Poll: What year of birth does being a "'90s kid" not count anymore to you?
Poll Options
View poll results: What year of birth does being a "'90s kid" not count anymore to you?
1990 - 1993
41 21%
1994 - 1996
77 39%
1997 - 1999
62 31%
1999 +
17 9%
Voters: 197.
Page 1 of 8
Anything past '95 in my opinion.

Quote by Todd Hart
So 'crunk and 'gandhi are already pussy-whipped, impressive.

Quote by Burgery
you just think they're being mean to you because you have fragile girl feelings
Last edited by kimberlydawn at Mar 20, 2013,
It's not really a year-of-birth thing, it's just their opinion on grunge.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
People who were raised on 90s culture.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
1991/92. If you didn't spend the majority of your conscious childhood in the 90s, you're not a 90s kid. Sorry.
hello
Quote by WhiteStripesIII
Past 96 too. What bugs me though is people confusing 90s with early 00s.

I love seeing comments from early 2000's Youtube videos saying "thumbs up if you still love 90's music like this"
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by beadhangingOne
1990 is the latest. Your first memories of the 1990s won't even start until 1995. Technically, 87/88ers are 90's kids.

+1
Quote by opc100
1991/92. If you didn't spend the majority of your conscious childhood in the 90s, you're not a 90s kid. Sorry.

I was born in '92 so I actually disagree with this. I was born in the early '90s, but you don't need to be born in the late '80s to know what the '90s were like.

Quote by Todd Hart

Quote by Burgery
I went as Simba for halloween when the Lion King first came out. I played TMNT on the NES.

I feel old.
84-90

cant be a 90s kid if you cant even remember the nineties
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by kimberlydawn
I was born in '92 so I actually disagree with this. I was born in the early '90s, but you don't need to be born in the late '80s to know what the '90s were like.

By that logic a senior could be a 90's kid. They weren't born in the 90's but they still knew what the 90's were like.

But I get where you're coming from. I am bold enough to say that I was a 90's kid when I was born in '94
Quote by kimberlydawn

No, but you experienced the majority of your years from 5-10 years of age in the '90s. (You were 7 or 8, depending on when in '92 you were born, when Jan. 1, 2000 hit.) Kids born in the late '80s experienced more of the '90s, but you did too.

On the other hand, kids born in '94 or '95 or '96 were 4 or 5 or 6 by the time 2000 hit.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Mar 20, 2013,
If you were born in '94, surely none of your formative experiences started happening until 2000-and-odd?
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
People who were raised on 90s culture.

this.

i'm born 89, so I'm basically "kid-raised" through the 90's and teen-raised early-mid 00's.

I have no memories or connection to the 80's whatsoever except the 6 months I was alive in 89' for.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by redandwhite12
By that logic a senior could be a 90's kid. They weren't born in the 90's but they still knew what the 90's were like.

But I get where you're coming from. I am bold enough to say that I was a 90's kid when I was born in '94

You were more of a 90s baby. But you were a kid for at least part of it.
Only if you have plenty of fond memories of watching 90s Nickelodeon, playing with those icecube water blasters, seeing Lion King in theaters, etc You gotta really experience what made the 90s the 90s. I was born in '88. So many great times as a kid now that I look back.
if you were in your late single digits by the early/mid ninties you're a nineties kid. anything else and you weren't
1990 master race.

Maybe up to '92, beyond that definitely not.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I was born in 92, and don't consider myself a 90's kid at all. somewhere between 85 and 88 is probably the 90s kid generation.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Quote by Johnny_Ibanez
If you were born in '94, surely none of your formative experiences started happening until 2000-and-odd?

True enough but I have enough memories of what people now refer to of 90's kids experiences even if they did happen in the early 00's. I guess to an extent one could say I'm a 90's kid but not in the same respect someone born in 85 was.
I was born in 1990 and I don't even consider myself a 90s kid. For all intents and purposes I grew up and came of age in the 2000's and therefore am of that decade.
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Quote by pugachev
Only if you have plenty of fond memories of watching 90s Nickelodeon, playing with those icecube water blasters, seeing Lion King in theaters, etc You gotta really experience what made the 90s the 90s. I was born in '88. So many great times as a kid now that I look back.

The 90's.
It's to die for
1980 - 1988. That way you've never really absorbed much 80s music, you distinctly remember Kurt Cobain's death and you became an adult by the time the fad was over and partied on y2k.
I want to point out that I have memories dating to 1998 and I was born in 1996. This isn't to try to prove I'm a 90s kid (I know I'm not), I just don't know how everyone has the idea that everything before six years old isn't remembered at all. Perhaps when I'm older I will forget all of it.
I had no idea people could possibly hold memories at two years of age. My earliest memory is around 4 and I'm not even sure if that is a real memory or a dream. It's pretty fuzzy.
Quote by jetfuel495
if you never psyche!'d anyone, you were never a 90's kid.

THIS. Or used the expression "that rocks"

Quote by Todd Hart

Quote by Burgery
I was born in '94, so I'd say I was more of a 90's baby since I can't remember anything before '98

However the majority of the films and shows I remember watching were made in the 90's, like a lot of Disney movies.

Still a 90's baby though.
My earliest memory is seeing a swimming pool for the first time at the age of 4.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by jetfuel495
if you never psyche!'d anyone, you were never a 90's kid.

Watch us wreck the mic...

PSYCHE!
Quote by Johnny_Ibanez
I say whatever decade you went from 6 to 16 is your Kid Decade.

and only one in ten have one specific decade for that >_>. I'd be between 95 and 05.
87 to 93 are 90's kids, maybe a tad later if you had an older brother to show you the cool stuff of the 90s. I had a little brother, I was born in 90, but at 3 I had a regular nintendo and supermario 3, a snes and ps1 later, so my little brother I'd consider a 90s kid, even though he caught it late.

My earliest memory is going to six flags in 1993.
Last edited by stratkat at Mar 20, 2013,
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
and only one in ten have one specific decade for that >_>. I'd be between 95 and 05.

Yep. Bloody mud blood.