At least a year ago, I got the Line 6 Spider IV 15W(i'm in an apartment) amp for $99, and loved.
But I'm seeing this is most defiantly a beginners amp. I'm lookin' for somethin else in $180 or below dollar range(was lookin at marshalls).
I play mostly metal(all of it) and blues kind of music.
Any recommendations?
EDIT: I probably should have mentioned this,
I have a BOSS DS-1 distortion pedal.
Didn't know if that'd change any recommendations
Last edited by LAWLIET107 at Mar 21, 2013,
somethign with a 12 inch speaker.

Try Vypyr and the Mustang, Vox VT.

Are you willing to go used? A Vypyr 60 would be a step up. It's still a modeling amp, however with your budget its still an upwards move.
is saving up an option? your budget wouldn't set you at the next tier of amps.

by saying save up would be $100 in the next few weeks or if it would take a year.

but to second anything that comes with a 12" speaker and doesn't say spider or mg on it would better.

the peavey vypyrs are pretty impressive for what they are, the 30w has a 12" speaker, should be able to find used in budget.

best option and what has been recommended and what will is the vypyr tube. still modeling amp, but it has a tube output stage. a pretty solid leap from the others.

i think you can find one for ~$300. thats what i would do.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Save up and buy a Peavey Vypyr Tube 30 or something, it's like the spider in that it models a wide variety of sounds, only it does things properly and actually sounds good.
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V
Vypyr 30. Small but significant upgrade. Vypyr 15 sounds better than Spider 15, Vypyr 30 sounds better than Vypyr 15. $199 new and should easily be able to get it for less. Ebay, MF, Sweetwater, Zzounds etc. Look for discounts/coupons (or just ask). Also it's easy to get free shipping and no tax.

As mentioned above though, save a bit more and you can get a Vypyr 60 for under $300 if you look used.
Guitars
- Strandberg OS6, Strandberg CL7, Gibson LP Studio, S570DXQM, RG7421, Mayer Strat, Partscaster

Amps
- TC-50, Mark Five:25, Invective (soon), Vypyr 60
Quote by Bigbazz
Save up and buy a Peavey Vypyr Tube 30 or something, it's like the spider in that it models a wide variety of sounds, only it does things properly and actually sounds good.

There is no Tube 30 that I am aware of, unless this is one of the VIP models.
Washburn MG-44(E)
Ibanez RG421 (Eb)
Art & Lutherie Electric Cutaway
Vox Valvetronix VT40
Vox AC4tv 1x10
Vox Original Wah-Wah Pedal V847-A
MXR '78 Custom Badass Distortion
Quote by Shadowofravenwo
There is no Tube 30 that I am aware of, unless this is one of the VIP models.

That's correct; there's no tube 30. I'm guessing he just typo'd that.

Haven't seen any tube models at all in the VIP series yet.
Guitars
- Strandberg OS6, Strandberg CL7, Gibson LP Studio, S570DXQM, RG7421, Mayer Strat, Partscaster

Amps
- TC-50, Mark Five:25, Invective (soon), Vypyr 60
Quote by Deadpool_25
That's correct; there's no tube 30. I'm guessing he just typo'd that.

Haven't seen any tube models at all in the VIP series yet.

I was looking at V30s on ebay while I posted it, lol! Tube 60 is what I meant. But aye!
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V
In my opinion, you have two options; Use your current budget on a Vypy 30, or a Line 6 POD for headphones practicing, or save up.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Used flextones. The mesa and Marshall amp models are more realistic then a certain amp that get a lot of love arround here.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.