Ok, I have found 2 deals for used guitars. Please help me pick the best one/best deal

A little about me, I don't know how to play. I am buying a guitar/amp to learn to play. Also my budget was $200, but one of the deals looks really sweet and costs $280, so I'm trying to decide if it is worth going over budget to get it.

Ok now to the options:

1. Schecter Omen-6 Electric Guitar + Line 6 Spider IV Amp Combo (comes with snark tuner and gig bag, Dunlop gatorgrip picks 2.0mm) in good condition - $185

2. Ibanez rgr421EXFM electric guitar, Vox VT15 amplifier, Gold case also has tuner pics in great condition - $280

Check out pictures!

Should I just stay in budget and get the Omen, or reach for the RG??

Help!
Attachments:
Guitar 1.jpg
guitar 2.jpg
Personally I'd go with the Ibanez/Vox deal, it seems much better to me but then I'm a fanboy for Ibanez.

I will say, however, that I generally believe Ibanez make better low-end instruments than Schecter. Nothing against their higher-end stuff, I just think the low-end value is better.

I also think it's general opinion that the Vox amp is better than the Spider; most people don't have a high opinion of the spider series at all. They're decent practice amps but the Vox is generally considered better I think.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at Mar 20, 2013,
Thanks for the feedback. I am being pulled toward the Ibanez...anyone else have any thoughts?
Definitely the Ibanez combo. The amp sounds better and will please you longer, in my opinion and the Ibanez is a solid guitar, it's worth most of the 280$, you almost get that amp for nothing. It's a steal, really, considering the case you also get with it.
Gear:

Guitars:
LTD Viper 100FM
Ibanez RG320PG P2 (For sale*)
Ibanez RGA32 (w/ IronGear pups)
Epiphone Pro-1

Amps:
Vox VT15
or
Vox Tonelab EX
- through -
Peavey KB-300

* = PM me for more details

Quote by Willowthewitch

The actual correct answer
I agree with Zaphod - The Vox is a much better amp than the Spider and Ibanez's budget guitars are good value for money.

The main thing is that you yourself are being "pulled toward the Ibanez". If you can buy the guitar you really want, it will make you want to play it more. If you buy the other option, you're far more likely to regret it & make yourself wish you'd bought the one you preferred.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington

The main thing is that you yourself are being "pulled toward the Ibanez". If you can buy the guitar you really want, it will make you want to play it more. If you buy the other option, you're far more likely to regret it & make yourself wish you'd bought the one you preferred.

This ^
Gear:

Guitars:
LTD Viper 100FM
Ibanez RG320PG P2 (For sale*)
Ibanez RGA32 (w/ IronGear pups)
Epiphone Pro-1

Amps:
Vox VT15
or
Vox Tonelab EX
- through -