Well, guys, I'm making this thread just to share my happiness with you.

I had my first gig last Sunday, and it was a great experience. We played outdoors with 3 other bands (one was a "tribute" to the Beatles, which sounded really nice).

I felt kinda nervous at the beggining (In fact during the sountest, there were 4 bars where i completely lost it, LOL) but i started getting comfotable as the gig was going on. I had almost no mistakes (apart from the soundtest ) and my friends said we soundes really good as a band, and that they heard nothing wrong about the bass (a couple of them are musicans).

There's a small video to promote the "festival"! The music is one of our songs. Starts with my bass (Yeah! Bassists FTW) and you'll find my lipbiting still-not-loose-enough face at 0:39.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90wJSqLkIQI

I also want to thank all the bass forums users for all the help received. I remember when I came around asking which was a good beginner bass, without using the searchbar, and i don't remeber if i also asked if i could use the bass through the guitar amp. As newbie as i was, a year and a half later, i can tell I gigged succesfully! Thanks very much!
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Quote by anarkee
Felicidades!

Here's wishes for more music in your future!

Gracias!

Thanks again guys! I'm already craving for the next gig

EDIT: Front picture at the webpage Somebody liked me apparently
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Last edited by Sudaka at Mar 20, 2013,
The only way to improve is to gig as often as you can. This is a rather blurd date sheet from 1963 that shows how we were averaging over four gigs PW.
Late summer 1962 after playing Rhythm for a year I bought a Bass on the Saturday and played our bands first gig the following Friday. From that moment we never stopped gigging during the crazy, wonderful days of Beatlemania.
BTW we had daytime jobs as well.
Attachments:
Coal Aston 015a.jpg
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Last edited by John Swift at Mar 21, 2013,
Gigging is in my opinion the moment when all the time you've put into learning to do what you do becomes worthwhile. A crap gig can make you feel awful, a great gig can make you feel on top of the world... there's no other experience that comes close.
Spare a Cow
Eat a Vegan
Practicing is giving the music to yourself. Gigging is giving it back to the world. Nothing like it.

Playing live also steps up your game considerably from a playing perspective.