I got this bass in january but I never got around to taking pictures.
Now that I have, here's a slightly delayed NBD thread on my Warwick Alien deluxe 6.

And with the family

The bass plays really well and the B-string string projects surprisingly well. At first I wasn't too fond of the bronze stock strings, but they kinda grew on me. I might change them for Labella tapewounds later, but I'm not sure about that yet.

At first the electronics hummed quite a bit due to a grounding issue. After resoldering the wires at the output jack, the problem was solved. It's got a great sound plugged in as well, the 6-string rockbass got the same preamp as the Warwick models, so I suppose that helps

And for the big question everybody has about acoustic basses, yes it's audible when playing with other instruments. I tried it with 2 acoustic guitars and a trumpet and while it's not incredibly loud in the mix, but definitely audible.
Maruszczyk Frog 6 custom -> TC electronic Polytune-> Markbass CMD mini 121 + Markbass traveler 121H

Playing bass in Bamboo Avenue (Like us on facebook! )
EP out now!
Nice, happy delayed new bass day!

How's the fit and finish?
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
happy delayed new bass day! String spacing seems tight, isn't it? Still, you might be used to it, since you have that really nice 6 string already...

It really looks good! congrats!
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Quote by Tostitos
Nice, happy delayed new bass day!

How's the fit and finish?

It was pretty good straight out of the box. Except for the small issue with the output jack, that soldering was pretty poor. Other than that I've encountered no issues so far. I'd love to have a thumbrest, so I might make one myself in the not so distant future.

Quote by Sudaka
happy delayed new bass day! String spacing seems tight, isn't it? Still, you might be used to it, since you have that really nice 6 string already...

It really looks good! congrats!

It's got a string spacing of 16mm at the bridge, wich is pretty tight. I'm used to the 18mm of my electric bass, but it's surely manageable, the nut width is actually the same on both of my basses.
Edit: the string spacing actually might look a lot tighter due to the angle of the first picture and the fact that it's a rather large body
Maruszczyk Frog 6 custom -> TC electronic Polytune-> Markbass CMD mini 121 + Markbass traveler 121H

Playing bass in Bamboo Avenue (Like us on facebook! )
EP out now!
Last edited by sam_ofzo at Mar 20, 2013,
Neat! I've never come across an acoustic sixgun before. Enjoy it!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I was surprised at the lack of thumb rest. Lovely basses though, they get great projection.

Isn't that big hole the thumbrest?
Saints walk the earth
They don't patrol the skies
They're the people right behind you
Riding tandem through the night
It's the comfort that's discovered
Through two sets of eyes
It's the hand that stills the other
That shakes like candlelight
i saw the title and thought 'don't be an alien i'll be jealous don't be an alien don't be an-GOD DAMMIT ITS AN ALIEN I WANT ONE'
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Quote by moody git
i saw the title and thought 'don't be an alien i'll be jealous don't be an alien don't be an-GOD DAMMIT ITS AN ALIEN I WANT ONE'

A youth worker I used to know had a prototype Alien and a Wal, and he let me play them a few times. I had no idea what they were at the time. The Alien always stuck with me since then.