Anyone have any experience with the Carvin Vintage 16? There is one on my local craigslist for $300, but I think I could talk him down to 225-250. I just sold my tube halfstack, and will be selling another amp, so I'll have the funds. I'm not currently in a band (hence selling off some gear to downsize) and I'll mainly be using it for recording. I play blues and classic rock, as well as some heavier instrumental music ala Vai, Satch, etc. I'll drive it with and OD/Distortion pedal for heavier stuff.

How does it sound (tonal characteristics, voicing, etc)? How reliable is it? How well does it take pedals? Thanks!
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
I've been looking at one of these as well. They go new for $350. Carvin amps in general are decent quality but kind of sterile sounding. They don't really have a good signature tone of their own. The Vintage 16 has a good clean channel with plenty of headroom and a usable gain circuit though I find it better to push pedals through it on the clean side. It does not have an effects loop like the higher wattage version does.