I gotta play a show in a couple days, and my 120 watt combo is on the fritz, would my Blackstar ht-1 be loud enough if it was mic'd or plugged into a pa system? , ( the gig is in a filled school gym)
Literally anything is big enough if you're mic'ed up and have monitors. Judging from what the gig sounds like though, I would double-check if you have monitors.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
If the PA can handle the auditorium, you are all set. You don't really need a monitor, just stand where you can hear everyone.

You don't have to mic up the Blackstar. You can go direct to the PA through the emulated mic output
you most likely will not have any cleans....and you better have a REALLY good PA. of both of those are ok, you can probably pull it off.

NOT recommended
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Wait....

What kind of music do you play first and foremost?
How loud is your drummer?
What amp do you have now?
Lastly - do you have a choice?

What I mean by that is....why are you asking? Are you going to run out a buy a different amp if we say 'no'? Are you going to try to borrow a friend's amp? Are you going to talk to your band and drummer about how things may have to be different? Buy a pedal? What exactly?

I have a 1 watt tube amp. I wouldn't want to gig with it mic'd or not. I play mostly metal though.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Mar 20, 2013,
Go to a guitar shop and rent an amp?

You may be loud enough to be heard, but if you're playing rock or metal (and for sure cleaner music) you may be disappointed with your tone and your amp may be extremely noisy being pushed that hard. There are a lot of variables working against you.
Gear:

Fender Strat
PRS SE Custom 24
Agile AL-3100

Jet City JCA50H
Randall 2x12 wV30s
what is your main amp? and what is wrong with it?
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
If you can hear yourself ok in the foldback monitors you'll be fine. Don't expect to hear the amp itself, just dial it in to sound good and let the PA do all the work. They're bound to have some sort of foldback but double check before hand because if they don't have any you may want to hire an amp (or a wedge).
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Miked? Absolutely fine. Anything will work when it's miked up or sent to the board direct.

You'll be getting full power amp compression, though, whether you want it or not, and you've no chance of hearing yourself on stage unless you have additional personal monitoring.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by evmac
Go to a guitar shop and rent an amp?

You may be loud enough to be heard, but if you're playing rock or metal (and for sure cleaner music) you may be disappointed with your tone and your amp may be extremely noisy being pushed that hard. There are a lot of variables working against you.

It's not going to be pushed hard though. If it's mic'd it can be set to a normal volume and the PA'll do all the work.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey