Basically, a friend wants to start learning drums, i found this for him to look at, but i just noticed its a EURO set, does that matter too much? Will they sound good for a long time? I don't see him playing all jazzy and virtuoso like, but more of simple rock and maybe beats like The Police and what not, and alternative, would this be a good kit with the cymbals?

http://www.gretschdrums.com/?fa=drums&sid=681#features

Any other suggestions? It seems perfect for the price, but i don't know drums all that well. Thanks!
Ibanez K-5 Fieldy Signature
Ernie Ball SUB Series Sterling Stingray 4
Yorkville XC115 Bass Cab(w/head)

"It's better to burn out than fade away"
-Neil Young/Kurt Cobain
Yeah man, it looks decent. I mean, I don't think the cymbals are going to be great, but you can always upgrade them in the future.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Looks pretty good, and will probably sound decent if you chose to upgrade the heads on it. SBRs are Sabian's cheapest cymbals, and are made of brass (rather than bronze) so don't expect a particularly good sound from them. However, they can always be upgraded in future and should definitely be fine for practising
I figured it'd probably be better than most cymbals i'd find with other starter kits. So i guess yall think the Euro part doesn't really matter too much? I know nothing on that really, other than different sizes.
Thanks for the info guys!
Ibanez K-5 Fieldy Signature
Ernie Ball SUB Series Sterling Stingray 4
Yorkville XC115 Bass Cab(w/head)

"It's better to burn out than fade away"
-Neil Young/Kurt Cobain
Quote by FedEx8
I figured it'd probably be better than most cymbals i'd find with other starter kits. So i guess yall think the Euro part doesn't really matter too much? I know nothing on that really, other than different sizes.
Thanks for the info guys!

It's not a massive deal. You can always add on a 16" tom later if that's what you want to do. I think 13" mounted toms are overkill, anyway.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
We are looking for a good drum set.

Last edited by Starc12344 at Apr 10, 2013,
Can't see the link, but if I were you (which I'm obviously not) I would take a serious look at the Gretsch Catalina Maple (or G2 series) if on a budget.
Drums Come True - Online Drum tracking Service