I'm wondering where geographically you work. I'm assuming that not all economists work at the BLS or for a federal reserve bank, and not all actuaries work for *insert insurance company*

I'm just trying to get a feel for how far out I might need to move/commute from where I live.

I live in about 50 miles outside of LA County and live where three cities are all super close and intertwined to make up around 280,000 people. Are there consulting opportunities (or others) being an actuary or economist?
2 months from graduating from my MSc. There are a lot of companies interested in your knowledge. Basically every big company needs people who make the strategies etc.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by a0kalittlema0n
MSc? Would ya like ot fill me in on that one?

master of science.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Ok, well I got that, I guess i was just hoping it was something else having more to do with the question....

I know a lot of people need that info, I'm just curious about the geography of it...
First grader in economy reporting in.

Well, I can't say I am largely informed about that particular issue, but I guess that, in your case, you wouldn't need to go farther than LA. Many companies are based in that area, so there is always employers interested in new economists to work at HQs and large financial centers.
Worst case scenario you have to move closer to LA. LA is a huge international economic node, you should have no trouble finding a job in and around the city.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you