck finishes from the factory is Kramer, Charvel, older Jacksons', older BC Rich Gunslingers, and some ESPs.

To answer your question though, I would check allparts.com - they have some "economy" hardware that is a little bit cheaper than your usual Schaller/Gotoh/Grover stuff.

I'd trust something from Allparts a lot more than something from GuitarFetish.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Last edited by stonyman65 at Mar 20, 2013,
I'd go with allparts i've guitarfetish for hardware. GF hardware is not generally well regarded.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I thought that the Wlkinson EZ lock tuners for 29 bucks was pretty reasonable compared to Allparts non locking economy tuners for around the same price, but whatever floats your boat
It's Guitarfetish' own brand that sucks. Wilkinson hardware is pretty good regardless of where you buy it from, as is Gotoh, Schaller, Sperzel, Planet Waves, Grover and so on.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Grover Rotomatics are basically "industry standard" tuners and very good (and available for purchase in nearly every guitar store), but other big-name brands (Gotoh, etc.) are also excellent. You might consider grabbing some locking tuners from Schaller, Sperzel, or Planet Waves, as once you get some you'll never want to go back to regular tuners.
Quote by stonyman65
They don't. Neither does any other Ibanez (unless someone sanded off the finish and oiled it)

What Ibanez uses is a thin layer of satin polyurethane. Some of their more vintage-inspired models have a tint to them.

The only guitar companies that I know who do oiled neck finishes from the factory is Kramer, Charvel, older Jacksons', older BC Rich Gunslingers, and some ESPs.

To answer your question though, I would check allparts.com - they have some "economy" hardware that is a little bit cheaper than your usual Schaller/Gotoh/Grover stuff.

I'd trust something from Allparts a lot more than something from GuitarFetish.

I have satin necked guitars, this feels nothing like it. I can practically feel the wood underneath, alot like my Gibson V which is almost worn down to wood on the neck. its a thin satin layer of poly, its gotta be VERYYY thin. and its a bone stock guitar, was my first guitar that I got new. wierd thing is the fretboard feels very flat too. looks almost like its not radiused, Ill have to take a closer look later on. maybe its incredibly ****ed up for the better?

but in general, thanks for the hardware suggestions guys! deff gonna go check it out and see what I find