So I'm kind of new to guitar and I have an amp which has the option of a clean or overdrive setting, what switch pedal would I need to buy in order to switch between the clean setting and the distorted setting?
What amp?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
That is not a tube amp.

You need a switch with a 1/4" jack. But it might be a 1/4" TRS you will need to look at the manual
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate