YAY, looks like the mailman got something for me. After asking you guys I've decided to follow some of your advices and get this awesome head to compliment my JCM SL-X and help me being more versatile in gigs and stuff:

It looks like my dog also digs it:

A head and something more.. what could it be?...

A Spider Valve 100hd with FBV EXPRESS for just 375 euros, big deal for me. It sounds amazing with the live 6 SV cab and does the job pretty well when handling versatility and prog metal tones. Now I can save and take care of my SL-X in the studio and preserve it from live damage.

Review:
Once again in my music life I'm enjoying this amp after selling the same unit 3 years ago. Feature-wise you cant compete with it for a musician like me, with a progressive metal band that ranges from country-esque solos to absolutely black metal destruction (http://backtorlyeh.bandcamp.com/album/back-to-rlyeh-horrible-warning) 36 banks of 4 edittable channels, from clean to insane including crunchs, hard rock tones, modern metal reti fryed and stuff with variable eq and differents mid controls plus some well-known effects ( delays, tremolo, reverb, chorus, booster, noise gate..)
This is not a "plug&play" amp and requires some time tweaking and investing time on it, reading how the eq's are made for each amp model and how does them affect to the emulation.
Soundwise, for me, it's like a pod on steroids with valve response, because you can hear the nuances of your playing almost like traditional full valve amps. Of course it's not but you have in exchange an insane amount of possibilities letting out some of the character of vintage or special tube amps, because for me it sounds better than some JCM 2000 or stuff.
I will advice that you'll need the pedalboard to squeeze all this amp or you can't play with it live and of course, don't judge the SV by the presets, they are thin sounding and simply not worthy, use them as inspiration to get to your desired tone, it'll worth the time.
TH3 G3Ar
- JCM 900 SL-X and SV MKII 100HD with LIne 6 sv412
-Bunch of pedals ( WD,BM,NR-2...)
-Ibanez Universe uv777pbk,Rg 2550&321mh
-http://backtorlyeh.bandcamp.com/
Last edited by Adrian89 at Mar 20, 2013,
Nice. Congrats. I swear, Line 6 really screwed their reputation by releasing the lower line Spiders. I think a ton of people here are somewhat biased against the brand. At the very least, someone could get that impression by reading all the anti-Spider comments.

Line 6 has some damned good gear though. And I think you got one of the good pieces. HNAD!

Guitars
- Strandberg OS6, Strandberg CL7, Gibson LP Studio, S570DXQM (2), RG7421, Mayer Strat

Amps
- Peavey Invective, Mesa TC-50, Vypyr 60
HNAD.

since you are using it for gigs i wouldn't think the volume jump issue on presets would be an issue once you set it up the way you want it.

i've always had a soft spot for spider valves.
HNSVD

Yes - animals love gear too just like we do. Weird huh?

Oh, and you might want to add a bit more of a review just to keep this within the NGD rules. Give us a family pic too once everything is set up. With your dog too of course.
HNAD
I had a SV HD100 for 5 yrs and I really liked it. Be patient though it can take a while to dial in.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
HNSVD

Yes - animals love gear too just like we do. Weird huh?

Oh, and you might want to add a bit more of a review just to keep this within the NGD rules. Give us a family pic too once everything is set up. With your dog too of course.

Done man! I'll upload a family pic as soon as I get it to the rehearsal room!!
TH3 G3Ar
- JCM 900 SL-X and SV MKII 100HD with LIne 6 sv412
-Bunch of pedals ( WD,BM,NR-2...)
-Ibanez Universe uv777pbk,Rg 2550&321mh
-http://backtorlyeh.bandcamp.com/
Nice man! I never played on any of the valve stuff. Might have to check it out sometime if I ever see one. HNL6D!

Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Good buy this.

Perfect for having as a back up beater gigging amp.

Really liked the tonal consistency at low and higher volumes.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
HNAD! i really like these amps. they a great all around amp in my eyes. enjoy it sir!
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right