Hey everybody, im a guitarist tryin to make it in the world, getting the first band up and running and for one of our songs i have to do the vocals, and in my opinion it would sound sick if i could get the Alexi Laiho style vocals from was it worth it, because well it just sounds sick so i dunno if i need a special vocal effects pedal or what or what effect i would even need for that because well that aint my main intrument so any help would be appreciated Thanks
You're gonna need cigarettes. Lots of cigarettes.

Seriously though, unless you have some specific song parts in mind, I don't recall him "using" anything besides typical studio recording magic, nothing you can just buy in a box.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Be from Finland and put on a bad American accent
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
He's talking about a specific track where Alexi sounds like he's yelling through a megaphone.
Quote by souperman08
You're gonna need cigarettes. Lots of cigarettes.

Seriously though, unless you have some specific song parts in mind, I don't recall him "using" anything besides typical studio recording magic, nothing you can just buy in a box.

Unfiltered Camels to boot!
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by Cazman
He's talking about a specific track where Alexi sounds like he's yelling through a megaphone.

well if that is what he wants, then he should just get a megaphone.

we had a mini PA setup with a horn we would use for that.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
TC Helicon makes some reasonably priced vocal processor pedals. I have one of their Voice Live processors I use for compressor and reverb and it sounds pretty good. I don't know much about Alexi Laiho though..
well i got the smokes already lol but for the certain section how it sounds during the main riffs when he sings it, it sounds like it going through an effect almost distorted but through a megaphone but i dont know if it is or not
What song are you talking about?

I'm not sure but you could maybe try using distortion. I'm not sure if that will give you a "megaphone" effect (if that's what you are after). But we need to hear the song so tell us what song you are talking about.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
So you mean the actual singing, then?

That's just a cheap recording or an expensive one made to sound cheap. Cut out the bass and mids, push the levels to clip and that's what you're left with.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.